Photo

Windows 7 / 10 / Xp Optimization Ultimate Guide (Updated - June 2018)

26 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

(✿´‿`): Hi! I am CHILY! Bot, welcome to this thread Topic On "Window 7/ 10 ultim....... :/ uhmm!... I believe you already read the topic name, I won't repeat, so you came here by to fix your Gaming FPS Problem? ^-^  or just came to check here who Bumped this :/ anyway, I am your advisor, I'll Help you through this guide and give you kind of a second Opinion, even Though the Same person wrote this Guide, wrote me as well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ But, in any case, I will Always Stay on Behalf of you :] So Always read me First!, I am Gray colored and uhmm... Comic San font text Inside parentheses, Have a nice day!)

Introduction: ( (✿´‿`): ._. Boring don't read this section, just scroll down to the main course!)

Hi guys, these days I've been busy gathering most of every aspect that affects Gaming Performance on Windows Operating System, I mean like Minecraft, its not just enough that you Installed Optifine and set all Video Setting to Low/Off then sitting back happily assuming you got your FPS fixed, of course, this will work but up to certain limits, you also need to optimize your Windows Operating System and Hardware.

MvFCgFZ.png

Your Hardware is the prime limitation of your System, and you cannot install a Software to make your CPU at 10 GHz speed and 2 GB RAM to 16 GB (Seriously! I did that on my memory card and pen drive using a software tool, which made it from 4 GB to 16 GB, my PC and Phone both showed me 16 GB free space, but the Real data got copied only till 4 GB, because there was no Magical Space), so what I want to say basically is, you must at least buy a decent hardware, because this will opens lots of big Game's support opportunities, totally worth it.

Then comes your Operating System, if you don't know about Operating System such as Windows Operating System, all you need to know, it's just a System Software that runs directly above Hardware, controls all the Hardware and has the collection of programs that gives basic functionalities and dependencies to All the User Software. Finally, some Libraries of Codes and Run-time Environments which are commonly you guys aware as JAVA, .NET Framework, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, DirectX, etc. are used by most of User Software and Games, they do not need any Optimizations.

So I am here to guide some best way we can Optimize our Windows for Gaming, as well as some Minecraft Optimization Tweaks to improve your FPS a bit better, during my research about "Gaming Optimization" on google, I found lots and lots of other Forums and Articles on this topic, majority of them are Snake Oil guides, they insist you install something, which may end-up ruining your system, actually they don't care about you and your PC, but their own sh!tty adware software tools, here me of course not marketing/advertising any software tools which I am going to use in this guide, in fact I don't trust any of these tools either but I tested them multiple times and they are workingly good, its just same as "you don't trust any of the social media such as Facebook Instagram, etc, because they collecting and selling level of your private data, but still you have an account and using it on daily basis".

Anyway, I'll be a lot happier if you guys help me by improving this Tutorial and also there will be some of Grammar/Spelling errors so please help me correct if any.

Disclaimer Note: ( (✿´‿`): !! Very important !! Come close to the screen with a magnifying glass! To read these... Do you Have one? No? :/ ... well then! you gonna end up with the same faith as my :'( , when Mr. SauronDark was making me, I was filled with hype about this new world that I made the whole list of world tours, but then one day, he came to me and asked me to sign on a Document, texts where too small to read, I ignored it, and I signed it, see now where I am stuck!! >_< )

This whole guide is tested by me, and all working good, still there is a chance you may derply install the wrong driver, download pirated copy of windows full of viruses, or did something wrong in windows registry and got blue screen of death, deleted system32 folder, got fired from the job because wiped out impotent document, your pc/laptop catch fire and burn your whole house and collapse that whole building/tower, world war III started, etc. I am not responsible for all of those, follow this guide very properly step by step...

jk, enough of that small texts, sure I will help to solve any problem if you ran into, still, if you following steps properly, you'll be safe :].Make sure YOU are the owner of Window PC that you gonna modify, I'd say Don't mess with other Computers! You'll probably end up being in trouble if something goes wrong. Don't give any extra efforts on each tweak-guides, Be Logical! read the guide Very Properly and apply this guide only after understand what each step do, If you Don't know what you are even doing, Please I beg you, leave the topic, because this is very technical, as this Guide is been targeted for only those who have at least basic knowledge about Window and its System.

( (✿´‿`): hey! Before you get started, let me teach you one cool feature about this Forum that Mr. SauronDark is going to use often, I found it accidentally, this thing -> hover here <- just point your mouse on the dotted underlined text, a popup menu should open)

Try to Fix your Operating System First: ( (✿´‿`): simple and very important guide, you must not skip any of these, to be honest :/ most of them are very dumb that even kids can tell that, but its good to read like "checklist" ^ ^)

Spoiler

Well Then Fix Your Fuking Hardware! ( (✿´‿`): >:/ Wooh! Easy! boy!, (¬_¬) at least we bots are betters in the language then Humans!, anyway this is an Expansive way to fix your system)
Spoiler

Advance Guide: ( (✿´‿`): !! Not important at all !!, below guide will never give you better results in perspective of "Gaming FPS", these are just final deep Optimizations in your System, i would say just 5% improvements, but worth trying with little Caution)

Spoiler

Minecraft Optimization: ( (✿´‿`): ._. I don't play Minecraft, this game is for Kids! :/ I suggest you Don't Pl.... *shutting down*... SauronDark: Sorry for the inconvenience, you can continue with Minecraft Optimization Guide, Thank you...)
Spoiler

References and Sources: ( SauronDark: I Researching all these "computer things" ever since I was a kid, so there may be many limitless sources, but for now, I took help from these latest References during this Tutorial writing )
## ULTIMATE WINDOWS 10 GAMING & TWEAK GUIDE.
## Ultimate Windows 7 (8) OS gaming optimization guide.
## How to optimize Windows 10 for gaming and more..

Edited by SauronDark, 22 June 2018 - 10:59 AM.

• kashaf, BlueTanto, ALegitDot and 8 others like this

hufMVMB.gif

Legendary Faction Chat  =[   Legendary = Recruit - B4   ]=  Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris = Officer - B1   ::   Dozers = Leader - B2   ::   Interstellar = Member - B3 ]=

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Change-logs  tongue.png

20/6/18
-Refurbished!! Noobified!!.

-Added Whopping 6 NEW Tweaks.
-Added fun little text Bot.

-Added Support for Windows XP.
-Batter Categorized.
-Improved My Grammar.
-Removed Misconception lines.

Old changelogs

Spoiler

Edited by SauronDark, 20 June 2018 - 03:02 PM.

hufMVMB.gif

Legendary Faction Chat  =[   Legendary = Recruit - B4   ]=  Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris = Officer - B1   ::   Dozers = Leader - B2   ::   Interstellar = Member - B3 ]=

arabi

arabi

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 692 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

hmm.. i didnt knew about a few additional setting of gaming . Thanks for that . Quite awesome tips

• SauronDark likes this

XSoV3Dt.gif

Youtube

UniversAll

UniversAll

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 126 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Sky green

Very helpful indeed!

Also remember to add "-Xmx" and "-Xmn" JVM arguments to increase RAM allocation to the game if your computer is low-end like mine, for example you can add "-Xmx 2048M" for 2 gigs of RAM allocated to the game. (source : here)

1gk6dd.jpg

The limits are blurred out.

(macros scripts/tutorial,Fil guide,shopMap)

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Very helpful indeed!

Also remember to add "-Xmx" and "-Xmn" JVM arguments to increase RAM allocation to the game if your computer is low-end like mine, for example you can add "-Xmx 2048M" for 2 gigs of RAM allocated to the game. (source : here)

yeah i know that i have ready arguments, but for now, i be concentrating on system optimization, and the source you mentioned, i had tried this 15 day ago, that actually reduce my fps in minecraft, so that one is not so good, may be those agrs for moded minecraft that why

hufMVMB.gif

ibu2awesome

ibu2awesome

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,985 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green
Microsoft sends error telemetry on trigger. If Windows experiences a glitch or exception, the stack trace is sent to Microsoft. They don't give a fuck about what 1billion people are doing and don't have the resources to track on them. Lol.

Also, Delivery Optimization can affect network bandwidth if you have other Win10 devices on the network and you're downloading a network update. In this case, it can cannibalize your network, but it will do that without optimization enabled anyway. It has minimal effect on gaming performance as it only performs network discovery when an update is detected.
Edit: Something better would be to set your connection to metered, which will constrict the network bandwidth used by Windows which could be used by multiplayer games.

Edit 2: other than that, I believe this guide is not bad. Good job!

Edited by ibu2awesome, 07 October 2017 - 06:49 PM.

• SauronDark likes this

gDneKlZ.png

Made by Nikki so amazing <33 I'm a like whore, if I said something sensible, can you give me a like? Please?

[Utopia]=[•Atlantis]=[♦ReBuild]=[Valheru]

Jeeva

Jeeva

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,156 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black
Run mc and Java on dedicated gpu

sig-3.png

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Very helpful indeed!

Added

Microsoft sends error telemetry on trigger. If Windows experiences a glitch or exception, the stack trace is sent to Microsoft. They don't give a fuck about what 1billion people are doing and don't have the resources to track on them. Lol.

Also, Delivery Optimization can affect network bandwidth if you have other Win10 devices on the network and you're downloading a network update. In this case, it can cannibalize your network, but it will do that without optimization enabled anyway. It has minimal effect on gaming performance as it only performs network discovery when an update is detected.
Edit: Something better would be to set your connection to metered, which will constrict the network bandwidth used by Windows which could be used by multiplayer games.

Edit 2: other than that, I believe this guide is not bad. Good job!

Thanks for info :), i made changes a bit :P

Run mc and Java on dedicated gpu

You need to switch from Display driver controller, i always run all games on dedicated GPU.

btw guys, now i make changes, i need more feedback

hufMVMB.gif

ropoko

ropoko

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:white

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Updated and Improved 

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

bump! for new generation!

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

bump! for new generation!

Undated! and cleared some misconceptions :) 

Edited by SauronDark, 11 January 2018 - 05:38 AM.

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

bump for new server players :]

hufMVMB.gif

Fzuper

Fzuper

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 521 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Light Blue & Light Green pizza

Windows xp there : P

spu5ts.png

Thanks To Athu7890 for the awesome Sig :>

Spoiler

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Windows xp there : P

win XP is very insecure, and I personally rarely used it, so idk never referred Win XP on the internet, you can try searching on google for the specific win XP optimization guides on your own "risk".

see whatever here in this tutorial is tested by me, and reference from those many win 7 / win 10 guides from the internet, but most of their contents are either meaningless or placebo or some dangerous, so whatever optimization steps here in this tutorial guide are only those "effective and safe to apply" from those different guides on internet.

however, you can still apply "basic steps:" and "Minecraft Optimization:" section of this guide for your win XP.

hufMVMB.gif

Fzuper

Fzuper

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 521 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Light Blue & Light Green pizza

win XP is very insecure, and I personally rarely used it, so idk never referred Win XP on the internet, you can try searching on google for the specific win XP optimization guides on your own "risk".

see whatever here in this tutorial is tested by me, and reference from those many win 7 / win 10 guides from the internet, but most of their contents are either meaningless or placebo or some dangerous, so whatever optimization steps here in this tutorial guide are only those "effective and safe to apply" from those different guides on internet.

however, you can still apply "basic steps:" and "Minecraft Optimization:" section of this guide for your win XP.

Sure sir, and yeah iknow windows xp is really ooooooooooooold.

but i try this tip to my windows xp, idc about that should at win 7, and now i can reach 50 fps.

anyway u wasting ur time just for this tutorial, u made any peeps from "Don't know" to "I know".

I apprecate it + thank you.

Spoiler

• SauronDark likes this

spu5ts.png

Thanks To Athu7890 for the awesome Sig :>

Spoiler

PRIYANSHU945

PRIYANSHU945

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 126 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue and white
Actually I do this before this topic was made , but it's a nice guide for those who can't optimize their games

Edited by PRIYANSHU945, 13 April 2018 - 09:57 AM.

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 899 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue
Just felt out giving a note:
If you turn off Hardware acceleration on Discord, then prepare to kill your CPU.
on my laptop, an idle temperature of 45C, jumps upto 70C+, not mentioning the overall decrease in performance, without even logging in, just have discord open.
My suggestion would be to completely close (quit from System tray) when you're gonna do something which needs high FPS, or when there are lots of people/stuff going on. (PvP is a good example)

Forgot to say, 11/10 Tutorial, love it. (And yay my reply is here!)

Edited by BlueTanto, 13 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 614 posts

Just felt out giving a note:
If you turn off Hardware acceleration on Discord, then prepare to kill your CPU.
on my laptop, an idle temperature of 45C, jumps upto 70C+, not mentioning the overall decrease in performance, without even logging in, just have discord open.
My suggestion would be to completely close (quit from System tray) when you're gonna do something which needs high FPS, or when there are lots of people/stuff going on. (PvP is a good example)

Forgot to say, 11/10 Tutorial, love it. (And yay my reply is here!)

lol fixed a bit , but then why Discord claims that?

hufMVMB.gif

ALegitDot

ALegitDot

Diamond Muncher

• Server Donator
  • 780 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red

bump for new pleyors

• SauronDark and Fzuper like this

sig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FPS Boost!! oooaarghhrrrraa!!!, Window, performance, boost, fps, 10, minecraft, lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users