Setting Up Permissions And Access For Faction Members & Chests

4 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

TectonicBomb

TectonicBomb

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 12 posts

So, I was wondering if I am able to grant my faction members access to chests with free food and free materials which I placed on my faction spawn (/f home) but in the same time I wanted to prevent them from destroying any block that is on that faction spawn chunk, so I tried with several combs. and it seems that this one works well..

--- Firstly I had to demote him from officer to member so he can test it, than I did /f perm set "BUILD" "MEM" "NO" and on spawn chunk in my faction /f access f "F_NAME" "YES" 

--- Than all I did  was /f perm set "CONTAINER" "mem" "YES"

--- Now they can open all chests on spawn chunk but can't destroy anything.

--- On chunks that aren't set to /f access f "NAME" "YES" so, they are /f access f "F_NAME" "NO" only granted player can open chest (if not locked)..

--- Also I did the same on the enchanting room chunk, where I just used /f access f "F_NAME" "YES" and the /f perm set "BUILD" "MEM" was set to "NO"

I still have to check this with other members, but for 2 out of 14 from faction this works as a charm.

Disclaimer: YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING ON YOUR OWN, I AM JUST SHOWING THIS TIP (ALTOUGHT IT HASN'T YET PASSED THE TEST)

PS: I don't know will it also work on chunks that host private shops for factions, because /f perm set "CONTAINER" "MEM" is on "YES" so opening the containers is granted ...

kenace

kenace

Enderdragon Slayer

• Administrator
  • 5,609 posts

Again, This is not per chunk with the permission.

Just use a shop or a wooden button in a redstone contraption.

Mj2Sd6M.gif

TectonicBomb

TectonicBomb

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Yes, but when you block everyone with /F perm set "container" "ALL/NEU/ENE/MEM/REC" only people who are assigned to chunk can edit it, others can only open chests, works fine for me, still gotta check it with others until it's secure to use

kenace

kenace

Enderdragon Slayer

• Administrator
  • 5,609 posts

This is for a player, Wanting to know how to make it possible for members to use chests in a chunk that they do not have access.

There are 2 ways that I can think of.

Way 1: This is the most dangerous, as allowing the wrong {relation} to open chests is a REALLY bad idea.

First remove access from all faction members from that chunk -

/f access f {facname}

Provide container perm, This will allow the {relation} to use all chests, anvils, item frames and enchant tables in the faction.

/f perm set container {relation} yes

Way 2:

Using an alt faction and use the {relation} to grant container access.

Create a faction under your alt account.

/f perm set container {relation} yes

Best to use ally relation, As this is the 1 that you can control.

Anyway, I said this in my post, In way 1. Marked it in red for you.

Mj2Sd6M.gif

KINGDOY

KINGDOY

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,232 posts

Kenace Pls Unban i am so much missing this server pls Kenace!

While I can't speak for kenace, I'm pretty sure he can agree that you simply must appeal your ban. If you have already been denied, then don't beg to come back.

• Mantee likes this

I am a teh dabbing pufferfish dabbing derp donkey.
FEbXTWS.png
THANKS TO LunaSei, DarkGhost, GrinderMiner and HitmanCookie FOR THIS amazing sig!! (They all once made me a sig :P) :) :) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users