999 Days Ago

19 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

fruitshakes

fruitshakes

The Fruitiest Boy Around

• 724 posts
  • LocationLondon
999 days ago I was in my third year of university, studying Computing in the UK. First time away from home, was a strange freedom which I took advantage of maybe a bit too much (I'll get back to this later). Originally from Eastern Europe, torrenting was my second nature, so I didn't think much of downloading the TE launcher to play Minecraft. I had tried it before, but TE didn't connect on first try (surprise) and I kept dying in single player, so I thought fuck it. But this time around, I followed the youtube let's play series of a softly-spoken, middle-aged man. I probably got to episode 50-something (~6 days in), before I started thinking this would be more fun with other players. So I tried TE again and it worked first try (also, surprise). 

I went through the test, spawned in library and read it all multiple times. I'm the type of guy that likes to read the manual before using a new product or playing a new game, and TE was no different for me. I walked around the wooly spawn dome and got lost constantly. I didn't understand a thing, but with time and determination I got to know what and where things are. I made a few attempts at chatting in global, but being non-vip, unknown to other players, didn't get any attention. 

I'm also the type that gets addicted to things very quickly: a few weeks in and I bought Vip, straight to $30 SVip actually, I wanted the extra perks. Suddenly I was being noticed in chat too. The second day as an SVip I got banned by Kyzer for using /back after dying in PvP (my only ban) :D I spent so much time in game that it was affecting my real life, I may have missed a class or 20, I may have failed an assignment or two, but I was having fun.

My first faction was Core - Newcleus was recruiting in global as usual and I went for it. One of the main rules of the faction was 'no cobble houses' so I went on a mission to build a cobble house that was amazing enough that I would be allowed to keep it. I wasn't (it was amazing tho). I spent many days and nights building crappy houses and making friends, getting to know the community. I remember being in the Core hotel, there was a water elevator for 'plebs', and a hole from top to bottom for the 'cool EVips'. I never wanted anything more than to fly up that hole (later on, I did - multiple times). 

I joined TS at one point, nice people donated for me, godsmack, JoeyTheGreen, I was always grateful they got me to EVip. Joey poached me from Core eventually so we could start Hyperion. This is a period I remember very fondly, the community was at its' peak for me. A lot of fun was had, memories made, I felt like I belonged. I built a tree and a garden, played around in the Anvil Roulette (controversial thing this was..). I used these builds to apply to Phoenix. I'm not gonna name drop too much cause I'll forget people, but this is when I got my assistant promotion. I was just flying around, watching Ebel build bacon hotel, when him and Kyzer kept asking eachother in chat for me to see:  'did he notice yet?'. Then the TS woman shouted 'Server group assigned'. Much excite :D Probably around this time I also changed my sleeping pattern so I could be online at the same time as the people I liked to play with. 

A lot of fun was had in Phoenix as well. Most of all, a lot of learning and even personal development for which I am eternally grateful. I remember building my mushroom house which I never finished, I remember watching kyzer build dragons, testing the pvp arena, watching ebel build all kinds of bacon stuffs, watching Defy build our /f home, using the farms, the spawners, the mines, the flower farm, I remember the easter eggs, the palm trees, the pink frogs, the noob village regens, I remember boob being scurred to do /lb's on his first day and later the house he never finished, I remember Kaidun's big glowing ball and dragon. I miss staying up all night building and rebuilding shops with Stef, I miss the times back in Hyperion and the friendship Joey and I had. 

Anyway, V3 came eventually, was fun whilst we were building it (I was mostly watching - by now you can tell I did a lot of this, mostly cause I'm a shit builder, even though Sjouwer keeps trying to convince me otherwise), less fun when all the players came on and started breaking things, least fun in recent days because of work, no time and no patience left - all good things run their course, and this is the end of the road for me on TE. I realise I haven't mentioned it yet, this is supposed to be my leaving post. 

I guess I'm an observer, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching this community evolve and transform over time. Its' most recent iteration however doesn't bring me much joy, and playing is not fun anymore for me. Could be because my friends left or aren't active anymore, could be because the community doesn't feel as closely knit as it used to be. I am grateful for the good times and the bad times, they've all shaped me into who I am today, even if just a little bit. 

I wouldn't normally make a post like this because I don't like committing to stuff, but I keep coming in game, flying around for 5 minutes and logging off, and I'd rather not (I might be on briefly to sort my money and posessions). I'll keep in touch with those of you who can contact me outside of TE, but I guess I'm saying goodbye to everyone else. Writing this post brought back many memories - I chose to keep most of them for myself (they're MINE), but to give you a little piece of my experience on TE. 

So long, and thanks for all the fish :D

• Fenton112, Sjouwer, Theophobia_ and 33 others like this

e7i5E8V.png

Sig by Rнyє

kenace

kenace

Enderdragon Slayer

• 3,094 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

You will be missed fruitshakes, Always welcome to teamextreme man.

• YATA likes this

wFW2hJk.gif

YATA

YATA

a custom title "Shep" would be awesome.

• Server Donator
  • 599 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green
  • LocationSomewhere swimming in Diamonds OWO!!

You will be missed fruity T_T/ Godspeed buddy!!

zv4VE7.gif
Sig by: Jeeva

UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 586 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Siberia.

wtf why are all the staff leaving :((((

Good luck irl fruitshakes, we will miss you :(((

NooFS1I.jpg

Venomencer

Venomencer

Hahaha too young to Die...

• Server Donator
  • 489 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Aqua
  • LocationBermuda Triangle

"Who's the Fruitiest Boy around?"  :( 

Your story is similar to mine. That let's play series of a softly spoken middle aged man's lets play [paulsoaresjr] also got me to start Minecraft 5 years ago. And Teamextreme made it possible.

This is not a good bye hopefully those memories will bring you back someday and hopefully I'll be around till then Farewell man..

Good Luck on your journey.

yAAU7TC.jpg
Signature credit

-=[i!i]: Special : arabi : Thanks :[i!i]=-

Craft Tech

Craft Tech

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 882 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Yellow

nuuuu Milkshake is leaving!!! 

Well we look forward to have u back soon in future

Have a good life ahead

mZCM7lu.gif
Sig by Kenace :3

abudaby111

abudaby111

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 140 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue
  • LocationIn my world

Omg, Even if one time I needed help and you appeared , i think you are a good man. I'm sorry to se many good peoples leaving this community.

We all will miss you !!! Have a good life!

xttron

xttron

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,726 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red
  • LocationHell
D: Mom! Someone's got hax and making the staff members leave.....

WHY! ;-;

Welp we also never met ingame but thanks for whatever you helped me with on forums when I first joined and j wish you a good luck in life

wotLVyh.jpg

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Abnegation - DeluxePirates -TheChosen -Metropolis- DarkMight- Rayhoven -Destruction -Inconceivables- LatinBuilders- TheHoldenCrew-TheRedLine- UnionJack- 8BitNation- Frostbite -Bali -Survivalist - DorkSide]=

Doluxor

Doluxor

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 380 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blood
  • LocationEarth Planet !!!
T_T goodbye
Good luck in your life hope you do whatever you dream to do

gsYSJgg.jpg

Request Dyes from my dyes Factory

KingFishy492

KingFishy492

Like shooting fish in a barrel

• Server Donator
  • 1,296 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Silvyr ;)
  • LocationHell where i live

God fucking damit fruit no not you too first kyzer then nodles now the fruits leaving too 

This is just so sad to see te is changing for the better or for the worst its unsure as to what is actually happning all i know is we are losing great staff members great players and amazing people that will be missed by meany and defiantly by me 

fruit you are an awesome dude and i really do hate to see you go but i guess time dont stop for no one and i guess you decided it was your time witch is sad to say the least 

I do have to agree that te is not the same as it got bigger and bigger we have gained some not good family and the close n et te that we all loved and want back is no longer what it once was witch is a fucking shame it was a great time a few years ago and now it feels like we have started to go full titanic on this shit i guess thats why its an option on TS.

Fruit this comes from the bottom of my heart i will miss you not being on te but you will always be a part of the once bright proud te family that stood before and that will never change 

Good by fruit tree you will be missed

if you ever feel like coming back in a far future dont be a stranger 

-Fishy

• GrinderMiner, fruitshakes, Kunwar and 1 other like this

ezgif.com-resize_2.gif                                  

Thegreatwar

Thegreatwar

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 169 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red
  • Locationwith xuserojas fishing in the deep ocean

You will be missed fruit!

As far as i know you was a great person!

Wish you the best in life and you're always welcome

https://imgur.com/a/y6S2z

~war

• Twilight_Ender likes this

NlFbvuT.jpg

Always in for a nice talk!

B1: Elysian B2: LegendsOfToday B3: Chaos B4: Swedminers

Twilight_Ender

Twilight_Ender

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 202 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black
  • LocationFrom Earth
It seems to be the end, well I hope u come back one day.
Isn't easy to leave TE at all, however, u spent long time on this server.
And of course no one will forget you bud, good luck with ur life.
~Twilight
  • Thegreatwar likes this
ZOxJ3xv.gif Don't ask :I

[B1]=[Intelligence] [B2]=[ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)] [B3]=[Partenza] [B4]=[EnderGFarm]

tatiana.pi

tatiana.pi

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 191 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:turquoise
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Disappointed at the fact some great staff is leaving for their reasons.
Maybe I never talked to you but I was always thinking you were grateful^^

You will be missed Fruit, we hope to see you again.
Wish luck to you as everyone :) 

Spoiler

Edited by tatiana.pi, 14 November 2017 - 03:21 PM.

• Twilight_Ender likes this

PnRh62e.gif
-=[B1:Gabriel|B2:Theogony|B3:Mythic|B4:Misfit]=-

Slateyo

Slateyo

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

Never met you ingame :(

Anyways Goodbye and ATB in life :)

xLgPcPl.gif

RayThe3rd

RayThe3rd

"Im Ray the Badass"

• Server Donator
  • 4,744 posts
  • LocationMurfreesboro, TN

Well, sad to see you go Fruity. One of the few staff that didn't stop talking to me after they got staff (If anything, you talked to me more as staff.) I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose to do in your near future. I am glad that TE was your home for so long, and hope that maybe one day you'll return.

-Ray

• fruitshakes likes this

ZyZAfT2.jpg

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Gardener of Rayhoven<->Mayor of Metropolis ]=

GrinderMiner

GrinderMiner

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 240 posts

It's sad to see ppl leave.

I want to  thank you for the help you bring me, when i receive your PM in forums I was surpised, and sometimes I feel like I never thanked you in the right way. 

We dont speak much in game and after your help I enjoyed the game more than ever, thank you very much.

I wish you the best, you are an awesome dude.

-Alph

• fruitshakes likes this

SGxT4Kb.gif

WhiteT

WhiteT

PinkSheep

• Server Donator
  • 409 posts

sad to hear that another staff is leaving..

You will be missed Fruitshakes :)

i know i didn't meet you a lot in game, but i know you're an awesome Guy.

and Wish you the best and hope you come back once again to TE 

-WhiteT

Edited by WhiteT, 14 November 2017 - 10:17 PM.

3wPuEBO.png

xDevil022

xDevil022

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 828 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Purple

Sorry, couldn't handle it, will miss you a lot. Hope to see you one day in the near future. :)

• SakaLaka123V2, Thegreatwar and PandaJukes like this

x51C937.png

SakaLaka123V2

SakaLaka123V2

[Insert Custom Title Here]

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Red

Yea, really is sad to see members leaving , fruity really did portray it in a beautiful way.. Everyone`s leaving true... I might even one day.. Well everyone will.. but this is a community and we should stick together.... see you fruity!! Good luck outside of TE!!

8t5y8sY.png

~"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present."~

Gta5_Videos

Gta5_Videos

Pumpkin Farmer

• Server Donator
  • 77 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Cheese?

Looks like there's another one. 

Have a good life and Godspeed mate, we're sure about that. :3

oLyK149.png?3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users