Photo

Worldedit In A Breeze With Worldedit Shortcuts For Macro Keybind!

10 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

Hurricane_32

Hurricane_32

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 931 posts

gallery_44402_26_27797.png

If you've ever used WorldEdit, you will want to install this right now!

This is a new and improved version of something I made a looong time ago.

Umm... Hurricane? What is this?

If you've ever used WorldEdit for any length of time, you will know how annoying it can be to type every command by hand for every little thing you might want to do.

This is a macro profile of shortcut keys for use with the Macro / Keybind Mod. Every basic function of WorldEdit gets mapped to a keyboard shortcut for near instant use!

It is mainly directed towards the staff of this server, who may use worldedit quite a lot, or just about any other player who simply enjoys worldediting in singleplayer and whatnot, such as myself!

Quickly selecting structures? Sure! Instantly copy pasting things around? No problem! Moving entire structures around by pressing one single button instead of typing a command? Hell yeah!

Sign me up! What do I need before I begin?

For starters, you will need to install LiteLoader. You won't get very far without it.

Then, obviously, you will need the Macro / Keybind Mod.

The WorldEditCUI mod is highly recommended. It's not required, but seriously... Install it! It will make everything so much easier... Trust me.

This is not really required, but WorldEdit itself can be installed and used in singleplayer! This, however, requires Forge. LiteLoader alone won't do. i.e. you need both.

Sounds good! How do I get it up and running?

As this isn't a simple macro with one script, but rather an entire macro profile with many keys, you will need to directly modify the configuration files of Macro / Keybind to install this.

Step 1: Browse to .minecraft\liteconfig\common\macros.

Step 2: There is a file there called .macros.txt. You will need to create a backup of this file. This is very important. Messing up the next few steps can erase every single configuration you have! And you would not want that.

Step 3: Open this

Step 4: Open the .macros.txt file i mentioned earlier. At the very end, leave one space, and paste the entire contents of the link you opened above, and save. Your .macros.txt should look like this:

Spoiler

Step 5: If you did the previous step correctly, you should see this within the mod's interface after opening the game. If so, you're done! Just select the WorldEdit Shortcuts and begin using it!

Spoiler

Awesome! How do I actually use it then?

The following hotkeys are set by default, in a way that seems most convenient to me. You can, of course, change these to whatever you want and customize it to your own liking!

It may seem complicated at first, but once you work them out, you will be worlediting faster than you can say "holy shit this is awesome! :D"

Miscellaneous commands

CTRL + Q = //wand
CTRL + J = Stair tool, made by theamdman - Replaces all stairs of the specified ID with ones of a second specified ID, within the selection, with the correct directional values.
CTRL + F1 = Displays a brief credits text into chat (only visible in your client)

Clipboard commands

CTRL + Z = //undo
CTRL + Y = //redo

CTRL + X = //cut
CTRL + C = //copy
CTRL + V = //paste

CTRL + , (comma) = //rotate -90 - Rotates the clipboard counter-clockwise
CTRL + . (period) = //rotate 90 - Rotates the clipboard clockwise

CTRL + O = //schem save - Saves your clipboard to a schematic, and allows you to keep a local list of schematics. Uses the $$0 preset text list by default. If you're already using this for something else, change it. If you don't know what that is, ignore this.
CTRL + L = //schem load - Same as above, but loads (duh tongue.png)

Selection and block modification commands

CTRL + 1 = //pos1
CTRL + 2 = //pos2

CTRL + E = //set - Prompts you once. All blocks in the region get replaced to the block you chose
CTRL + R = //replace - Prompts you twice. All blocks that match the first prompt get replaced with the second.

CTRL + Backspace = //desel
CTRL + Insert = Replaces all air blocks in the selection with the specified block.
CTRL + Delete = Replaces all blocks in the selection with air.

Quick region modification and block moving commands
This is where all the magic starts happening! The meat and potatoes of this profile. Buckle up! This is not for the faint of heart. Seriously.

I will attempt to explain these functions as best as I can, as it may seem extremely complicated. Still, practice is the best learning tool!

These functions require the use of the Number Pad, and as such, the Num Lock key must be enabled at all times for these to work!

They also do not require CTRL to be held down.

Now, there exist two modifer keys. By default, they are Scroll Lock, and Numpad 5 (the latter which will be called Secondary Function, or SecFN for short).

These modify the behaviour of the 8 (front), 6 (right), 2 (back), 4 (left), 9 (up) and 3 (down) numpad keys. These are the keys you will be using the most.

Each of these keys have 4 different functions, depending on those two modifiers. These modifiers each work with a toggle.

If Scroll Lock is disabled, SecFN toggles between region expand, and region contract mode.

In region expand mode, the numpad keys make the region larger in the direction you press, relative to your position.

In region contract mode, it makes the region smaller in those directions. 

If Scroll Lock is enabled, SecFN enables and disables block moving mode.

When block moving mode is disabled, the entire selection will move in the direction you pressed. 

When block moving mode is enabled, every block within the region will move with the region itself, in the direction you pressed.

Oh, and there are these two keys

Numpad + = //outset
Numpad - = //inset

I had to awkwardly include them here tongue.png, but they don't do anything special unlike the others.

In case all of these shortcut indications were too confusing, you can also bask in the glory of this noise-ridden low-light potato-quality photo and very crappily-made shortcut diagram of my keyboard! This RGB profile for Razer Chroma Keyboards is available for download here. Just import it within Synapse.

Spoiler

OK... After that massive and almost incomprehensible wall of text, is there anything else I need to know?

Actually yes, but don't worry, we're almost over here. Don't fall asleep yet! tongue.png

When you use some shortcuts, such as CTRL + R for //replace, you may be prompted with this:

Spoiler

This screen allows you to choose from any block that exists within the game, instead of having to look up IDs. Unfortunately, this does not work for things like the IDs of colored wool. The reason for this is unknown.

Also, make sure that the "Replace all occurences" box is unticked! If not, it will cause issues with //replace. Basically, nothing would happen as it would be replacing one type of block with the same! It needs to prompt you twice.

When you press CTRL + O or CTRL + L to save or load a schematic, you will see this screen:

Spoiler

This will allow you to keep a list of schematics for your convenience. Do note, however, that this is only a list created by Macro / Keybind, and it is stored locally on your computer. Deleting items from this list will not delete schematics. Schematic files are stored on the server, or, in case you're using WorldEdit in singleplayer, they are stored in .minecraft\config\worldedit\schematics, and must be deleted from there.

Phew, and we're finally done! biggrin.png

I hope you enjoyed this! It sure did take me a while to make! Please leave me feedback on what you think.

Happy WorldEditing!

PS: I have also uploaded this entire post into the forums download section, and is awaiting approval tongue.png

Edited by Hurricane_32, 15 September 2017 - 07:27 PM.

• LordGeokal, ashinshugar, Empyrean and 10 others like this

ashinshugar

ashinshugar

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,623 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

Looks good! :) :D B)

+1

• Hurricane_32 likes this

UNO7fkm.gif

BlueTanto

BlueTanto

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 866 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue
Definitely trying this out in single player when I can :P

ALegitDot

ALegitDot

Diamond Muncher

• Server Donator
  • 752 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red
I'm adding this to my mods folder woot

sig.png

munslogic

munslogic

i like sherbert

• Server Donator
  • 1,838 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black

Not a MOD user here but i think this would be very helpful for me. TY ty 

-----=====[!] Bleehhh [!]=====-----

Posted Image

:bunny: Setting Fires To Keep You Warm :bunny:

Igaru

Igaru

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 421 posts
What if your keyboard has a built in macro software should i really install that or just use my existing keyboard software

Edited by Igaru, 16 September 2017 - 01:00 AM.

h0C85km.png
♦♦ [B4]Nicquid ♦♦ ♦♦[B1]CrimsonHaven♦♦

Igaru

Igaru

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 421 posts
Ok w8 found the razer thingy below
Thanks ill try this later

h0C85km.png
♦♦ [B4]Nicquid ♦♦ ♦♦[B1]CrimsonHaven♦♦

Hurricane_32

Hurricane_32

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 931 posts

Ok w8 found the razer thingy below
Thanks ill try this later

That .razerchroma file is only an RGB lighting profile, not a macro profile. You must use Macro Keybind because it ties in closely with Minecraft, and because of this there are certain functions that only the mod itself can do, and are difficult if not completely impossible to do otherwise.

Edited by Hurricane_32, 16 September 2017 - 02:35 AM.

Venomencer

Venomencer

Hahaha too young to Die...

• Server Donator
  • 721 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Aqua

I'm Bookmarking this page it's helpful indeed. Though Macros confuses me all the time I need this for Single player. I'll definitely give it a try. :)

Thanks Irma (bad joke again sry)

Edited by Venomencer, 16 September 2017 - 02:40 PM.

giphy.gif
[B1] TheForbiddenCity | [B2] DweresHollow | [B3] NightBeacon | [B4] DrVenomsLab
-=[i!i] NOTHING TOUCHES THE HEART LIKE MY VENOM : [i!i]=-

LordGeokal

LordGeokal

Don't forum whore to get one of these

• Server Donator
  • 2,570 posts
Sweet, it will save alot of time.

naNSECQ.png