Item Trade Machine

10 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

Imagine

Imagine

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 367 posts

After watching the Lotto Tutorial made by  desiassassin, I learned more about the redstone machine and I've decided to create a new kind of machine which may be used by staff and/or players. With n-stock being hot in sales these days, I've thought about making an Item trade machine. 

For example You, the machine owner, want to buy n-stocks in exchange for about 14 diamonds. Just create a shop chest with these text on 

Spoiler

and when another player sells their n-stock, the seller will be given 14 diamonds from the dropper.

Demonstration Video:

How do you make this machine and how does the contraption work?
Watch this video first then the explanation will follow.

The base contraption is the lotto machine. 
Spoiler

wouldn't bother explaining this anymore since it's already explained in desi's post. Only thing that's change is that the end of the piston has a slime block and redstone block (also replaced the block next to the chest on the left with obsidian)

I attached a repeater(which will send a redstone signal to the second sticky piston) to where the slime block's initial position is because when the "lotto machine" is activated, it makes the first piston do a quick pull and push which can give off a pulse quick enough to the repeater  to move the second redstone block without retracting it as shown in the video below.
Spoiler

Next is connecting the moved redstone block to a simple redstone clock. Simple enough.
Spoiler

Now the next step is creating a way to retrieve the redstone block back in place in order to stop a clock so I made a delayed pulse to follow up a trigger to the second sticky piston to retract the redstone block. The duration of the delayed pulse depends on how many items should be dropped by the hopper.

Spoiler

N= max ticked repeaters
N+1 = items dropped by the dropper

In this specific design that I showed, it has 13 max ticked repeaters in the pulse delayer, therefore the dropper will drop 14 items. 

Item drops may be decreased or increased depending on how you want it. Reply down on how many items you want the machine to drop and I may send attach a screenshot of a design in this post.

Last step is just connecting the redstone clock to the dropper. (I made the dropper at that height because I experienced the machine breaking when spammed so you might need to do a lot of testings when you change something from the design that I use)

In what ways will the machine be useful?
-Item trades will now be possible(like 1 diamond in exchange of 7 iron ingots)
-staff and player currencies can now be exchanged with items without manual player trades
-multi drop lottos can be made using this machine

Note* This machine cannot be broken in this design. Dropper gives off less items when shop sign is spammed.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask below. Feedback will be appreciated because this is my first tutorial :P

• ashinshugar, THEBlueBRAD360, s0s0 and 9 others like this

giphy.gif

Tenko

Tenko

:(

• Server Donator
  • 2,664 posts

Really good.. now i can trade when offline 

Thanks for the good tutorial :) 

+1

05_CBZcd_1.gif

Mantee

Mantee

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 674 posts

The format of this tutorial is beautiful

+1

arnkMv6.png

s0s0

s0s0

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 629 posts

Imagine if I was as amazing as  you are 

Great tutorial!

I have no experience when it comes to Redstone, but I can see you worked hard.

SAaz3CD.jpg

Made by Imagine

Imagine

Imagine

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 367 posts

I'm happy about the positive feedback guys :) Glad to help

Imagine if I was as amazing as  you are 

Great tutorial!

I have no experience when it comes to Redstone, but I can see you worked hard.

No, u r moar amazing

• 32294, s0s0 and aleksandrea like this

giphy.gif

JackyWack

JackyWack

Diamond Monger

• Banned
  • 529 posts

+1

Spoiler

Posted Image
Made by Imagine

TheFLaMingDraGon

TheFLaMingDraGon

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 608 posts
Nice tutorial!

ebjDmmg.gifCharizard Goes Insane

DenisRo

DenisRo

send me ma selfie dammit!!

• Server Donator
  • 521 posts

Nice tutorial . I need to try it

Josh_2597

Josh_2597

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 449 posts

lemme copy it and make some changes. lol

ev0F1vq.png
==Thanks to sir kyrozan for d wunderful sig :D==

IGN: Josh_2597

Alt: Josh2597

Build4-[BaconEmpire]

Imagine

Imagine

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 367 posts
I'm going to update this next week. I will try and show my prototypes of the machine wherein when spammed, it may leave the redstone clock running forever. So be careful when making changes.

Additionaly~ I'm going to take more tests with the machine in my single player world as well as in the server to check if there is a possibility that it may break. So far it's looking good.

Edited by Imagine, 06 August 2018 - 05:36 PM.

• s0s0 likes this

giphy.gif

no2143

no2143

Pumpkin Farmer

• Server Donator
  • 116 posts

for the player who play minecraft realm with their friend ,

this is a great idea

+1

B4qVv1c.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic