General FAQ - Read First

109 replies to this topic

cats213

cats213

Forum Whore in Training

• Administrator
  • 2,488 posts

Connect at: Play.TeamExtremeMC.com

In an attempt to clean up questions and help, as well as make it easier for you to find the answers you need i am starting this thread. I will do my best to add in basic questions NOT ANSWERED IN THE LIBRARY. If you have a question you want added post it in here and once it is answered we will delete the reply so that the post remains clean.

We have a forum version of the library here:

http://forums.teamex...-forum-version/

Q. What is griefing?

A. I hear this question a lot so i will do my best to answer it as fully as possible. Griefing is the theft or destruction of property (intentionally or otherwise). This happens when you break into a house, take items from a chest, or kill a player. It also is griefing when you make an attempt to steal items, when you destroy blocks maliciously, claim other people's items, or otherwise remove from someone else's possession what is rightfully theirs.

Q. What is scamming and is it against the rules?

A. Scamming is most certainly against the rules. If you attempt to cheat someone out of their items on purpose then it is a bannable offense. We make every effort we can to make this server fun and fair to play on. If you do anything to cheat others out of what they've worked for, you will be punished for it.

Q. I can see ores when i mine because I installed a glassy texture pack, is this okay?

A. This is called x-raying. It is perfectly okay to have this installed on your client, however it is not okay to have it
active on the server. People tend to think they can get away with x-raying. I will make this painfully clear for you so you have no excuse. We can see when you x-ray no matter what you do to hide it. We will ban you. X-ray bans cannot be appealed. If you use something to illegitimately obtain diamonds it will be GG for you.

Q. The faction next to us has gone inactive. Can you disband it for us?

A. It is general practice not to manually disband factions. After all members in the faction are 31 days inactive they
will be auto disbanded. If the faction is 32+ days inactive we tend to disband them manually. If you do find a faction 32+ days inactive you can report it on the forums, and a staff member might disband it for you.

Q. How can I find wilderness?

A. This is actually a very good and common question. Before I answer it i would like to point out that though the library does say to find wilderness, create a faction, and claim it, this is only if you are willing to make the  investment. Quite honestly unless you have the skills, the time, and the money it is the worst idea to make your own faction and start claiming land. Why? Because most people create small factions in the middle of a cluster of other factions and this is a mess. The best idea is to join a preexisting faction and build there. I also recommend  joining a premade faction because it is the best way to start out, you meet friendly new people, and they will help you get what you need to start making money. If joining a premade isnt for you, then be prepared to walk. I suggest going southwest, it is the most untouched (as of the moment). You can also try being reallly really really nice to a mod, suck up to them and beg them to teleport you out to somewhere far far away but this likely wont work and if you bug them more than once, they will ban you. If you ask me ingame, and im not busy, i might do it for you as well.

Q.Where can i find texture packs for my client?

A. Generally, people find their texture packs online at various sites. There are hundreds of them out there and it is as simple as doing a google search. With premium texture packs make sure you follow the instructions in order to get them to work with your client. Some of our members have made their own texture packs, and these can be found in our multimedia section.

Any Minecraft texture pack can be used with our client. The only difference between ours and premium is you cannot use a skin, and you cannot connect to premium servers. The only texture pack we do not allow is a glassy texture pack which allows you to see ores.

• zavidog, Parlor_Tonic, Pen and 11 others like this
Posted Image

silenoz

silenoz

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts
I downloaded the torrent, but it is 1.4.2 will it work on the server since it is 1.4.5?

Starmie

Starmie

I'm a star in my own world

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

I downloaded the torrent, but it is 1.4.2 will it work on the server since it is 1.4.5?

Nope so you need to update it ;)

cluelesscargo

cluelesscargo

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts
I try to connect, but it says '' Cant reach server '' idk what to do
  • FranticInsanity and Pritpatel14 like this

Flakman

Flakman

That's Mr. Forum Whore to you!

• Administrator
  • 6,831 posts
Server down for a move at the moment.
Posted Image

Sig by Mangekyou

superhighguy420

superhighguy420

Noobie

• Members
  • 2 posts
how to register when u go online in minecraft i tryed to type /register and them a madeup password i torrent the minecraft 1.4.5 i really want to play on your sever i am very new playing online on minecraft and it looks a lot of funplex help if u can i am a noob :(
  • SAVAGEDIGGER77 likes this

Thynell

Thynell

Sexy Eyes

• Server Donator
  • 384 posts

how to register when u go online in minecraft i tryed to type /register and them a madeup password i torrent the minecraft 1.4.5 i really want to play on your sever i am very new playing online on minecraft and it looks a lot of funplex help if u can i am a noob :(

Register with: /register passwordofyourchoice
Login with: /login passwordyouchoose

Rest of the commands are in the library/spawn where you start.

Posted Image

Everything I do, write and say is based on my opinions and are not necessarily the faction's official view and position.

superhighguy420

superhighguy420

Noobie

• Members
  • 2 posts
well i tryed i know i am doiing it right i press T and i type /register and my password with a space and with out spaces like so /register bigbudguy and i tryed to login in the way i was sopose to do need help if i can some ty sorry if i am missing something anf not getting it if its that easy

XxDemonSwordxX

XxDemonSwordxX

Noobie

• Members
  • 3 posts
I just got this and i just went to go on the multiplayer server, it wasnt there, anyone know the ip?

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
IP: play.teamextrememc.com

*Insert Signature Here*

RIP Redstone Goddess... We Will Always Miss You Smobz <3!

RIP Serah... We will always miss you RainbowShy! <3

*Click Me* for a Metal Heads Facebook Page

ASCIIgod

ASCIIgod

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 14 posts
im using 3 mods for my client and im curious if its legal for me to use then online... i have forge, rei minimap and smart moving... are those lefal to be used? thanks in advance

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
Smart moving?
Does it make you go faster or what?

*Insert Signature Here*

A tab

A tab

Banned

• Members
  • 1,494 posts
The Smart Moving mod provides various additional moving possibilities
  • Climbing only via gaps in the walls
  • Climbing ladders with different speeds depending on ladder coverage and/or neighbour blocks
  • Alternative animations for flying and falling
  • Climbing along ceilings and up vines
  • Jumping up & back while climbing
  • Configurable sneaking
  • Alternative swimming
  • Alternative diving
  • Alternative flying
  • Faster sprinting
  • Side & Back jumps
  • Charged jumps
  • Wall jumping
  • Head jumps
  • Crawling
  • Sliding

I don't see anything illegal here. So yeah, I think you can play with it. Unless you can fly in survival. Then you can't.
Posted Image
Guess who made it...

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
No, faster moving is illegal.
You cant use smart moving but the others yes.

*Insert Signature Here*

A tab

A tab

Banned

• Members
  • 1,494 posts
Is it? I've never seen someone getting banned for that nor have I seen warnings about it on the server.
Posted Image
Guess who made it...

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
You cant. It cheats the game.

*Insert Signature Here*

A tab

A tab

Banned

• Members
  • 1,494 posts
OK, I don't do it anyway.
Posted Image
Guess who made it...

Lord Polydeukis

Lord Polydeukis

Mad Scientist

• Server Donator
  • 1,606 posts
is climbing walls ok?

G9MMzMy.gif

Dani123

Dani123

Staff Story Writer

• Server Donator
  • 1,041 posts
Well not really. Unless there are ladders or vines that are making you climb. No

*Insert Signature Here*

cats213

cats213

Forum Whore in Training

• Administrator
  • 2,488 posts
I believe raid has stated that since the flying ban, smart moving is banned as well. The issue isnt the ability to do those things but instead that it can theoretically be used to load chunks faster and increase the lag. My advice is uninstalling that mod and just living without. As far as people being banned for mods like that, I personally have banned quite a few.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users