• Server Donator
  • 691 posts

Date: 4/22/18

Approximate time: 1:56 PM

Timezone: EST

Server(s): B3

In-Game Name: UrbanNinja_

Minecraft version: 1.10.2 - optifine.

Describe the issue: Mending is apparently impossible to catch from fishing; I have just over the past 3-4 days been fishing a lot, and I have caught 41 enchanted books, none of which have had mending. Furthermore, I estimate I have caught over 75-80 enchanted books since my last mending book around December, none of which also have had mending. Now it is a possibility that I am just EXTREMELY unlucky, but I believe this is not the case as I have never had this trouble before. According to many other player experiences, the chance of mending is 1/25 or more, but I have so far around a 0/80 chance. I don't know what may have caused this to happen (again, maybe it is bad luck and DON'T HATE ME FOR IT IF IT IS) but I think it might be a problem with the Eva fishing plugin. If an admin could take a look at the loot tables for Eva and see if there's a problem with mending in B3 or on my account, that'd be nice.

to reproduce the issue: Fish at /warp MendingBooks for 15+ hours and check out all them non-mending books...

• VVT-I likes this
Posted Image

Pixel_Love

Pixel_Love

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,420 posts
called being unlucky.

I doubt staff would manually change the Default loottable
Kcmi42r.gif

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ The Greatest Of All Time ]=

Discord: Pixel Love#6666

VVT-I

VVT-I

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 582 posts

i support UrbanNinja_ . 

Edited by VVT-I, 22 April 2018 - 07:59 PM.

WiwIhAd.png?1

IGN:VVTI ALT:VVTIPLUS

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 905 posts

it is plugin! anything could be possible! supporting UrbanNinja_

How in the world is that a plug-in...?

VVT-I

VVT-I

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 582 posts

How in the world is that a plug-in...?

i mean /fish menu. it is a fishing system.

WiwIhAd.png?1

IGN:VVTI ALT:VVTIPLUS

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 905 posts

i mean /fish menu. it is a fishing system.

But the "chance" to get mending isn't...

HotLava02

HotLava02

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 611 posts

But the "chance" to get mending isn't...

Well it could be edited though, even though mending and other treasure might not have been touched, fish clearly got new names and new chances even though their ID is the same. TE does have an unique fishing system, but I also believe that having no luck on getting mending is totally random. People with 80 levels say they never caught mending. I know levels don't give it more chance but yes, it means they fished A LOT. But no, even though I have no idea if the plugin is changing luck rate for catching mending, I'm sure this doesn't happen and is just pure luck.

Just added this to say that I'm pretty sure the plugin changes some rate on catching materials, but not mending directly or other treasure. Also, don't think lure influentiates treasure either.

zSH44Fr.gif

Special thanks to Alphonso for the amazing sig!

UrbanNinja_

UrbanNinja_

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 691 posts

As the action of reeling in on a bite does not generate the item in the air and have the bobber pull it into your inventory, the staff would have made a plugin that makes the game not generate an item in the air and instead /gives an item directly into your inventory (most likely to combat people standing in front of you while you are fishing to get your loot). Thus, it would be entirely possible for staff to make some items more common/less common as with the different levels of fish (shark = 0% chance until level 100, etc.). I'm simply theorizing that perhaps somebody accidentally messed with the mending possibilities in the staff-created loot table. Again, I'm hoping that it's just bad luck, but I can't be too careful. I don't wanna fish 5 hours a day on TE for 7 years and never catch mending because of an accident.

Posted Image

Sin3point14

Sin3point14

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 637 posts

I can understand your feelings but I dont think it is a bug at all as it is just being unlucky

IBLG93f.png

Thanks to Athu7890 for making this sign :)  :D  :P

Ghoof

Ghoof

Mr. Pissed Off Forum Whore Who Gives Zero Fucks What Others Thin

• 17,291 posts

How about you all stop posting in here, and wait for some kind of official resolution on this matter....

Just please refrain from posting your unlucky, its the plugin, etc.....

Thank you!

• UrbanNinja_, TruckerKid, DenisRo and 1 other like this

g1YoZET.gif

Twinkle twinkle little snitch mind your own business you nosy bitch!
Keep your nose out of my shit, and I'll try to keep my foot out of your ass!

UrbanNinja_

UrbanNinja_

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 691 posts

#BumpForAwareness

Caught an additional 20-30 books or so since making this report, still no mending. Also, I have caught as many frost walker books as mending books (0) in a while; before I started fishing again these past months it was a lot higher (I have 35 in a chest beneath my tower in B1 from fishing). I don't know if this is also bugged or something as I haven't caught any of those as well. Note: both mending and frost walker have the same loot weight of 2, so they should be equally rare.

Again, if this is just unlucky then I will accept that; but yeah it seems *fishy* to me :P

Posted Image

UrbanNinja_

UrbanNinja_

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 691 posts

nvm finally caught it today, this can be closed

renz17 caught 3

rick543 caught 2

I've caught 1 so far

let's do this xD

Posted Image

Venomencer

Venomencer

Hahaha too young to Die...

• Server Donator
  • 793 posts

I caught 38-40 lost count took me really long time though I just got the hang of it. It has nothing to do with Fish plugin (imo) as it only tells u what you caught and Some additional fishes and level up. Instead of normal ones. But idk.

giphy.gif
[B1] TheForbiddenCity | [B2] DweresHollow | [B3] NightBeacon | [B4] DrVenomsLab
-=[i!i] NOTHING TOUCHES THE HEART LIKE MY VENOM : [i!i]=-

JohnnyColorado

JohnnyColorado

Pumpkin Farmer

• Server Donator
  • 97 posts

Only posting to say that mending is indeed fishable.  I got a mending book in my first week on TE when fishing.  I didn't understand how rare it was to catch one so I used it on a pickaxe.  I haven't caught a mending book since and Ive been here a year, but I also dont fish daily. 

Better way to get mending is level up past 30 and mass make tier 3 - level 30 ebooks.  There's always a chance to get extra enchants on the book and I've gotten more mending that way then by fishing...  Good luck and I hope you all get what you're looking for :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users