Photo

Windows 7 / 10 Optimization Ultimate Guide (Updated 13/4/18)

18 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

Introduction: (boring don't read)
Hi guys, these days I been busy gathering most of every aspect that affects Gaming Performance on Windows Operating System, I mean like Minecraft, its not just that enough to Installing Optifine and making all Video Setting to Low/Off to try getting best FPS and ofc will work, but we also have to look at Java and Windows OS itself as well!.

so I am here to guide some best way we can Optimize our Windows for Gaming, as well as some Minecraft Optimization Tweaks to improve your FPS a bit better, I wish if you guys help me improve this Tutorial too and also there will be a lot of Grammar/Spelling errors so plz help me correcting if any.

Disclaimer Note: ( very important!! come close to screen with a magnifying glass! to read these)
this whole guide is tested by me, and all workingly good, still there is a chance you may derply install the wrong driver, download pirated copy of windows full of viruses, or did something wrong in windows registry and got blue screen or death, deleted system32 folder, got fired from job because wiped out impotent document, your pc/laptop catch fire and burn your whole house and collapse that whole building/tower, world war III started, etc, i don't care, and I am not responsible for all of those, follow this guide very properly step by step.....  jk, sure I will help to solve any problem if you ran into, still if you following steps properly, you'll be safe :] .

Before getting started, let me teach you one thing that I am going to use, this thing -> hover here point your mouse on the dotted underlined text.

Basic Steps: (impotent and very safe)

Spoiler

Advance steps: (Easy steps)

Spoiler

Minecraft Optimization:

Spoiler

References and Sources: (I Researching all this ever since I was a bit kid, so there may be many limitless sources, but for now, I'd took help from these References during this Tutorial writing)
-ULTIMATE WINDOWS 10 GAMING & TWEAK GUIDE.
-Ultimate Windows 7 (8) OS gaming optimization guide.
-How to optimize Windows 10 for gaming and more.

Edited by SauronDark, 14 April 2018 - 09:37 AM.

• kashaf, BlueTanto, ALegitDot and 2 others like this

hufMVMB.gif

Legendary Faction Chat =[ Legendary ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Solaris ● Officer - B1 :: Dozers ● Leader - B2 :: Interstellar - B3 ]=

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Changelogs  :P

22/10/17

-updated info for the new version of Windows 10 1709.

-added 2 more tweaks.

-removed one misconception line.

-Fixed lot of grammar errors.

4/1/18

-Refurbished!!.

-Added one more tweak.

-removed lot of misconceptions.

-fixed lot of Grammar errors >.<

22/1/18

-removed that clickbait title.

-used Grammarly chrome extension to fix 50 freaking grammar mistakes lol.

13/4/18

-improved grammar.

-improved content a bit noob friendly. 

Edited by SauronDark, 13 April 2018 - 06:51 AM.

hufMVMB.gif

arabi

arabi

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 581 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

hmm.. i didnt knew about a few additional setting of gaming . Thanks for that . Quite awesome tips

• SauronDark likes this

XSoV3Dt.gif

Youtube

UniversAll

UniversAll

Pumpkin Farmer

• Server Donator
  • 123 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Sky green

Very helpful indeed!

Also remember to add "-Xmx" and "-Xmn" JVM arguments to increase RAM allocation to the game if your computer is low-end like mine, for example you can add "-Xmx 2048M" for 2 gigs of RAM allocated to the game. (source : here)

1gk6dd.jpg

The limits are blurred out.

(macros scripts/tutorial,Fil guide,shopMap)

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Very helpful indeed!

Also remember to add "-Xmx" and "-Xmn" JVM arguments to increase RAM allocation to the game if your computer is low-end like mine, for example you can add "-Xmx 2048M" for 2 gigs of RAM allocated to the game. (source : here)

yeah i know that i have ready arguments, but for now, i be concentrating on system optimization, and the source you mentioned, i had tried this 15 day ago, that actually reduce my fps in minecraft, so that one is not so good, may be those agrs for moded minecraft that why

hufMVMB.gif

ibu2awesome

ibu2awesome

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,972 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green
Microsoft sends error telemetry on trigger. If Windows experiences a glitch or exception, the stack trace is sent to Microsoft. They don't give a fuck about what 1billion people are doing and don't have the resources to track on them. Lol.

Also, Delivery Optimization can affect network bandwidth if you have other Win10 devices on the network and you're downloading a network update. In this case, it can cannibalize your network, but it will do that without optimization enabled anyway. It has minimal effect on gaming performance as it only performs network discovery when an update is detected.
Edit: Something better would be to set your connection to metered, which will constrict the network bandwidth used by Windows which could be used by multiplayer games.

Edit 2: other than that, I believe this guide is not bad. Good job!

Edited by ibu2awesome, 07 October 2017 - 06:49 PM.

• SauronDark likes this

gDneKlZ.png

Made by Nikki so amazing <33 I'm a like whore, if I said something sensible, can you give me a like? Please?

[Utopia]=[•Atlantis]=[♦ReBuild]=[Valheru]

Jeeva

Jeeva

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,152 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black
Run mc and Java on dedicated gpu

sig-3.png

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Very helpful indeed!

Added

Microsoft sends error telemetry on trigger. If Windows experiences a glitch or exception, the stack trace is sent to Microsoft. They don't give a fuck about what 1billion people are doing and don't have the resources to track on them. Lol.

Also, Delivery Optimization can affect network bandwidth if you have other Win10 devices on the network and you're downloading a network update. In this case, it can cannibalize your network, but it will do that without optimization enabled anyway. It has minimal effect on gaming performance as it only performs network discovery when an update is detected.
Edit: Something better would be to set your connection to metered, which will constrict the network bandwidth used by Windows which could be used by multiplayer games.

Edit 2: other than that, I believe this guide is not bad. Good job!

Thanks for info :), i made changes a bit :P

Run mc and Java on dedicated gpu

You need to switch from Display driver controller, i always run all games on dedicated GPU.

btw guys, now i make changes, i need more feedback

hufMVMB.gif

ropoko

ropoko

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:white

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Updated and Improved 

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

bump! for new generation!

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

bump! for new generation!

Undated! and cleared some misconceptions :) 

Edited by SauronDark, 11 January 2018 - 05:38 AM.

hufMVMB.gif

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

bump for new server players :]

hufMVMB.gif

Fzuper

Fzuper

? are staff change it?

• Server Donator
  • 386 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red

Windows xp there : P

spu5ts.png

Thanks To Athu7890 for the awesome Sig :>

Spoiler

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Windows xp there : P

win XP is very insecure, and I personally rarely used it, so idk never referred Win XP on the internet, you can try searching on google for the specific win XP optimization guides on your own "risk".

see whatever here in this tutorial is tested by me, and reference from those many win 7 / win 10 guides from the internet, but most of their contents are either meaningless or placebo or some dangerous, so whatever optimization steps here in this tutorial guide are only those "effective and safe to apply" from those different guides on internet.

however, you can still apply "basic steps:" and "Minecraft Optimization:" section of this guide for your win XP.

hufMVMB.gif

Fzuper

Fzuper

? are staff change it?

• Server Donator
  • 386 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red

win XP is very insecure, and I personally rarely used it, so idk never referred Win XP on the internet, you can try searching on google for the specific win XP optimization guides on your own "risk".

see whatever here in this tutorial is tested by me, and reference from those many win 7 / win 10 guides from the internet, but most of their contents are either meaningless or placebo or some dangerous, so whatever optimization steps here in this tutorial guide are only those "effective and safe to apply" from those different guides on internet.

however, you can still apply "basic steps:" and "Minecraft Optimization:" section of this guide for your win XP.

Sure sir, and yeah iknow windows xp is really ooooooooooooold.

but i try this tip to my windows xp, idc about that should at win 7, and now i can reach 50 fps.

anyway u wasting ur time just for this tutorial, u made any peeps from "Don't know" to "I know".

I apprecate it + thank you.

Spoiler

• SauronDark likes this

spu5ts.png

Thanks To Athu7890 for the awesome Sig :>

Spoiler

PRIYANSHU945

PRIYANSHU945

can i haz fraction

• Server Donator
  • 61 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue and white
Actually I do this before this topic was made , but it's a nice guide for those who can't optimize their games

Edited by PRIYANSHU945, 13 April 2018 - 09:57 AM.

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 842 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue
Just felt out giving a note:
If you turn off Hardware acceleration on Discord, then prepare to kill your CPU.
on my laptop, an idle temperature of 45C, jumps upto 70C+, not mentioning the overall decrease in performance, without even logging in, just have discord open.
My suggestion would be to completely close (quit from System tray) when you're gonna do something which needs high FPS, or when there are lots of people/stuff going on. (PvP is a good example)

Forgot to say, 11/10 Tutorial, love it. (And yay my reply is here!)

Edited by BlueTanto, 13 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.

SauronDark

SauronDark

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 563 posts

Just felt out giving a note:
If you turn off Hardware acceleration on Discord, then prepare to kill your CPU.
on my laptop, an idle temperature of 45C, jumps upto 70C+, not mentioning the overall decrease in performance, without even logging in, just have discord open.
My suggestion would be to completely close (quit from System tray) when you're gonna do something which needs high FPS, or when there are lots of people/stuff going on. (PvP is a good example)

Forgot to say, 11/10 Tutorial, love it. (And yay my reply is here!)

lol fixed a bit , but then why Discord claims that?

hufMVMB.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FPS Boost!! oooaarghhrrrraa!!!, Window, performance, boost, fps, 10, minecraft, lag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users