Think Tank

162 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 666 posts

I have a question: what define a human being? As you can remove someone's limbs, some other organ parts etc, but they still human.

Then keep removing things from a human, if advanced enough, theoretically we can left only the brain and still human.

So human= human brain?

Keep removing stuff and we gonna go to the realm of metaphysics....

So what makes a human, human?

By removing organs will make us NOT Homo sapiens (this is our taxonomical name of today's Human) but we shall become something else,

but if you consider Human word related to "humanity" then its self-explanatory

but again if you consider the "Brian" then most living creatures do have brains such as those Mammals, Birds, Fish, Reptiles, Amphibians, Arthropods and even insects.

But again if you consider our organs then we humans are Mammalians, as we have 4 limbs, 2 eyes, spinal cord, mouth to feed, lungs to breath some Mammalians also have tail too, but these feature are same as reptilians too, but we mammalians give direct birth to baby instead of laying eggs and we produce our own heat.

other animals with a brain do feel Love, care for other, sadness, do Problem-solving decisions and other emotions, but in particular, we Homo sapiens evolved and developed the brain that makes us learn, have consciousness, most importantly we can THINK Open-minded

Note: DOG having a similar feature too, but less conscious and thinking close-minded, BUT they are evolving too, in few 500 to 1000 years they may become like us unless mad scientist do this first early :/

Slateyo

Slateyo

Master of Doughnuts.

• Server Donator
  • 2,213 posts

o.O

Posted Image

EmperorJin

EmperorJin

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 315 posts

Well a human beings definition is: A human being. Doesn't really define it i know, but Humans are considered higher then animals because of their high intelligence and ability to transform the world in a large scale. Though some may say that Humans are  lifted from the class of animals because of the ability to feel, many animals actually do feel emotions. There was a bird, who's mate died. And for three days, the bird paced in endless circles around the carcass of it's mate until it finally flew away. And the dog who's owner died in a hospital and his dog still sits outside the hospital, eternally waiting for his owner to come back, and the lamb who's mother was about to be butchered, he hid the knife under his body when the butcher had to leave his knife to attend to other things. Almost every species of animals possess a brain, so having a brain doesn't mean we are human. So, what makes a human a human? Well it is simply an extremely complicated answer. Perhaps we were created by an alien race? Perhaps the gods created us? Perhaps we indeed evolved from primates? We have the ability to change the entire planet.

qFAU3k.jpg

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts

By removing organs will make us NOT Homo sapiens (this is our taxonomical name of today's Human) but we shall become something else,

but again if you consider the "Brian" then most living creatures do have brains such as those Mammals, Birds, Fish, Reptiles, Amphibians, Arthropods and even insects.

But again if you consider our organs then we humans are Mammalians, as we have 4 limbs, 2 eyes, spinal cord, mouth to feed, lungs to breath some Mammalians also have tail too, but these feature are same as reptilians too, but we mammalians give direct birth to baby instead of laying eggs and we produce our own heat.

other animals with a brain do feel Love, care for other, sadness, do Problem-solving decisions and other emotions, but in particular, we Homo sapiens evolved and developed the brain that makes us learn, have consciousness, most importantly we can THINK Open-minded

Note: DOG having a similar feature too, but less conscious and thinking close-minded, BUT they are evolving too, in few 500 to 1000 years they may become like us unless mad scientist do this first early :/

And thats is another interesting topic I think. Suppose this scenario: human lived millions and millions of years, sufficient enough until another sentient being come into existence. Suppose this newly evolving creature is a dog. What happen to the dogs we keep as pet? Is it ethical to make sentient beings pet?

TL;DR version if a dog evolve until it becomes sentient being, can we still keep them as pet?

Edited by Godfather292, 14 March 2018 - 04:03 AM.

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

=[Leader of the United Kingdom of Avalon]=

Jeanne_dArc

Jeanne_dArc

Pumpkin Farmer

• Members
  • 102 posts
Depends on definition of "pet". You can say parent raising children is like owning a sentient "pet"

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts
Well lets define having a pet as taking care of it, putting it in some confinement, train it, etc, just like your usual dog/cat pet.

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

KINGDOY

KINGDOY

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,231 posts
I think I grew a brain cell and gained a chromosome...yes...I feel it jiggling! I have 2x the brain power I had before! Hahaha

Also, I think a pet is anything that you care for. Children aren't usually called pets, but there is room for debate.

I am a teh dabbing pufferfish dabbing derp donkey.
FEbXTWS.png
THANKS TO LunaSei, DarkGhost, GrinderMiner and HitmanCookie FOR THIS amazing sig!! (They all once made me a sig :P) :) :) :)

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 666 posts

Also, I think a pet is anything that you care for. Children aren't usually called pets, but there is room for debate.

nothing but me keep laughing. (hmm someday I'll marry with Princess then... we shall have some... "PETS" Aahhahaha) 

And thats is another interesting topic I think. Suppose this scenario: human lived millions and millions of years, sufficient enough until another sentient being come into existence. Suppose this newly evolving creature is a dog. What happen to the dogs we keep as pet? Is it ethical to make sentient beings pet?

TL;DR version if a dog evolve until it becomes sentient being, can we still keep them as pet?

still thinking

Bluekronos

Bluekronos

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 734 posts

Anubis confirmed....

Spoiler

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Aquamarine B3 ]=

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts
Then cockroaches evolves....XD

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

Bluekronos

Bluekronos

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 734 posts

Then cockroaches evolves....XD

No, it is time for birds to reign.

=[ Aquamarine B3 ]=

EmperorJin

EmperorJin

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 315 posts

Well, we are destined to blow ourselves up anytime in the near future anyway.

qFAU3k.jpg

Bluekronos

Bluekronos

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 734 posts

Well, we are destined to blow ourselves up anytime in the near future anyway.

I think there are humans will survive but there are chances that they will go extinct due to polution and radition or evolve / mutate to survive.

=[ Aquamarine B3 ]=

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts
I think we would colonize others planet before earth's ultimate destruction... And I don't really think polution and other environmental problems would wipe us in near future.

Yes we are still poluting the earth, but with more eco campaigns and how eco products is selling better now, the fight is far fron over.

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

Bluekronos

Bluekronos

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 734 posts

I think we would colonize others planet before earth's ultimate destruction... And I don't really think polution and other environmental problems would wipe us in near future.

Yes we are still poluting the earth, but with more eco campaigns and how eco products is selling better now, the fight is far fron over.

Radioactive Pollution not normal pollution.

Only we could colonise is Mars and 1 moon of Saturn (forgot the name). If Planetary Colonization will cause another conflict on powers except we will divide the human territories properly but even you divide it properly, there might be a leader of one of powers will try conquer lands of neighbors.

=[ Aquamarine B3 ]=

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 666 posts

actually, dogs are already sentient, as they can feel, socialize, emotions, and thinking, just difference is, they don't have hands with sensitive fingers and speakable mouth. I wonder if dog too walk on legs and hands for build something and mouth for teaching something to other dogs, they might become far more then competitors for us, 

since humans can share information across the globe, we become more and more intelligent, whereas dogs just connected to their owner or in context to the street dogs, they just can socialize in that particular area of that street only, so yeah, this is self-explanatory, Dogs can never become intelligent like us.

There is no evolution will happen soon because nuclear bombs will massacre every single creature except cockroaches.

Radioactive Pollution not normal pollution.

Only we could colonise is Mars and 1 moon of Saturn (forgot the name). If Planetary Colonization will cause another conflict on powers except we will divide the human territories properly but even you divide it properly, there might be a leader of one of powers will try conquer lands of neighbors.

might be the possible nuclear bomb, wipe the entire earth humans, but very unlikely, because this is a suicidal move and fortunately these weapons are not in the hands of any mad bloody Hitler, as these weapons are in control by the military which are in control by the government which is in control by the public, so if public die, government make no sense and dissolved, and military deformed without supplies.

but if we consider pollution as a threat then surviving on Earth itself is easier with only survivor will survive rule (as this will be not the first time to happen pollution problems on the earth), like if some human adapt to survive in the low oxygen environment or if a bunker with full of evergreen forests and few billionaires and great scientist only were to allow and with all types of life preserved, and let out human die and wait for the earth to regain its environment habitable for human again.

but if we consider nuclear waste pollution as a threat, this is least concerned, as most of these go buried under mountains, but very soon, these nuclear waste gonna be useful as they have a lot of potential energy that we can extract from, just we don't have that technology yet, but just theory.

colonizing on a different planet is first of all very costly, second very risky, third not easy, still, Space agencies trying to make lower these difficulties, as the first problem is food, water oxygen, some can argue we already solved that problem, but then the second problem is the shelter, as without atmospheric pressure we were most likely to live inside balloons that just need a needle to pop and also gravity problem, as our body designed for earth graviation, without gravity (or low) we shall end up with soft bones, also there is a problem of solar radiation and cosmic radiation which our earth's magnatic field protecting us from those which are not avaible on mars and moons, speaking of moons and magnatic fields, jupiter, and sattern both dose have powerful magnatic fields and moons, but leaving inside magnatic fields is different than leaving below magantic field, as this magantic field itself make heavy radiation belts around planets, so all those moons were exposed to ratiation of those planets.

conclusion, currently if something bad happens within these 200 years, we have the best option to survive on earth, but earth won't be dying for more coming billion years so yeah, maybe the human might extinct, but earth's life shall not, maybe better survival species might evolve, but keep in mind, everything that gets "On" will surely get "Off", our universe is started with a big bang and its keeps on expanding and getting colder too someday the last star shall lit off after all hydrogen and helium and other star fuel gets depleats and only will remain Darkness...

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts
Well true.... But its kinda running from the question itself. XD

My point is if dogs can talk, think, feel like human, are we still allowed to keep one as pet? Human have rights, do these dogs have similar rights too? As they have been our pet for millions and millions of years by then.

About nuclear, I dont think any sane goverment would launch any.... Terrorist in other hand.... Idk. But contrary to popular belief, launching a nuclear weapon covertly is not that simple. There is no single button you can "accidently push" to launch nuclear weapon like in the simpsons. Usually there are several safety mechanism, activated by several people simultaneously, with codes split into several department for safety. So I dont think any govermrnt would launch them anytime soon.... Well.... Except some lunatic country like North Korea lol

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

Bluekronos

Bluekronos

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 734 posts
There is no human-like rights until dogs will be enlighten and broaden their minds. It will only happen if their close minds will be open.

=[ Aquamarine B3 ]=

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts
Lets assume for question sake they do reach that enlightment and have broaden their mind. Do we still able to keep them as pet? Or they are free to live on their own?

Do we retain right of ownership over them or do they have freedom to choose?

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

Jeanne_dArc

Jeanne_dArc

Pumpkin Farmer

• Members
  • 102 posts

By removing organs will make us NOT Homo sapiens (this is our taxonomical name of today's Human) but we shall become something else,

I disagree, so by that logic people who didnt have some organs or limbs is not considered human? Some philosophers even said: We think, therefore we are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users