323 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

raidmax21

raidmax21

The Don

• Administrator
  • 5,326 posts

POPULAR

Around 2010 or 11, I built a brand new gaming PC. This PC was awesome, it had 2 GTX 460's and a 2nd gen I7. Hell, it had something like 12GB of ram! It was something I was really proud of. A long the same time span, Minecraft BETA launched. Like many before me, I "allegedly" downloaded a copy off The Pirate Bay. To my surprise, the copy I downloaded had a server already listed in it. I joined that server and started playing. This was the really early days of MC, hell, there was no authentication for cracked servers and no factions. In many ways this was a lot more fun with far fewer players.

As time went on, I left that server but took everything I had learned from it with me. After around six months of not really touching Minecraft, people really started messing with TNT, it became a thing to try explode as much TNT at the same time as possible before your game crashed. Back then TNT didn't work the same, there was no throttling of the explosions, this means in one second of game time you could explode one million TNT blocks. In real-time, your game crashed or it took like fifteen minutes to load it all. Tons of fun. I decided to download a Minecraft server so I could explode the TNT so even if my game crashed, the server did not. Remember, at that time 12gb of ram is a huge amount for a PC. The creation of TE started with a bang!

The name TeamExtreme was not going to be the final name; it was a placeholder that I launched the server with until I got a better name. However, TE grew at a crazy rate and the name stuck. TE is seven years old... It was rare to even see a server last a year or two but we pushed through and kept true to what TE was all about. Think about it. Since day one, TE was an economy faction server all the way to the end.

Around 15 months ago, Minecraft was taking a turn that was dark and directed by its new owners. Our factions network started to get pushed out and I set a date for my predicted departure from TE. That was only in fact 6 months from now, really I'm surprised we got this far before making the call. Three to four months ago, I noticed the start of trends and predicted the worst.

TE got to a point where we lost a large chunk of the player base from a Minecraft launcher issue that could not be resolved. Right after that, we got blacklisted and took a massive hit. However, at the same time, our two competitors also started falling. I knew that our current path was not sustainable. I put plans into action. I started recruiting a lot of people to be trained into Devs, with the goal of rebuilding TE into V4. That would cover our problems with v3 helping with player retention. V4 was to also to help combat another issue we don't have control over. If you follow other servers and networks, you would have noticed a huge drop in players from them. Networks that used to have 1200 online players now have 200.

TeamExtreme has always been at the forefront of plugin design. We build more custom plugins than most networks, regardless of their size. I have loved owning TE and being its lead designer. We have built simply amazing stuff. But all good things must come to an end.

TE has become so heavy to operate, we use four server nodes just to run this network. Each server uses 50 plugins just to be able to connect and run on the network. For example, Raidlands is a cut down server but runs around 55 plugins. Faction servers on TE use around 70-80 plugins. This is not including another 10-15 plugins running on top of that for the bungee setup.

What does all this mean? Well TE has a super refined, well everything. From the chat, to trading, to inventories working across the network. The downside? Updating and adapting the network to changes is very complex and hard. This means V4 would take another 6-12 months to build, providing we can get concepts working that don’t exist on any other Minecraft network. We actually built a working proof of concept that let you walk from one server to another without a loading screen.

I have never gave a complete design to anyone, just a lot of info to random people, here and there. As a result most people don't even remotely understand what V4 is or how it works. They just have wrong assumptions. Nonetheless pushing out something so complex is not viable. Player numbers have dropped so much in the Minecraft community. We cut back costs and removed all unneeded services. Even then we still needed $500 every month. This only included monthly recurring fees, this does not account for annual and unpredictable or random costs like problems (chargebacks, broken elements, forums renewal costs and much much more). Building anything has a cost to it.

We looked at other options for TE, like pivoting towards mini games. However, TE has stayed true for seven years. We don't spam the chat with advertisements, put ads on the forums or sites, and we have always done two things. Protect our network keeping it a true TE Factions network. The other thing? Giving premium Minecraft servers the finger.

I can't express how much I have loved working on TE. The people here, the friends I've made. It’s really something that is hard to describe. I'm not one for making essay posts and I'm not much of social person but for seven years, TE has been my family. To the Staff of TE: every assistant, mod, dev, and admin has personally earned my respect and trust. We don't do public recruitment and as you all know, you must be asked to join. Please know, I'm honored you were a part of TE. You guys made TE what it is; I could not have done it without you. I don't want to give individual shoutouts because there are far too many. You know exactly who you are, you're my friends. To the TE community: you are a wacky, wide range of people I call my friends. I’m happy you came along for this wild ride. I had a lot of fun trolling and messing with you. I know some of you are still here from V2 or even before that. When you think about that, it’s pretty awesome.

Over the next few days, TE’s nodes will start to come down and be retired. This means that the server will go offline. Quite some time after that, the forums and site will follow. TS and Discord will stay up for now. Now, don’t worry, most of TeamExtreme’s worlds will be available to download. You can do what you like with them without restrictions. I would consider them publicly owned :-) *Link coming soon*

It's been a pleasure and I thank you all for joining me in this journey. I always have new ideas and projects planned. I'm sure one day a lot of us will meet again.

-raidmax21
Bitches Be Crazy
2011-2018

Edit: Map download page - it will probably be slow the first day.

• 2PieceCombo, GrymsinMiew, Koenraad72 and 159 others like this

DlBMn6g.png

Tiffaa

Tiffaa

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 145 posts

My only regret is that I have discovered this amazing server only 2 years ago. Thanks for this server Raidmax, thanks for all the fun and memories you gave to us, thanks to all the staff who did a great work as volunteers, and finally : I do hope that V4 will come, whatever the time it will need... Count me in to help.

• drthrax07, Ralfey, ibu2awesome and 18 others like this

lqwcehB.gif

=[ B1StrawHats || B2Baguette || B3WhoCares || B4Skypiea && Legendary ]=

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 931 posts
Never thought this day would come. Not this early at least. Welp. Thanks for everything. You've no idea how much this server changed my life. But, well, it is as it is.

EDIT: am I allowed to post here? My apologies if not >.>

Edited by BlueTanto, 05 November 2018 - 09:39 AM.

• Samarkand1 likes this

VVT-I

VVT-I

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 669 posts

Very sad news. But atleast i was able to be a part of this server for some time. Thanks for making this server possible! Without it we couldnt make great friends and play together. Because this server is not like the "Other" servers. Its very different. Again thanks for all the fun!

• Pixcl, Samarkand1, Zahra8109 and 2 others like this

x3LxNhW.jpg

Author: Imagine

MihaiHeaven12#

MihaiHeaven12#

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 128 posts

I disagree with closing TE! That should stay open and alive!

• martinrockstrom, marioh, Iamhere and 3 others like this

Mihai 

Lexply_

Lexply_

Diamond Muncher

• Server Donator
  • 819 posts
How about you pay to keep the server alive lol.. you think it's free and easy?

Anyway I enjoyed playing here and it seriously changed me alot. I met alot of nice people and made alot of friends and learned alot of things. Hope the discord server stays because it's the only way we can still meet new peeps and chat with some.. don't delete it please.

Edited by Lexply_, 05 November 2018 - 09:50 AM.

• Samarkand1 and LukeTD like this
Discord: Lexply#8711
YouTube: YouTube.com/DotDerp

_Felix05

_Felix05

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 539 posts
Aww man i always played TE for PvP and stuff and fun.I had so much fun but rip

Rattib

Rattib

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 152 posts

please raid noooooooo

hxTsGvG.gif

kevin_777

kevin_777

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 210 posts

never thought this day would come :(

love u all TEfamily...

• Samarkand1, Zahra8109 and ItsDeva like this

MihaiHeaven12#

MihaiHeaven12#

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 128 posts

Everyone who is having many money, give him to Raidmax21 and plans closing the server will be over!

Edited by MihaiHeaven12#, 05 November 2018 - 09:48 AM.

Mihai 

RiaanKenny

RiaanKenny

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 230 posts
Had alot of fun and made lots of friends. Its just sad this day has come. Take care all
  • C4t4ly5t, Samarkand1 and Vosrel like this
8SDocrX.png

[B1] HearthFire

Twilight_Ender

Twilight_Ender

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 611 posts

Ive been in this server for almost 4 years now, i cant hide the fact that i enjoyed every moment i spent here, with people i met and became my friends and even till this moment. it is really sad seeing it going down, i could see that coming when the numbers of players were decreasing everyday but i didnt expect that it would come that fast.. anyways i appreciate everyone Ive met here and thanks for everything, TE will be missed.

• Samarkand1 likes this

ZFwbBba.gif

cookiemonster113

cookiemonster113

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,212 posts
Well we had to see this coming eventually, minecraft itself is losing its players rapidly. Since the day I joined in V2 and knew nothing about factions or much about minecraft till today where i have learned so much about it and a lot of other things, i never logged off of TE not being satisfied with what happened or how it happened, every day was amazing. I know everyone says it and I’ll say it again, TE really stands out because it’s a community, and it didnt fall prey to personal desires like money. So I just want to say thank you. Thanks to all the staff, and the playervase and to you raid. I enjoyed my time on TE, and thats thanks to all you guys. Even after i lost my interest in mc i still used to come on because the community you’ve created is the best. And the connected chat keeps everyone together, you’ve made a server that I would say is better than all those other servers, premium included. I’m glad I could be a part of TE. So thanks for everything raid, thanks a million, i know sometimes (well, a lot of the time) your efforts go unnoticed, but know that youre responsible for the happiness and satisfaction of countless people all around the world, so thanks again for everything.

Lets all have some fun on TE while we still can everyone \o/
  • Samarkand1 and Meddle like this

xdkwJxz.png

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Atlantis]=

LordGeokal

LordGeokal

Slayed by Enderdragon

• Server Donator
  • 2,794 posts
It was a pleasurable experience playing with you guys. Godspeed, we may meet again another day.
  • Fe_Nite and Samarkand1 like this
Don't take my words seriously until I specifically say so UwU

Slateyo

Slateyo

Master of Doughnuts.

• Server Donator
  • 2,213 posts

Oh man, its been a long run. Sad to see this place go down. Good luck to everyone I've met here and I do not regret any minute I've spent on this server. Goodbye TE, I'll stay in touch on discord and TS.

Posted Image

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,740 posts

I am so tempted to revive the server once the world downloads are available.

I may not be a veteran player, but I have been with this server for a little over 2 years and I have seen many players come and go. My first few months started out pretty well with so many people to interact with (especially when the server was constantly full). I remember the day I met my first friends on TE with the only thing in common is that we were new and spoke English. The first few days were probably the most memorable since this is probably one of the few times I actually fully interacted with new players for a while. After creating a faction together in Build 3, everyone was off doing their own thing. This went on for a few weeks but eventually everyone left leaving me overclaimed (lol).

Edit: Just go here

Edited by Macho_Nacho, 06 November 2018 - 05:13 AM.

• sciencelover, YATA, OnAl3rt and 2 others like this

KQ6T2o8.gif

Signature made by: kushsmarty315

------> [NachoFarms] <------

Lunarescent

Lunarescent

from this day on I shall be called "Lunarescent the Great

• Server Donator
  • 194 posts
TE was home that I thought will always be there for me to go back. TE helped me meet some of the most amazing people I know. It is really upsetting to see this post but still "Thank you" .
  • aleksandrea likes this

1NdAGvB.png

Thank you SMELLY & KYZER for the awzome sig

Leader of [B4] Basilisk <---Click to join

JackyWack

JackyWack

Diamond Monger

• Banned
  • 529 posts

Noooo pls dont say this, this is a nightmare, i need to wake up, now, noooooo, dontt pls nooooooo
Oh noo, my heart, my friends, Te, noooooooooooo
Oh noooo, had a lot of fun, memories, it will be gone soon, cant believe im reading this, cant believe this day will come
Fare well

Posted Image
Made by Imagine

hsnmj571

hsnmj571

Noobie

• Server Donator
  • 4 posts

I feel so proud to be a part of this beautiful family. So sad , never expected this day to come , i love all my friends here , all the staff , raid . i cant explain this experience in words. it was like a roller coaster for me  , cant forget all my friends and the magnificent experience i had with them. I will always be ready for help , count me in raidmax.

LOVE YOU ALL 

Can never forget you <3

• tGrgaming, aleksandrea and jegorka like this

FudgeCakes

FudgeCakes

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 192 posts

fyi im bad with words, i had my share of fun while i was playing, kinda hard to accept its coming to an end its been a good run

• sciencelover likes this

i dont like ur sig, it make the page super wide for me! pls change
ok ok is not wide anymore, now is

SUPER WIDE

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users