11 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

simbaorka101

simbaorka101

Not Getting started

• Server Donator
  • 1,491 posts

Hello,

Over the years I've noticed that gta iv has pretty high review scores on a lot of sites, even 10/10 on ign and gamespot. I've always wondered why is that, but for some reason never bothered to look into it.

The first gta game I played was gta 3, I found it pretty good(at the time it was one of the best games), then some time later I found out about GTA:SA. The first time I played it was at the friends house and soon after i downloaded it on my pc as well. In total I spent hundreds of hours on the game, it's easily one of the best games ever made. 

Then I found out about GTA IV, I was like cool this is going to be like beyond amazing. The day came and I installed it on my pc, when i started playing it I was beyond disappointed. I expected gta sa with better graphics, improved systems and some new features(gta v did a 85-95% good job on what i expected from gta IV and i guess the theme is different so some features don't make sense anymore anyways). What we got instead was a better version of an older game, gta 3. On top of that the better version of gta 3 still didn't come even close to SA. If gta iv was released before SA i think it would be a decent sequel but since it's released after it's just a disappointment.

Here are my reasons(this is subjective opinion rather than analysis because I don't remember every detail of both games anymore but I'm sure people who agree/disagree would name the same categories at least):

1.The characters in SA are better and more fun

2.In SA you had pretty much every vehicle category you can find in games, in gta IV you had only boats, helicopters and cars(reduction in at least 2 types)

3.Car tunning, one of the bigger issues, really leaving this out could've just stabbed that rating rockstar, and i'm not even a cars fan at all

4.Performance issues

5.car handling is horrible

6.Territory system gone, I know the theme may not fit the whole gang turf war thing but something like mafia style managing would be fine, I'm sure they could figure something out if they wanted to.

7.Overall variety is decreased in every aspect.

8.It overall feels like a mod for gta 3.

I think giving this game a 10/10 is one of the biggest insults to gaming ever.

I'd like to know what people here think about this topic...

amwXvDO.png

BlackWhoozah

BlackWhoozah

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red

GTA SA is better XD

xDevil022

xDevil022

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 897 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Purple

GTA SA was the days I have an illegal copy in my draw.

No longer to sell in AUS as it's banned here....

x51C937.png

Net_Hunterr

Net_Hunterr

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,816 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red
I am I big GTA fan, I got GTA vice city, GTA San Andreas, GTA 3, GTA IV (all 3 parts) and GTA 5

I first got GTA vice city and it turned out to be a good game cause I always like games like that. So to find more such games I found GTA 3 which has a main big problem in it. There are no bikes in the game. Then I found GTA San Andreas which was pretty cool due to accessibility to every vehicle and also the map was a lot bigger than GTA vice city and GTA 3. So then I found out that Rockstar is gonna release GTA 4 and I prefer ordered it. I like D how they added the phone in it and how it has got 3 characters in 3 different games. Then Rockstar took that idea and made GTA 5 with 3 characters in one game.

If we compare GTA San Andreas and GTA 4, GTA 4 has cool graphics and is made much reslistic like if we shoot a tire, it gets flattened slowly and if we shoot it at an angle it bursts. In GTA San Andreas there's nothing like this, but due to bigger map and cool missions GTA San Andreas is a cool game
  • Jessica__ likes this

PUNk_Uchiha

PUNk_Uchiha

can i haz fraction

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black
Gta 4 is only good in physx....its physx r slighty better than gta 5

BlueYchamp

BlueYchamp

Hehehehehehehe :)

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue
Gta iv does not have much difference to sa but sa better :/

--==[by>Trader<by]==--

BlueYchampSignaturegif.gif

iBubbleGum

iBubbleGum

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 579 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

GTA SA Multiplayer is still going strong after all these years,

Best multiplayer for gangs, gunfights and capturing turfs :D

Jeeva

Jeeva

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,131 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Black

GTA SA Multiplayer is still going strong after all these years,

Best multiplayer for gangs, gunfights and capturing turfs :D

tho couldnt find a gud server,none can be trusted des days..(care to play wit me?)

sig-3.png

KingMaximus

KingMaximus

Asked assassin to give me a title, but he just gave me this inst

• Banned
  • 402 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Purple

GTA san andreas, beats all the series of gta, Awesome story, and my childhood game. :P (2005)

lnKSMA2.png?1
                                                                                      B2=[Shangrila]=[Leader] B4=[Valheru]=[Member]

Revolt

Revolt

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

I never heard GTA SA multiplayer LUL I played it and completed likely 1 or 2yrs ago  :D

ken-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

zasx6ba

zasx6ba

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Red

Story wise imma give 8.7/10 for GTA 4

9.2/10 for GTA SA

6yBW5X0.png

Shadow_115

Shadow_115

Shop Owner

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:idk yet

i have almost every gta ( but its cracked lol) i remember the days that i first play gta san andreas at 10 fps cause i forgot to switch off anti aliansing (it was 4x :D) :rolleyes:  :D my pc almost get bricked  :brick:  :brick:  :brick:  :tnt:

• Petrovakia likes this

tsag6UE.jpg

"We Quell the Storm and Ride the Thunder"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users