General Conduct Rules and Guidelines

36 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

cats213

cats213

Forum Whore in Training

• Administrator
  • 2,488 posts
It in a way troubles me tat i have to post this but due to recent events i must. Many of you know that we are pretty liberal with our rules concerning language and we will remain to do so, however there are some areas that need restrictions as well as rules that need to put in place concerning the more extreme scenarios.

Now let me get something straight, i too was once like the rest of you. I made posts telling goldragon83 to go kill himself to get one more like. I told people their fathers raped them for a simple "lol" and i told people they were pathetic pieces of shit to make people like me. Guess what guys? It doesnt work. yeah sure your like count might go up by one, but you lose respect for yourself, and you couldve really just hurt someone. What i learned is being myself, posting useful things, and being intelligent when i typed got me far more likes. Lets compare, around golddragon83 time i had somewhere around 75ish likes; now i have 375. Big difference.

So the moral to learn from that is not to just cuss cause you can in order to get your like count up, but instead post respectful, helpful pieces of information and itll boost it that much faster. But whats the overall issue here?

Well recently there was a situation where it quickly got out of hand (because the staff werent notified there was an issue in the first place) and people were really hurt. On top of this relationships were damaged, feelings were ruined, and for all intents and purposes, a war started. People need to tell the staff before posting angrily and making themselves look like fools. But beyond this, unless someone is being a real douchebag, refrain from going over the top. Yeah we all like to vent, staff included, but there are limits. I am not telling people they have to stop anything, but keep in mind what you are typing as you are typing it, and as most of the staff has learned; dont type when angry. Some of you wonder why we take so long in ban appeals sometimes, and Flak's posts are prime examples, he makes it very clear "I need to clear my head right now, i cant deal with this shit, bump it tomorrow". So if youre angry, wait till the next day. Besides, some of my best zingers have come to me overnight.

Dont start wars, this means jacking someones thread and pissing them off. This is specifically about faction recruitment. Think about this, before you go telling someone how shitty their faction is, think about how others might view yours. Compared to Ravina, Metro, and Eutopia most factions are pretty low on the totem pole. For Ravina it is partly because of the structures, the land, the system, but also the respect. Ask any one of my members, they have my full respect and i expect it from them, i have even messaged members on the forums for their posts reprimanding them. Reputation is everything, and sometimes the best thing to do for yourself is to keep your nose clean.

Dont post in ban appeals, this means everyone. The only time you can is if you reported the situation or have very important information. Consider this, forum account shave faced penalties for posting their, are you willing to risk it based on the quality of your info? Even staff tend to stay out of other staff's appeals unless they need to post, because a cluttered ban appeal is hard to process.

Finally, dont send hateful pms, you will be banned for this and i am not kidding. Admins can see all pms on forums and we do randomly check, so i suggest thinking about what you say before you say it.

Have fun everyone and please enjoy TE.
  • assassin225, zavidog, Pen and 17 others like this
Posted Image

Crackedskull

Crackedskull

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 243 posts
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. -Buddha

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love.-Buddha

Basically follow Buddha's teachings and everything will be fine people.

• itdutin and TeraByte998 like this
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crackedskull

Moderator of ravina

assassin225

assassin225

The Coookie WHORE

• 4,089 posts
You out done yourself this time cats ;)
  • NatsukiSubaru39 likes this

GIv7v0h.gif

kkkthnksbye

kkkthnksbye

연꽃

• Server Donator
  • 732 posts
Well said cats, I think this should have stickied a long time ago. I find it very disheartening when I see people in the TE community start arguing over petty things. I myself have been caught in many flame wars online etc before. I know that everyone here has good intentions but sometimes things get out of hand too quick. I guess it's just a matter of self control. We just need to recognize who are the trolls, and when to stop feeding them :)
The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell.

Posted Image

<3 Mangekyou

TheBaron12

TheBaron12

Official Server Brick Thrower

• 2,779 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Royal Blue
well said

mPjZ3Gn.jpg
Amateur DJ, Musician, Public Speaker, Activist, Friend.
Owner of Spartans - Officer of Shockerz

EnjoiWA

EnjoiWA

old thread troll

• Server Donator
  • 1,435 posts
Amen brother Cats.
Posted Image

zavidog

zavidog

The Mighty

• Assistant
  • 3,296 posts
very Well put cats

Yeah we all like to vent, staff included, but there are limits. I am not telling people they have to stop anything, but keep in mind what you are typing as you are typing it, and as most of the staff has learned; dont type when angry. Some of you wonder why we take so long in ban appeals sometimes, and Flak's posts are prime examples, he makes it very clear "I need to clear my head right now, i cant deal with this shit, bump it tomorrow". So if youre angry, wait till the next day. Besides, some of my best zingers have come to me overnight.

I think this applies to me a lot for that post the other day :(

LftHQUp.png

Click >>> Here <<< for Invision's Recruitment Page            Status

TheBaron12

TheBaron12

Official Server Brick Thrower

• 2,779 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Royal Blue
Zavi I actually think it has to do with the whole faction recruitment being a douche thingy and the server slander. Not you, but whatever. :P

mPjZ3Gn.jpg
Amateur DJ, Musician, Public Speaker, Activist, Friend.
Owner of Spartans - Officer of Shockerz

acdcrockme

acdcrockme

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 868 posts
Very true cats

acdcrockme_zps5547b25a.gif

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
Very Well put. Oh and you miss spelled that in the first line.

*Insert Signature Here*

RIP Redstone Goddess... We Will Always Miss You Smobz <3!

RIP Serah... We will always miss you RainbowShy! <3

*Click Me* for a Metal Heads Facebook Page

Promarksman117

Promarksman117

Titty Sprinkles

• Server Donator
  • 1,000 posts
I agree cats. people have been having a fucking swearing problem lately

zavidog

zavidog

The Mighty

• Assistant
  • 3,296 posts
Wow Pro bit of a hyprocrite?

LftHQUp.png

Click >>> Here <<< for Invision's Recruitment Page            Status

Toots

Toots

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 36 posts
^

Let's hope you two don't start an argue on this specific topic...

Promarksman117

Promarksman117

Titty Sprinkles

• Server Donator
  • 1,000 posts

^

Let's hope you two don't start an argue on this specific topic...

and just what the hell are you trying to say? I am stating that there is a fucking swearing problem going on lately and stating that in the conduct thread.

Guest_Celes_*

Guest_Celes_*
  • Guests

Dont start wars, this means jacking someones thread and pissing them off. This is specifically about faction recruitment.

how about harassing someone and trying to provoke them in random threads all over the forum, even in ban appeal section?

http://forums.teamex...dpost__p__44821
http://forums.teamex...dpost__p__44895
http://forums.teamex...dpost__p__45635
http://forums.teamex...dpost__p__44900
http://forums.teamex...dpost__p__44892

Toots

Toots

Cobble Builder

• Members
  • 36 posts

and just what the hell are you trying to say? I am stating that there is a fucking swearing problem going on lately and stating that in the conduct thread.

Who said something about your stating?

I was talking about zavi post. You could've took that to your personal side... Don't go all mad, lol

Promarksman117

Promarksman117

Titty Sprinkles

• Server Donator
  • 1,000 posts

Who said something about your stating?

I was talking about zavi post. You could've took that to your personal side... Don't go all mad, lol

I think you have a fucking problem with me. I was only stating that we do have a fucking swearing problem going on and I dont like it. Your fucking attitude is starting to make me mad.

cats213

cats213

Forum Whore in Training

• Administrator
  • 2,488 posts

I think you have a fucking problem with me. I was only stating that we do have a fucking swearing problem going on and I dont like it. Your fucking attitude is starting to make me mad.

I am assuming you are attempting to use something called "sarcasm" but if not, i suggest you stop. If you are, clarify for those who just arent getting it lol.
  • Toots likes this
Posted Image

fatso113

fatso113

Fuck off

• Assistant
  • 593 posts

Chill man

Promarksman117

Promarksman117

Titty Sprinkles

• Server Donator
  • 1,000 posts

I am assuming you are attempting to use something called "sarcasm" but if not, i suggest you stop. If you are, clarify for those who just arent getting it lol.

yes I am using sarcasm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users