Spawning hundreds of mobs is not cool!! This is very bad for the server TPS and sometimes brings it down to almost half of what it should be.
This is what happens when you spawn hundreds of mobs:
I'm sure none of you want to play on a server with 13.72 TPS... After killing the mobs, this is what the TPS looked like in a matter of seconds:
A graphical view of the above images(the world i was in is the red line): Lower the line, lower the TPS
So, with all that being said, I am proud to announce that today we added a new plugin to limit the amount of mobs that spawn from mob spawner crates and nether portals. There has been a very big issue of players afking at their mob spawners and spawning hundreds of mobs. The current limits, which are subject to change, are as follows:
- Mobs spawning from spawner crates: 20 mobs per crate
- Mobs spawning from nether portals: 10 mobs per portal
So to put this into perspective for you all, if you are standing in the middle of a quad farm that has 8 nether portals you can spawn a maximum of 160 mobs until you need to start killing them. This means, when you reach that max number, no more mobs will spawn!
What effects will this have in the long run?:
- The worlds will be less laggy from spawning mobs
- You are less likely to get in trouble for going afk at a mob spawner. Be careful though large mob farms can still spawn lots of mobs
- Less work for staff: Instead of going around trying to find hundreds of mobs to butcher, they can help you instead I'm sure they are glad for that!
Note: Guardian farms and dark rooms are not regulated by this plugin!! You still need to be careful when using those types of farms.
tl;dr: Mob spawners and nether portals now have a spawning limit, guardian farms and dark rooms are not regulated by this. Do the server a favor, and stop afking at mob spawners.