Good day to all HearthFire Officers, Members and Recruits.
I have announcements with regard to two new rules that have recently been decided on by management.
1. Keeping of animals by faction members:
Because of TE's rule on the maximum limit of 16 of each animal per faction, we need to have strict control over animals kept by our members.
If you wish to keep any animals, you need to get authorization from an officer first, and you need to notify us which animals you want to keep, and how many.
- Any animals (Horses, Pets, Polar Bears or Mooshrooms) found on faction grounds will be announced here, on discord, and in game (on a sign at /f home).
- The owner of the animal(s) has 48 hours to respond by messaging an officer in game or on discord, or replying to the relevant post here.
- We accept no responsibility if the owner of said animal makes contact with us after the 48 hour period has passed, but we may, at our discretion, decide to replace the animal if it does occur.
- Farm animals are excluded from the above procedure, and will be killed immediately. We also reserve the right to kill farm animals belonging to a member without notification if we are over the legal limit.
2. Trolling and Pranking of members:
We here at HearthFire all have a good sense of humour, and we like to play pranks on each other. However, the following rules have been decided on to avoid things going too far and/or people being reported for griefing.
- If you want to prank a member by altering their build in any way, keep it respectful. If you're unsure if it would be going too far, rather don't do it.
- If you prank someone, you must be prepared to receive a prank in return.
- If you remove any blocks to alter someone's build you MUST leave the blocks in a chest on their property, and be prepared to help the person repair the build if necessary.
- Creative members altering builds belonging to non-creative members must do so in survival mode.
- Any blocks added to a build in order to alter it for a prank, belong to the victim after the prank, because it's on their property.
- Dangerous alterations must be accompanied by warning signs. Death Traps will not be allowed, as that would be taking it too far.
- If anybody feels that someone else has taken a prank too far, they should speak to an Officer about it, and if we can't resolve it, the matter will be reported to staff as a last resort.
- If someone says that they do not wish to be pranked, and they haven't pranked anybody else, their builds are strictly off limits. An exception to this rule is if someone calls truce after pranking someone else. You may only call truce directly after getting pranked. We will respect the right of anybody to not have their build pranked.
Please keep in mind that altering anybody's build in any way constitutes griefing and can be reported to Staff. Some people are more sensitive than others, and can take things more seriously. Before pranking a build, it's important to ask yourself "would I laugh if this was done to me?", and as a rule of thumb, don't prank anybody who hasn't yet pranked anybody else. And if you do, start off small. We try to keep a good balance with altering each other 's builds in a way that helps us bond as a faction, rather than driving us apart. Keep it in good spirits.
If anybody has any comments or questions regarding this post, I would appreciate your input.
And remember: Teamwork makes the Dream Work!