Photo

Minecraft Techinical Help: What Should My Jvm Argument Be?

2 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

Igams

Igams

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

Hey I'm new to editing this and I'm trying to play on your guys server. The game runs fine but I'm trying to edit my JVM argument to use more ram. I'm trying to use 4gb of ram. Is this the correct argument or is there a better one? Sorry for the noob question.

-Xmx4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

C4t4ly5t

C4t4ly5t

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 688 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

How much RAM does your system have? Don't increase your RAM usage unless you're having performance issues. Allocating too much RAM can actually overload your CPU and cause lag spikes due to more garbage collection. So it could, in fact, actually DECREASE performance. 

The JVM argument looks right, but under most circumstances 2G is more than enough.

Plus, Windows tends to panic when you start using more than half of your RAM, regardless of how much RAM you actually have installed. I've experienced this first hand once. My Windows started wetting its pants and just wanted to close apps when my RAM usage exceeded 9GB because "I was using too much RAM", completely ignoring the 7GB of unused RAM i still had available.

Edited by C4t4ly5t, 07 December 2017 - 05:36 AM.

[B1]  HearthFire  [B1]

[Raider][EVIP] c4t4ly5t / [VIP5] r34v3r

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

SauronDark

SauronDark

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 385 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

Allocating too much RAM can actually overload your CPU and cause lag spikes due to more garbage collection. So it could, in fact, actually DECREASE performance. 

Assuming user do have 8 or 16 GB RAM, its not going to hurt any performance. (generally picking right GC args can solve lag spikes)

Hey I'm new to editing this and I'm trying to play on your guys server.

What in the god's name you need that much RAM to just play a vanilla server? 1 GB is ideal and 2 GB RAM is more then enough even on graphics.

-Xmx1G -Xms1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -client

Btw, I use this args for in my PC, with lowest graphic settings and my system have only total of 4 gb RAM, and as you can see that arguments, out of 1 gb (-Xmx1G), all 1GB allocate always (Xms1G), but only 400 MB in used always.

for more info about system optimization, see this tutorial http://forums.teamex...updated-221017/

Click==>WFInBOs.png<==Click

Legendary Faction Chat =[ Legendary ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris ● Officer - B1 :: Dozers ● Leader - B2 :: Interstellar - B3 ]=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users