Photo

[New] Mob Spawning Limiter (Better Server Performance)

38 replies to this topic

Fridge

Fridge

java.lang.NullPointerException

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Spawning hundreds of mobs is not cool!! This is very bad for the server TPS and sometimes brings it down to almost half of what it should be.

This is what happens when you spawn hundreds of mobs:

8c7ced49f9.png

I'm sure none of you want to play on a server with 13.72 TPS... After killing the mobs, this is what the TPS looked like in a matter of seconds:

e578f77d83.png

A graphical view of the above images(the world i was in is the red line): Lower the line, lower the TPS

ede7fb757f.png

So, with all that being said, I am proud to announce that today we added a new plugin to limit the amount of mobs that spawn from mob spawner crates and nether portals. There has been a very big issue of players afking at their mob spawners and spawning hundreds of mobs. The current limits, which are subject to change, are as follows:

• Mobs spawning from spawner crates: 20 mobs per crate
  • Mobs spawning from nether portals: 10 mobs per portal

So to put this into perspective for you all, if you are standing in the middle of a quad farm that has 8 nether portals you can spawn a maximum of 160 mobs until you need to start killing them. This means, when you reach that max number, no more mobs will spawn!

What effects will this have in the long run?:

• The worlds will be less laggy from spawning mobs
  • You are less likely to get in trouble for going afk at a mob spawner. Be careful though large mob farms can still spawn lots of mobs
  • Less work for staff: Instead of going around trying to find hundreds of mobs to butcher, they can help you instead :D I'm sure they are glad for that!

Note: Guardian farms and dark rooms are not regulated by this plugin!! You still need to be careful when using those types of farms.

tl;dr: Mob spawners and nether portals now have a spawning limit, guardian farms and dark rooms are not regulated by this. Do the server a favor, and stop afking at mob spawners.

• Astelon, LittleAngel, albino and 37 others like this

L1pOqe4.gif

desiassassin

desiassassin

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 829 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

Spawner crate = mob spawner?

Btw nice work fridge. 

good job

FK Signatures!!

Fridge

Fridge

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Spawner crate = mob spawner?

Btw nice work fridge. 

good job

Correct

• JohnnyColorado likes this

L1pOqe4.gif

Net_Hunterr

Net_Hunterr

This guy doo doo

• Server Donator
  • 2,047 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red
Cool

Nvm already in the post >.<

Edited by Net_Hunterr, 06 January 2018 - 07:02 AM.

Wolf1_0

Wolf1_0

i wodner how to get them?just wonder

• Server Donator
  • 268 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green
Wow.Well done, congractz fridge
Cool

SCvcByx.png

[ Wolf1_0 , Vip1- FearMySkillZz , Unranked]

[B1:TheMojangTeam | B2:Theogony | B3: NONE | B4:SweedMiners]

BarisO

BarisO

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 2,545 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue Like Diamonds !

Cool!

360Xbox

360Xbox

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red

Spawning hundreds of mobs is not cool!! This is very bad for the server TPS and sometimes brings it down to almost half of what it should be.

• Mobs spawning from nether portals: 10 mobs per portal

So it means... when a zombie pigmen come out from a nether portal.... only 10 pigmen can spawn... no more? and 5 portals make them 50 , only 50 z.pigmen can be spawn? Is it like that?

VJbGnl0.png

:redstone: JOIN RADIOACTIVE NOW!!!  :redstone: 

-=[Thanks SuKookNamJin for the awesome sig XD]=-

Doluxor

Doluxor

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 945 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blood
Thats really great
This will help build worlds a lot
Really thankfull for this <3

But is it possible to controle guardians someday ?
Like some Gfarms have no switch
This make it spawn a lot in 1 place
This effect tps and prevent other Gfarms which trying to spawn because of huge number have sapwned in the world
They don't spawn

Anyway thank you for this great thing

#LongLifeTE

y51dFVq.png
               Many thanks for Jeeva for great sign <3
                    Request Dyes from my dyes Factory

Slateyo

Slateyo

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,866 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

Does Kyzer's mobcounter mod work for 1.12.2? Because obviously no one can count the mobs when the all fall in one block area

ezgif.com-resize_2.gif

siewhei

siewhei

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 502 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

Good plugin =)

jasonp1898

jasonp1898

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 417 posts

"stop afking at mob spawners." are you serious? It has been like this for a long time, why change it now? 20 per mob spawner and 10 per pigman portal is too low. There are even a lot less players playing than last year. I do understand limiting the mob spawns but I don't see a good reason having mob spawns this low. Afking is big part of minecraft, I really do not like this change. 

• mazen_selim22 and DemonicBlow like this

albino

albino

Enderdragon Slayer

• 1,776 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Orange

Does Kyzer's mobcounter mod work for 1.12.2?

No. Mods are version specific and the latest version of that is 1.10.2

Yak Sig

Click      to enlarge ;)
[Untouchables Recruiting!] & [Untouchables Faction Chat!]

JerenSoon

JerenSoon

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 469 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

"stop afking at mob spawners." are you serious? It has been like this for a long time, why change it now? 20 per mob spawner and 10 per pigman portal is too low. There are even a lot less players playing than last year. I do understand limiting the mob spawns but I don't see a good reason having mob spawns this low. Afking is big part of minecraft, I really do not like this change. 

But after several cases (Like Hundreds of Skeleton Ban case for example) and several lag issues; they have no other option but to limit the mob spawning. It might be good and bad; but who cares about that, long as this server get better running. 

• albino, Fridge, ALegitDot and 2 others like this

Fridge

Fridge

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

But after several cases (Like Hundreds of Skeleton Ban case for example) and several lag issues; they have no other option but to limit the mob spawning. It might be good and bad; but who cares about that, long as this server get better running. 

This. Also for those that do not like this change, did you even read the post? I put images of the tick rate changes for a reason... I'm not making it up.

• ALegitDot, C4t4ly5t and DenisRo like this

L1pOqe4.gif

UrbanNinja_

UrbanNinja_

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 690 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green

I think that this is a really good idea (I have a lot of trouble with lag in build worlds sometimes from too many entities), but it's also a good idea to leave the mob caps for darkrooms/gfarms alone as these are mostly used for mass mob extermination/xp farming. Anyways, nice job Fridge :D

Posted Image

jasonp1898

jasonp1898

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 417 posts

I get why you are limiting the mob spawns, but why so low?? What did you base your numbers on? When InspectorGadget warned me about too many mobs, he told me not to go over 300 not 120 (which is now what I get from it). Also, I would like to know what the limits are for darkroom and guardian farms because I see people afk up to 60 guardians in one place. 

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

btw if someday server update to 1.12 , mojang had already fixed this issue in 1.11, "mob cramming" together on one block limit, which is very helpfull!!. (still this is a glitch where people put water on killing pad to evade mob cramming, idk if this fixed already)

hufMVMB.gif

Legendary Faction Chat  =[   Legendary = Recruit - B4   ]=  Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris = Officer - B1   ::   Dozers = Leader - B2   ::   Interstellar = Member - B3 ]=

Macho_Nacho

Macho_Nacho

• Server Donator
  • 1,617 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Red

I get why you are limiting the mob spawns, but why so low?? What did you base your numbers on? When InspectorGadget warned me about too many mobs, he told me not to go over 300 not 120 (which is now what I get from it). Also, I would like to know what the limits are for darkroom and guardian farms because I see people afk up to 60 guardians in one place.

Some people have potatos for a computer (trying to make a point here), and have you ever been around a player afk at a spawner with over 150 mobs? This not only lowers server tps, it also (depending on your computer specs) causes fps lag. Not only that, there are numerous players afking at mobs farms which all adds up and lowers the server tps significantly.

The reason why the mob cap is so low (from my guess) is because (like mentioned above) you aren’t the only player connected to the server. Let’s say there are just 2 players (at different locations) are afking at their quad farms. That would mean there could be up to 160 mobs loaded at once. And let’s say they also have (8) pigman portals in the area too. That would mean that there could be up to 320 mobs loaded for just only two players afking. If you haven’t looked at the charts shown above, that dramatically lowers the server tps.

As for guardian farms and darkroom spawners, I wouldn’t have more than 100 guardians in your kill-zone at once. My guess why there is no limit is because there isn’t really a way to take advantage of game mechanics to change a setting where to limit how many mobs (of that type) can spawn in an area. Reason why spawners can be regulated is because automatically the game checks by default how many mobs can it spawn in an area (default is 8), and I’m assuming this can be changed. There also has been more cases where players have been caught afking at spawners than gfarms mostly because players have better access to spawners than gfarms.

To add on to that, I have installed an on/off switch to all my gfarms and mob spawners. You can disable mob spawners by surrounding it with lamps and powering it with redstone. As for gfarms you can just have a dispenser at the bottom of the kill-zone dispense lava with a button.

btw if someday server update to 1.12 , mojang had already fixed this issue in 1.11, "mob cramming" together on one block limit, which is very helpfull!!. (still this is a glitch where people put water on killing pad to evade mob cramming, idk if this fixed already)

Mob cramming is obviously a solution to all this but since the server is still trying to adjust to the changes since it’s update from 1.8, it won’t be awhile until the server updates to 1.12

EDIT: I could be totally wrong on some or maybe on all the information I said so I’m just going to label this as my theory.

Edited by MachoNacho, 09 January 2018 - 09:30 PM.

• albino, ALegitDot, SauronDark and 1 other like this

KQ6T2o8.gif

Signature made by: kushsmarty315

Become a Recruiter! =[NachoFarms] = Recruitment Page

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

Mob cramming is obviously a solution to all this but since the server is still trying to adjust to the changes since it’s update from 1.8, it won’t be awhile until the server updates to 1.12

lol i know about plugin update thing, thats why i am not asking for it but saying "if someday", actually i meant if this possible on current server version by plugin? 

hufMVMB.gif

Legendary Faction Chat  =[   Legendary = Recruit - B4   ]=  Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris = Officer - B1   ::   Dozers = Leader - B2   ::   Interstellar = Member - B3 ]=

DipperDan

DipperDan

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 303 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black
Maybe someone could code a plug-in which would limit the amount of Guardians that spawn, I'm fairly certain there is a code out there that could do this task.

A4oAnWH.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users