Photo

[New] Mob Spawning Limiter (Better Server Performance)

38 replies to this topic

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,738 posts

So it means... when a zombie pigmen come out from a nether portal.... only 10 pigmen can spawn... no more? and 5 portals make them 50 , only 50 z.pigmen can be spawn? Is it like that?

Correct. This means that the maximum amount of pigmen that could spawn in a farm is 80 since the maximum amount of portals each farm could have is 8 (8 x 10 = 80).
  • JesseIdIor likes this

KQ6T2o8.gif

Signature made by: kushsmarty315

------> [NachoFarms] <------

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 667 posts

Correct. This means that the maximum amount of pigmen that could spawn in a farm is 80 since the maximum amount of portals each farm could have is 8 (8 x 10 = 80).

• Mobs spawning from spawner crates: 20 mobs per crate
  • Mobs spawning from nether portals: 10 mobs per portal
So to put this into perspective for you all, if you are standing in the middle of a quad farm that has 8 nether portals you can spawn a maximum of 160 mobs until you need to start killing them. This means, when you reach that max number, no more mobs will spawn!

10 is rate of spawning and 160 is max limit

Haxxxxx

Haxxxxx

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 2,135 posts

lol i know about plugin update thing, thats why i am not asking for it but saying "if someday", actually i meant if this possible on current server version by plugin?

this reply is quite a bit late.. but entity cramming will change the rule about auto farming.. it states that you cannot autokill darkroom mobs. if entity cramming is enabled, you would have a natural way of autokilling mobs and potentialy cause problems in our current economy.
  • SauronDark likes this

7X9lZTC.png

Thanks to nastyblood1 for the awesome sig

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 667 posts

this reply is quite a bit late.. but entity cramming will change the rule about auto farming.. it states that you cannot autokill darkroom mobs. if entity cramming is enabled, you would have a natural way of autokilling mobs and potentialy cause problems in our current economy.

Definitely true, now realized that, so basically we shall see this disabled even after server updated to 1.11+, anyway Ty :]

Kaidun

Kaidun

Ninja

• Administrator
  • 1,179 posts

I am not doing it for myself i am doing it for everyone
How can i be benefited if this plugin is made?
See all the players have equal rights and should get equal ban ways if they are banned due to lag
I understand it because i have passed through ban and i understand how others feel
You will understand when you will wait loooong for your ban just due to lag
THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

Stop posting here.

• Baddlesticks and Macho_Nacho like this

gQO5OFl.jpg

YouTube     Twitch

Wolf1_0

Wolf1_0

i wodner how to get them?just wonder

• Server Donator
  • 273 posts

That'll also reduce lag from server ( no more lag ) or maybe that TPS is means what did i said ;-; btw nice plugin fride =)

SCvcByx.png

[ Wolf1_0 , Vip1- FearMySkillZz , Unranked]

[B1:TheMojangTeam | B2:Theogony | B3: NONE | B4:SweedMiners]

_Felix05

_Felix05

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 539 posts
Not working in Raidlands.:P

0_0NoOB

0_0NoOB

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 36 posts

Hi Guys

if too many mobs are causing lag than how come auto kill farms are not allowed doesn't that stop half the amount mobs u originnaly had into just plain item drops i mean shops are on the rise so resources can become a great concern?

Slateyo

Slateyo

Master of Doughnuts.

• Server Donator
  • 2,213 posts

Hi Guys

if too many mobs are causing lag than how come auto kill farms are not allowed doesn't that stop half the amount mobs u originnaly had into just plain item drops i mean shops are on the rise so resources can become a great concern?

Auto kill farms will spawn mobs all the time when you're around. it somewhat causes trouble to the server's tick rate too.

Posted Image

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,738 posts

Hi Guys

Let's say auto farms are allowed. If a player afk's near an auto farm, the drops would keep flowing in to chests [through hoppers] that is assuming there is a hopper below. If the player continues to afk, the items would start to accumulate until the chests and the hoppers are full. Once that happens, items will no longer be picked up by the hopper and will stay on the ground until it naturally despawns in 5 minutes. And if you didn't know, tile drops are considered entities just like mobs and can cause lag and a drop in server tps.

I promise I won't afk

Everyone says that but there is always that special apple that is either unaware or decides to ignore the fact that afk'ing isn't allowed.

Then just make afk'ing allowed

You are forgetting the fact that the server has a player limit of 500 players (at the time of this post). If the server is full, other players cannot join the server because there are people afk'ing; unless the player trying to join is vip of course.

The server doesn't even reach 500 players anyways so why does it matter?

Every little thing counts. I don't want to go into too much detail about this but even if afk'ing and auto farms were allowed everyone would be doing it and not only it will cripple the economy, it will all accumulate and severely lower the server tps

• albino likes this

KQ6T2o8.gif

0_0NoOB

0_0NoOB

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 36 posts

Hi Guys

Am not trying to argue with you, I agree with You about Your points

but as you say items may also cause lagg but come to think of it the way items despawn at 5 minute timer regardless of AFKing, if you AFK than mobs in the area may never despawn causing them to build up and in that case causes lag.

But in terms of mob drops if (somehow) players never check the chest to see if its full than the items do start pilling up and yes that creates lag.

But as u say items have a timer in which they despawn and mobs dont so in either case they are going to pile up but item drops disappear regardless of what you do, when mobs can stick around until the end of time.

Edited by 0_0NoOB, 16 April 2018 - 06:42 AM.

Sin3point14

Sin3point14

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 637 posts

Hi Guys

Am not trying argue with u and i agree with u about ur points but as u say yes items may also cause lagg but come to think of it the way items despawn at 5 min timer regardless of AFKing because if you AFK mobs in the area may never despawn causing them to build up and in that case causes lag but in terms of mob drops if (somehow) players never check the chest to see if its full than the items do start pilling up and yes that creates lag but as u say items have a timer in which they despawn and mobs dont so in either case they are going to pile up but items drops disappear regardless what u do when mobs can stick around until the end of time.

We have punctuation like full stops, and commas to make sentences clear. I cant make even a single shit out of that post except that Items disappear and mobs dont.

IBLG93f.png

Thanks to Athu7890 for making this sign :)  :D  :P

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,738 posts

Hi Guys

Am not trying to argue with you, I agree with You about Your points

but as you say items may also cause lagg but come to think of it the way items despawn at 5 minute timer regardless of AFKing, if you AFK than mobs in the area may never despawn causing them to build up and in that case causes lag.

But in terms of mob drops if (somehow) players never check the chest to see if its full than the items do start pilling up and yes that creates lag.

But as u say items have a timer in which they despawn and mobs dont so in either case they are going to pile up but item drops disappear regardless of what you do, when mobs can stick around until the end of time.

*sigh* You are forgetting the actual main point of this thread. The main point of the mob cap is to reduce the amount of entities loaded on the server. Yes, items do despawn after 5 minutes but there is no cap on tile drops on the ground. With mobs constantly spawning and dying from fall damage while you are afk, there are going to be more tile entities on the ground than if you would’ve kept them alive to kill within 5 minutes.

To sum it up, overall there would be more entities loaded compared to if you would just afk with the mob cap.

Edited by Macho_Nacho, 16 April 2018 - 10:11 AM.

KQ6T2o8.gif

Doluxor

Doluxor

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,051 posts
The actual rule for auto kill is only for darkrooms
Which gives gunpowder and e-pearls which is not ok because it give much advantage with these items
Autokill for others(pigman,guardian,monster spawner)is ok

It is not about drops on ground

l9xpUr4.gif

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,738 posts

The actual rule for auto kill is only for darkrooms
Which gives gunpowder and e-pearls which is not ok because it give much advantage with these items
Autokill for others(pigman,guardian,monster spawner)is ok
It is not about drops on ground

yeah oops. Forgot that autokill is legal for spawners for a sec there. What I meant was that it’s better if players didn’t add autokill to their farms since it is bound for a player to afk at one point. At least with the mob cap, the outcome wouldn’t be as detestating.

KQ6T2o8.gif

C4t4ly5t

C4t4ly5t

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,199 posts

Question. Was the effective range of spawners decreased? I'm asking because I have a spawner that isn't active until i'm within 14 blocks away from it.

ob162Ya.png

HearthFire B1 =[ (MVP) c4t4ly5t r34v3r (VIP5) ]= Misfit B4

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpir]= Legendary Recruitment

ashinshugar

ashinshugar

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,718 posts

Question. Was the effective range of spawners decreased? I'm asking because I have a spawner that isn't active until i'm within 14 blocks away from it.

No its still the standard 16 ..... its the rate at which all my spawners are built for and by.

Hope this answers your question

UNO7fkm.gif

C4t4ly5t

C4t4ly5t

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,199 posts

I just don't get it, then. I've tested this spawner from all angles. And the max effective distance is 14. At 15 it stops. Guess I just have a defective spawner, then, if it's still 16 at other spawners. lol.

ob162Ya.png

HearthFire B1 =[ (MVP) c4t4ly5t r34v3r (VIP5) ]= Misfit B4

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpir]= Legendary Recruitment

0_0NoOB

0_0NoOB

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 36 posts

I don't know I think its just allittle effected by the spawn rate having to wait abit longer for mobs to spawn which would make you impatient at times,

I mean I would sit right at the glass of the skeleton spawner which is like 5 blocks away and sometimes between 0-3 would spawn every now and again I have checked for other dark tunnels but no luck 

anyway maybe its the case or I am missing something XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users