#1 thepinkanator95

thepinkanator95

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :The Pirate Bay

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

So I installed the program using the installer and everytime I try and start it it says "Could not find the main class: com.teamextreme.fyre.UpdaterFrame". It's starting to make me mad, any suggestions?

#2 pjnff8

pjnff8

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :thepiratebay.se

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

i am having the same problem

#3 Flakman

Flakman

That's Mr. Forum Whore to you!

• Administrators
  • 6,807 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :Piratebay
  • LocationCA - U.S.A.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hmm...are you running the most current Java? Running 64 bit java on a 64 bit machine? Please make sure these are correct. At the moment Fyre is busy with server issues...but as much information regarding your computer, operating system, and java version will help him a great deal.
  • Chrishankhah likes this
Posted Image

Sig by Mangekyou

#4 EndlessDanseur

EndlessDanseur

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :cool free server included in game
  • LocationIn a plank house

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

me too, the new TE launcher does this..
i guess it's a corrupted java archive..

i use the old launcher or magiclauncher, and it runs fine..
An artist is always searching for ways to expand their senses.
An artist is not afraid to admit that someone is better than him.
An artist is forever in pursuit of inspirations.
An artist will gladly study the wonders of their predecessor.
An artist is never bound, and will always be free.

- EndlessDeath, Wanderer.

#5 Flakman

Flakman

That's Mr. Forum Whore to you!

• Administrators
  • 6,807 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :Piratebay
  • LocationCA - U.S.A.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Interesting...will see if we can make that available if necessary.
Posted Image

Sig by Mangekyou

#6 TyIer

TyIer

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :Google

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

i get the same error. its weird because i was able to use this just today. i used some command program to be able to give items and such, and now the game wont work anymore.

i just updated java for my win 7 x64 and im trying it again now...

#7 C̶h̶i̶l̶l̶H̶a̶w̶k̶

C̶h̶i̶l̶l̶H̶a̶w̶k̶

Backflip

• Server Donator
  • 941 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :Its a long story... I was drunk and..
  • LocationSydney, Nsw, Australia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

the new launcher works fine for me

n8kGpkV.png  cya guys :(

#8 montynick

montynick

Whippys Husband Touch Me And You Die

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :The Pirate bay
  • LocationThe land of Team Extreme

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Best thing to do is uninstall java, then the game. and install the game first and then java. and If you are running a 64bit system Install 64bit ALSO. this has seemed to work. if you have an issue with it let us know on here.

Posted Image

Today is going to be a great Day, because everyday is a great day. - Mark Miller

“I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." - John C. Maxwell

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison (1995)

#9 Prankster

Prankster

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :TPB

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

On 64-bit computer you should have both Java 32- and 64-bit. 32-bit Java for 32-bit only applications (like Opera) and 64-bit for 64-bit applications. Application itself choose Java version. I had both 32-bit Java 6 and 64-bit Java 7. Opera test shows that I'm using Java 6, but Minecraft use 64-bit Java 7.

Everything is working fine on my computer.

#10 Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrators
  • 1,940 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :In the Soviet PirateBay, TeamExtreme downloaded me!
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

Agreed with Flak. The launcher WILL give you issues if you don't have the correct bit version installed, had a lot of experience with that that a simple Java update fixed. =)

QZHDZfZ.jpgXRtGo6J.pngrDrAlsr.jpg

TeamExtreme Admin | Queen of Sekhmet

#11 EndlessDanseur

EndlessDanseur

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :cool free server included in game
  • LocationIn a plank house

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

i have a 32bit win with a 32bit java.

and was playing fine previously until i use the 1.4.5 TE installer.
previously i just do a force update..
An artist is always searching for ways to expand their senses.
An artist is not afraid to admit that someone is better than him.
An artist is forever in pursuit of inspirations.
An artist will gladly study the wonders of their predecessor.
An artist is never bound, and will always be free.

- EndlessDeath, Wanderer.

#12 thepinkanator95

thepinkanator95

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Okay so I at least got it to start running. I completely uninstalled all forms of Java that I had and wiped the registry clean of all forms of java as well as any temp files. I then reinstalled both Java x86 and x64 and it ran fine. But now I have run into another problem. When I try and log into the server it says the server cannot be reached and when I run it off the old launcher it says the server is out of date. I am very confused.

#13 montynick

montynick

Whippys Husband Touch Me And You Die

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :The Pirate bay
  • LocationThe land of Team Extreme

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Okay so I at least got it to start running. I completely uninstalled all forms of Java that I had and wiped the registry clean of all forms of java as well as any temp files. I then reinstalled both Java x86 and x64 and it ran fine. But now I have run into another problem. When I try and log into the server it says the server cannot be reached and when I run it off the old launcher it says the server is out of date. I am very confused.

There has been issues with the server, You have minecraft working, that is the good part.

Posted Image

Today is going to be a great Day, because everyday is a great day. - Mark Miller

“I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." - John C. Maxwell

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison (1995)

#14 Whippy

Whippy

I'll whip you good, if you're lucky!

• Administrators
  • 3,481 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :in game

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

There is multiple threads with suggestions in what to do if you look through them it may help you :)

MuMSr.png

RIP Smobz

#15 thepinkanator95

thepinkanator95

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Okay well just in case anyone else is having this problem and wants a clear cut solution here is exactly what I did to get minecraft working. I installed Revo Unistaller for free and uninstalled all but 1 of the Java programs I had using normal installation. On the last Java program I used the "Advanced" option to clear any registry things that were left behind and any extra files. I deleted everything. Then I went to the Java website and installed both the x86 (32-bit) for Windows and x64 (64-bit) for Windows versions of Java. After that I installed Minecraft using the TeamExtreme installer and it worked.
  • Fyre likes this

#16 MINTO

MINTO

Noobie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • How did you find out about us. :from a friend

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

i use to have that problem were it said ''Could not find the main class: com.teamextreme.fyre.UpdaterFrame " for the 1.4.7 but now i just have it for the 1.4.5 version. my problem is that when i start up minecraft and type in my user name then launch it, it will say updating minecraft ( downloading packages) and then when its done it will close. another window opens up with a black screen for just a few seconds then closes and im not in minecraft. how do i fix this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: install, error, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users