68 replies to this topic

Kyzeragon

Kyzeragon

Islands in the stream

• Administrator
  • 3,513 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green

POPULAR

There is no TL;DR for this. It wouldn't be right of me to go without a signature Kyzer wall of text. But you're welcome to skip the story if you don't care, which is probably true. I wrote it more for myself than anything. Or skip the whole thing.

I wasn't one of those oldies that came from V1. TE was my first time playing a public minecraft server. I had run small servers for my friends before that, mostly for building things with WorldEdit and VoxelSniper. On March 18th, 2014, I finally decided I would click on this vulgar-looking server that came with the launcher my friend gave me. "Bitches Be Crazy!". I didn't think I would like it but I gave it a try.

I read all of the rules. I took the test. I read ALL of the library, imagine that! I spent my first day (or evening, rather) on TE harvesting resources and running around the spawn shops. That was back when there were no GUIs, and the spawn shops were purple wool portals in the admin shop section of the spawn. I resold iron from one shop to another -- all I thought about was making some money. One of my first memories of TE that I recount often was the Global chat while I was in the tree farm, cutting a big jungle tree from the top down, unlike the nooby way of cutting only the bottom trunk and leaving the top untouched. Some VIP (won't name names) said something to the effect of "only vips are invited to this party, nonvips are noobs". I thought to myself, "bruh, I've been playing Minecraft for 2.5 years before joining the server and I'm certain I know more about Minecraft already than most if not all of the people here". So I said in Global something like "just because someone is new to the server doesn't mean they're noobs at mc". Of course I was ignored.

I joined a faction called "Factional Fighting Corps Platoon 13" or something like that. It was pretty terrible. They didn't even have the common sense to put water near the farmland to keep it hydrated, and the faction leader gave me a little piece of sandy ground far from the faction home. Then, he insisted on building my house for me. That was terrible too. It was a jungle plank 2-story shack with some windows and my plants out front. I decided to leave it alone and went mining instead. I found some diamonds, and asked in Global whether there was someone who could lend me a fortune 3 pickaxe so I could get more of them, and even offered that the person who lent me the pick could keep some of the diamonds. No reply.

2 days later, I joined the forums. I looked in faction recruitment, saw that Atlas seemed to have decent builds, and applied to it with screenshots of the builds I had done before in my private servers. As terrible as my first faction was, I'm very loyal and I felt bad for leaving the faction, even though it had only been a few days, so I left a few signs on the inside of my house for the faction leader. That terrible jungle plank house and those signs are still there to this day -- it's claimed under Safezone somewhere, would have to find the warp again.

PyroAries was the one who moved me to Atlas. I met Gray538 and xMrArnoldx shortly afterwards. I was in awe at the huge statue of Atlas above the faction home, but I later found out that it wasn't an original build and was much less impressed. I met Karly42, Rix_17, Xarary, and others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I really don't remember what I did with my plot, because soon enough my focus was on the $20 donation contest that ButterSnapz posted on the forums. I started up my private server, with VoxelSniper in hand, and built my Dragon Knight prototype. Over the next week or so, I slowly rebuilt the dragon knight in survival on TE, on land I claimed with my alt, Skewbix. It was a tedious process of gathering money from running pumpkins (fortunately, Atlas had a large pumpkin farm that I would use), then running to chubrox's shop in Whippy's mall to buy wool for my statue. I built it over a large shallow lake so that I wouldn't die as much when I fell off the build, but I still died a dozen times or so. I think it's still at /warp dragon.

I played mob arena too, and was quite good at it. I would always pick tank, and be the last one left, racking up hundreds of kills, with players yelling at me to "just die" so that they could play. My dragon knight entry got me noticed by Chrishankhah, and she got me onto TS. I remember the first day I couldn't speak because my roommate was taking a nap, but after that it was still hard to get me to use my mic. It just felt awkward speaking to my computer screen. 2PieceCombo and TrueRetribution invited me to Shockerz, which I accepted reluctantly after Karly accepted too. I met Smokezarn there, I think. Things are getting foggy about where and when I met who. I got an anonymous donation to Vip (which I found out very much later was from ButterSnapz), and then 2 days later got another anonymous donation that jumped me straight to EVip. A funny memory from that time was another EVip commenting on the fact that I had just answered a question in help chat: "wow, look at kyzer, already acting like an evip", yet I had been answering questions for weeks before that already. My first build as an EVip was a helicopter on the freebuild island at Shockerz. Able to fly now, I found out that I had missed the entire left armpit when I reconstructed my dragon knight on TE, so I patched that up.

Soon enough, hanging out with Chrish became hanging out with a lot of the staff members. Those were some of the best days that I remember. The "Good Ol' Days", if you will. I still have screenshots of us doing stupid things like boxing Chrish in with zombies hugging her, disguising as diamond ore in the spawn and watching new players trying to mine it, and putting on other staff's player skulls just to see how dumb everyone looked. Chrish created whole islands for each of us at Shockerz. I built a strange little house and my wyvern wrapped around the floating island with a beacon, the latter of which has been my Facebook profile picture ever since. Apparently my house got caked. So did all of Shockerz faction home. And pretty much all the other builds. Everything got caked when Flox or Flakman came by with world edit, throwing fireballs along the way. I built 2 more dragon warriors -- the archer and the mage. The archer stands now in the center of the Shop world, and the mage and spearman (a later addition) at the ends of the harbor, with the color schemes changed.
Spoiler
Spoiler

May 3rd, 2014. Promotions came around. Noodzz was promoted to assistant, and I asked him to set a warp for me on the xp farm that I had been building. That was when warps were from Essentials and staff had to set them for players. A few hours later, Flak PM'ed me ingame asking if I could get on TS. I jokingly replied, "am I in trouble? getting sent to the principal's office?". Apparently Retri and I got promoted. Noodzz, TrueRetribution, stevenpoore, AmazonQueenn, and I: the 5 assistant promotion, which I later learned was actually a very large group. I didn't worry about that though because I was soon busier getting all sorts of drama surrounding my promotion. I was incredibly new to the server, 1.5 months since I joined, and already an assistant? A lot of EVips were outraged. My promotion made at least one of them quit too.
Spoiler

But time went on, and apparently I did well enough to prove people wrong, because just 3 months later on July 29th, Noodzz, Retri, and I were promoted to mod. Sometime in between, I met Ebel while building roads for V3 with Smokezarn. Retri and I were inseparable for quite a while. We'd bounce things off of each other often, having been promoted at the same time and being online at similar timezones. Ebel joined Shockerz. Around August 2014 I also started playing around with coding Minecraft mods. MobCounter started getting widely used by all the nosy pseudo-staff trying to catch people with too many mobs.

January 3rd, 2015. I was promoted to admin. But as they say, with great power comes great responsibility, and players certainly pestered admins the most, seeing the fancy orange text. I quickly found myself hiding from players most of the time, and it helped that admins joined the server automatically vanished. Some time around here I also worked on Kyzbot, my Liteloader mod that was basically the precursor to ChatFilter. Some people didn't like that I was automating a lot of kicks using Kyzbot, but we followed through and made it an official plugin. It was my baby. MINE. Adding more and more checks to prevent rule-breaking in chat. Chat was pretty bad before when there weren't staff online to monitor, but that was with a player cap of 150 in V2. Imagine if we had gone to V3, with the raising of the player cap, without ChatFilter. A lot of you hate on it for not letting you spam faction recruitment or trades (that is by design :)), but what you don't see is how much of the garbage it filters out. The official Dev title came on October 25, 2015.

There are so many other events that I didn't write down the dates to. Ebel and I opened Shopperz. Not the Shopperz that you know now, but the smaller one outside north exit on the V2 map. The one that spawned multiple copycat shops with the exact same layout. We made so much money from it, and we bought donations for people that we liked and thought had potential. Some of those I regret, some of those turned out to be the best friends I've made on TE. bobam, datalyssa, Kaidun, TheBaron12, and InspectorGadget were some that went on to be staff. We built PvP arenas, the Winter PvP being the first - with my frost dragon, and Ebel doing all the terraforming and building by hand. We left Shockerz to start Phoenix. Those were some of the best days too -- building our own world, albeit in a corner of the world... We built V3 together too. A lot of what's here now we've had a hand in, one way or another, under the hood. Of course there were things that people couldn't agree on, but I'm not going to get into that. Shop world, Raidlands...
Spoiler

I used to answer hundreds of questions in help chat -- you don't see it now, but back in my earlier days I could answer as many questions as I wanted without being harassed in PM for some request that I didn't want to do, and that's exactly what I did. It was even better when I made an incognito account and ran around in survival, being able to help random players without being bugged. These are the usernames I've gone under before (maybe there were more), mixing with the players and deliberately harassing staff in PM with stupid requests. Maybe you've come across one of them during the time.
EnderpDragon - invaded TheCompanions, but made a mistake and had to reveal my identity to the officers. Chrish thought the name was super obvious but none of the players got it.
Spython - invaded TheRedstoners, and also trash-talked certain people who I won't name that I still don't like :D
Canzone - this one was short lived, don't remember what I did with it
Hetzer - played around in survival with some other incognito staff members
Ryujin - invaded Basilisk
Inktvis - invaded Paradise (B2)

I don't even know how many hours I've invested in Minecraft anymore. It's thousands of hours, maybe even more than ten thousand, and at least 90% of that must be TE. TE was pretty much my life throughout 3 years of college, and I made friends for life (I hope they are for life anyway, you never know). I won't even try to list all the people I've met and come across because I know I'll miss someone by accident. Most of the ones who have had the biggest impact on me aren't even active anymore.

What's the point of all that reminiscing? Well, good things must come to an end. For me it faded out long ago. WE requests, password resets, account problems, plugin issues etc. became so much of a chore that I wouldn't come online because then I would feel obligated to do them. TE isn't what it used to be anymore. I don't usually mind change, especially if it's for the good of the players, but enough of it is in a different direction that I do mind it. I miss those days of closely-knit staff, mature players, general getting-along-with-everyone. I miss the simplicity of playing the game without having to turn off chat or use an alt account. I miss not having to deal with drama or take part in it. I don't believe these are things I can gain from TE any longer. I already know, like, and dislike too much, and I'm already too involved. It used to be that I could take a few weeks of break playing another game and come back refreshed and wanting to do things on TE, but not anymore. The novelty isn't coming back; I guess this was my last break from TE.

So goodbye, and thanks for the memories that I'll always remember and some that I wish I could forget. I'll stick around for a week or so to check forums and clean up ingame stuff but soon go inactive. Maybe I'll check back once in a while.

And before you ask, yes, Shopperz will remain. I've given my half of the shop signs to Ebel. I do still believe in cheap and accessible resources for regular players (even if it's out of stock most of the time).

• Fyre, Koenraad72, TheBaron12 and 84 others like this

53bba504ff.gif

My mods - 1.7.2 / 1.7.10 / 1.8 / 1.10.2 / 1.11.2

ChannelFilter | MobCounter | AutoCraft | HorseInfo | ItemSorter

Yawz

Yawz

delete this before staff sees it

• Server Donator
  • 651 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:violet

I'm not a remarkable player but I just want to say that thanks for making this server awesome and great, for all the help in forums, pms, factions, your plugins and very awesome mods. I won't say goodbye, your marks on TE would never be removed. I rather will say, see you next time, maybe not sooner, but I hope you come back sometimes as you said. :) ^_^

• Presence likes this

Cake

Zee

Zee

DEV-ilicious

• Plugin Developer
  • 1,361 posts

I've never been a wall of text person, so I hope you don't take the next few sentences as not caring enough about this.

I'm saddened to learn that you are leaving, but I understand where you are coming from. Thanks for being a great staff member, a great dev, and a great friend. I wish you the best of luck with everything, Kyzer.

• PyroAries_, albino, Kyzeragon and 8 others like this

Want to try some mods?

FacMap | MinePath | MTape | ShapeGen

kenace

kenace

Enderdragon Slayer

• 3,341 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

You will be massively missed kyzer, Just the small amount of contact I have had with you has been some of the best memories I have of TE.

• SakaLaka123V2, Lunarescent, Thegreatwar and 4 others like this

wFW2hJk.gif

ryan1998

ryan1998

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,438 posts
It's really sad to hear that but we can understand that nothing is permanent, you have been one of the most contributing staff I have ever seen, we havent talked much but still sometimes there are no words to say somethings, thank you for inspiring me many times (indirectly) and I apologize if I had derped earlier..
See you soon! :)

Edited by ryan1998, 08 October 2017 - 07:49 PM.

• TDB likes this

Fridge

Fridge

Official TE Weenie

• Contributor
  • 2,443 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green

I will miss you kyzer :( I completely understand why you are leaving. Thanks for being a great friend and good luck to whatever you may do from here.

• Lunarescent and Thegreatwar like this

Posted Image

Presence

Presence

Derp

• Server Donator
  • 1,777 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Orange

Even-though we're not so known (basically, you probably don't know about me), all I've got to say, is a massive 'thank you'. The fact that you were a helping hand throughout the years you have been here has been proved with no doubt, and you, along with other staff members, have made this server just awesome. I'm so sorry to learn that you are leaving, but we all definitely understand. I wish you the best for everything that gets on your way. You'll be very missed. Goodbye, fellow friend. :P

Edited by Presence, 08 October 2017 - 08:20 PM.

• TierriFF likes this

dxk9iYP.jpg

Cutekittens

Cutekittens

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 560 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:yellow

I haven't known you particularly well but for the time I have known you you have been a great staff member for the time I have been playing TE. I wish you all the best for the future to come and in your life. 

BrCr6W1.jpg

Life isnt always Sunshine and Rainbows. 

Thanks to HitmanCookie for the sig OwO

EnderKEK

EnderKEK

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 298 posts
Never heard any great persons speech before like this , face to face . I'm just one of the random annoying Vip player of TE . All i can say that im speechless . It took me 20 mins in total to read the whole story . And for a moment , i started imaging my old day in TE too . I am a v3 version actually , doesnt matter .

Never met u before , never got a chance to take a ss with you even . You helped me once in refilling my gfarm tank once , i remember that you told me not to use hopper tubes haha .

And ... kyzer .... What is called virtual talents ? Idk ... Bt i will be prouded always because i will be enough able to say ' i know kyzer ' ... Goodbye means leaving earth . So no goodbye for now , what you did for this server is .............speechless ( cause i dont understand mods coding tho )
  • TierriFF likes this
                                                                            7efssm7.jpg

UniversAll

UniversAll

Pumpkin Farmer

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Sky green

This post was so influential, even though i barely even know you, but this post has taught me something special.

It showed me the value of time, and to enjoy every second of it, because once the spark is gone, it's gone! The past will never repeat, even though you want it to so bad. But the future holds new things, and you can only get to them once you let go of some things first.

You have let go of some of those things, probably hard to do so, but i sincerely hope that this decision will make you happier, we do live once after all! 

Thank you for the lesson kyzer, and good luck with the future. 

• TierriFF likes this

desk.png

~Which will emerge victorious in the end?

awesome_dom

awesome_dom

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 548 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

i might have never met you ingame but all the things you did for the servers talk for you. i felt that i wanted to cry while reading this. Goodbye kyzer and i wish i have ever met you ingame or became a friend im sure your a great person. GL with what life take you to or what you are planning to do. Never give up never surrender! 

Posted Image

Wait For It!

KomaProd95

KomaProd95

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

No clue if you will remember me kyzer but your one of the first players I meet after I came back to TE after taking a break from the game for a year. I can't say in a good way considering that it was me trying to be a smart ass and buying out all of the chain armor from your and Ebel's shop and reselling it to a near by shop to earn fast money. I can still remember you force tp-ing me a few times before getting me to a secluded location to talk about what I was doing wrong. I have to admit that you teached me a big lesson that day and I have never tried to break the rules in any way from then on out. You are one of the reasons why I became a good and honest player. Even that we don't know each other you and Ebel had one of my highest respects because of all the effort you both gave to the server that I enjoy playing and where I meet so many wonderful people here. 

I would also like to thank you for the memories and for everything that you have done till now. For making this server what it is today. You were just one part of a puzzle that is TE but one of the bigger and most important parts of it. 

I wish you all the luck and happiness kyzer and once again thank you for everything.

• _MAPLEMOOSE_ :) and Lulubug like this

LQdNY2j.jpg

TheThreeKingdoms recruitment page ---> http://forums.teamex...nt/#entry583342 
                            TheThreeKingdoms Chat ---> http://forums.teamex...ial-chat/page-1

C4t4ly5t

C4t4ly5t

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 688 posts

Kyzer... I don't know what to say to you because, honestly, I never knew you. I'm still relatively new to the server, having only joined in February this year. I'm saddened by the fact that I've never gotten to meet you, but I want to wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

I can, however, assure you that I've learned quite a lot about your influences on this server from other community members, and that you will be greatly missed by many, and never be forgotten. I believe that, for as long as TE will remain, your legacy will live on.

I also have to add that my skin was originally inspired by your and Ebel's skins, which i then continuously modified until it morphed into my current skin.

I want to close by thanking you for everything that you have done for this server.

:)

[B1]  HearthFire  [B1]

[Raider][EVIP] c4t4ly5t / [VIP5] r34v3r

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

Athu7890

Athu7890

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 253 posts

It’s really sad to see you leave like this ;-; Everyone is going to miss you a lot on the server ;-; More importantly, thank you for being such a great staff member for the server :P Your contribution to this place is unforgettable and immeasurable. You’ve had your own strong and unique impact on the server and it’s members :3 Thank you for helping us skrubs so much. Without you, a lot of stuff that has been up today would not have been possible. And a lot of us would’ve been illiterate shits :V ;-;

Kyzbot is lit.

Gonna miss you derping around everywhere and all da fun ;-; ;-;

Aaaaaa things are gonna be not so fun withtout you around ;-;

Good luck with whatever you plan on pursuing!!  Hope you achieve what you want and all your dreams come true \o/

Thanks for a lot of things :3

Sorry if i may have gone wrong somewhere lul ;-;

Hope you pay random visits in the future e.e

Until then, sayonara and arigatou :3

Goodbye almighty Shrublord derpqueen. Take care :3

Edited by Athu7890, 08 October 2017 - 09:04 PM.

• Lulubug and TierriFF like this

Click==>WFInBOs.png<==Click

|| B1: CringeCity || B2: Classic || B3Raphael || B4: ClassicB4 ||

Astelon

Astelon

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,213 posts

It's always sad to see old players leave, and I've seen many do so. Times have changed a lot on TE, and so did the people playing, but where don't they change? Whatever you'll be doing, hope you'll be as succesful as you were on here, or even more. You will be missed.

FirePhoenix_24

FirePhoenix_24

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 568 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue
I didn't really know you that well, but I have seen some great work you have done, for example "Noob quote of the day" which is still active today. You will be missed, and I understand why you are leaving, as at days I feel the same, doing the same thing over and over again. I miss those days where I can just prank the hell of some body and just doing random little things. I hope one day you change your mind to come back occasionally when you miss us :P. You will be greatly missed
Firephoenix-Blue.jpg
SPECIAL THANKS TO AWESOME_DOM FOR MAKING ME THIS SIG :D

PandaJukes

PandaJukes

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 192 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Red

I never met you IG (you probably dont know about me ) i read it all and i felt like i was about to cry while reading and this was very emotive like story i really enjoyed reading it ,I wish i ever met you IG ,Goodluck with whatever you do in life , ofc everything good as end but the most important things is that you never give up sometimes playing minecraft might be boring especially when playing as a staff cuz moderating a server is very hard i hope you find hapyness Kyzer.

Goodbye Kyzer 

life is too short to spend to spend it on only 1 thing - by me (sorry for my english)

ckTmEJ0.jpg

Ankincognito

Ankincognito

Watermelon Bandit

• Server Donator
  • 245 posts

Naaaw Kyzer, you're making my eyes pee :<

I remember being noticed by you (first time being noticed by staff wow) when I was in Legacy and everything was cemented and so organised - and all I had to do was just my job of collecting sugarcane. I distinctly remember mini wool dragons popping up around the faction and making fun of Deathskull with me haha. Thank you for accepting me into Phoenix - I thought I'd never make it but I did, and I still appreciate my pink froggy next to my house :)

Thanks for all your hard work and Jib and I want to let you know we'll be bothering you to play Terraria with us soon after we stop dying from exams (we've only gotten to hardcore mode because of you, and we die regularly - our little base wouldn't be as organised :D) I hope to see you on other games and thank you for being a great friend! <3 (I know those are reserved for Ebel only)

• ojib420 likes this

ak90WPD.gif

Thank you Data <3

BronyLexicon

BronyLexicon

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 311 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Orange

Ah yes, good old Spython, the worst spy ever. I really enjoyed having you in my faction Kyzer. It's funny, even though I've never met you in real life, I feel as though I'm saying good bye to a good friend. Who knows? Maybe we'll meet some place again. Good luck wherever life takes you, stay safe out there.

• Lulubug likes this

dJmnTZy.png?1

Twilight_Ender

Twilight_Ender

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 215 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black
Kyzer, u will be missed T_T....

HGNOgjH.gif

Spoiler

[B1]=[Intelligence] [B2]=[ 7Kingdoms] [B3]=[Demonicum] [B4]=[ShopOfSeaIV]