In-game Name: DarkStar1988
Date Last Active: July 8, 2018
Today's Date: July 9, 2018
Ban Message: Autofishing B2 by InspectorGadget
I attempted to log in a bit ago and got this message. I play Minecraft regularly on two different computers, one of which is a shared laptop that recently had to be rebuilt from scratch. Due to the rebuilding I used the same password on my Minecraft account as I did elsewhere. I am aware that I am at fault for using a weak/easily guessable password.
Server logs will undoubtedly show the ban sometime from 8 AM to 6 PM as I work then, my roommate works a different shift and sometimes uses the laptop. In direct violation of a previous agreement to never use another person's accounts or get an IP ban anywhere (as this screws us both), he decided to log in to my TE account and use an external macro program called MouseRecorder to auto-fish because "it's not modding the client" -.- [EDIT: he admitted to using this to auto-fish on other servers where admins only check for installed client mods or don't give a crap.]
Action taken to prevent recurrence:
- Password changed on Minecraft account.
- A separate Windows user account for myself created, also with a strong password.
- User privileges limited to prevent installation of programs like MouseRecorder on BOTH computers.
Also in my defense:
- I received VIP status FREE in a giveaway/contest and would never willingly jeopardize losing this very generous gift.
- I have never been banned for any previous action.
- I would like to offer a small donation specifically as a self-imposed "idiot tax" for being careless with my TE Minecraft account.
Edited by DarkStar1988, 09 July 2018 - 09:52 PM.