Photo

Adamantine On Build World 3 Recruitment (Laputa / Ember City Project)

38 replies to this topic

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

pe1MfQy.png

Adamantine V3 Recruitment

With Team Extreme V3 around the corner, I’ve decided to begin planning for a large themed faction. Before I continue I’ll share a bit of history (behind the spoiler) about myself as a player as these days I hardly ever see familiar faces. If you don’t care much about that just read ahead

Spoiler

For Team Extreme V3 I will be starting a faction named Adamantine on one of the new build servers. This faction will be strictly themed with two very large (14x14 chunk) megabuilds. Floating above the land or water will be Laputa (based on Laputa: Castle in the Sky). This is an enormous build by itself but there’s another project that will be taking place underground. Below the surface there will be a large underground city based on The City of Ember. Both of these builds will take some time to complete and should prove to be a fun challenge. If Laputa is built over land, the surface will be open with plots that members can build in (Plots will also be available on Laputa itself, and in the underground city, regardless). If built above water we may do something like a city upon floating barges with bridges and things of that nature. I’ll get a feel for what people want to do and go from there. Now for some details about the faction and what I’ll need from people who want to join.

Let me start off by explaining Laputa in more detail. This build in particular will serve as the faction home. This floating castle has a lot of surface area that can either be covered with trees/gardens or used as plots. Within the castle are huge chambers that I plan to use for faction facilities such as farms, hotel, shops, workshops etc. There are also many passageways that encircle the structure with hidden doors and rooms. We will build the main structure first and then add more details and flesh out the large empty chambers with whatever it is we need. All materials for this build will be provided as needed for non-EVIP players. I have pictures of the basic main structure below for reference. Again, once this is built, we’ll decorate it up some more and change up some blocks to make it more visually appealing as it’s rather plain in its basic form.
Spoiler

The second major build is going to be The City of Ember. This will be based off the description from the book as well as visuals from the film. I don’t have a reference Minecraft build for this project but it will be planned out based on the photos below. This section of the faction will have a central city with open plots surrounding it where members can build their homes for that section within the theme.  All materials for the central section of this part will be provided as needed for non-EVIP members.
Spoiler

The surface, be it water or land, will be where members can build in their own style upon their plots. Once again, this will either be open plots on land, or bridge-connected areas on top of water. No pictures for this as it’s pretty much your everyday faction setup more-or-less.

What I need to make this faction work:

-The faction will need 25 players in order to claim the land required for this project

-Adamantine will need a co-leader (preferably someone who is on during the day eastern US time)

-Adamantine will need 3 other officers to help with recruitment and to manage moderation tasks in the faction.

-Adamantine could really use some EVIPs as the Laputa build alone is a huge floating castle and the use of /fly and creative mode will make things much easier.

-Adamantine will absolutely need dedicated players (VIP or not) who are willing to work together to make this whole thing happen. The goal is to get this done, add a warp, and have it as a place for everyone on the server to visit, explore, and enjoy.

Things you should know before joining:

-This faction will be on a new build server, and will not be on the same server as the popular V3 City project.  I realize many people (myself included) are interested in that large project and I want to be clear that this faction is not meant to compete with it.  You have the ability to join both if you so desire.

-If you want to join simply to help build and leave afterward, that is fine, however, I would like to know in advance if that is your plan.

-There will be a height limit for the surface section of the faction. Because Laputa is so massive, this is simply unavoidable. You’ll still be able to build multiple stories up, but you won’t be making any towers that top out at 256 (especially at the very center).

-If you don’t want to help with the building of the major projects but still wish to join the faction, that is also okay. We could always use the claims to make this a reality. Be advised that your rank will remain at recruit while the projects are underway. I would also like to know this in advance.

-Griefing of any kind will not be tolerated. I’ve been pretty lax in the past and have generally given faction members a second chance (especially for small or obvious accidents), but with this project, it is imperative that members do not break anything they didn’t place unless specifically instructed to do so. I will be extremely adamant about reporting griefs. If you do something accidentally, PM me on the forums immediately or expect to be reported.

-Non EVIP members are free to help with the Laputa build at their own risk. This is a floating structure and you will die if you fall. The faction will not replace your items, so be careful up there (or set a /f home macro).

-If you have past drama with other faction members, squash it. We’ll all be working together and nobody wants attitudes getting in the way.

What to Expect:

-In the first day, the surface underneath where Laputa is to be built will be set up so that players can start building on their own plots. A height limit will be in place to allow room for the floating castle and players should go in understanding that the area under the castle will be in shadow so lighting will be important. A temporary /f home will be set up on the bottom layer of the Laputa build where non-EVIP players will be able to jump into shallow water to get to the surface of the faction if desired. This will allow EVIPs and non-EVIPs to get up to Laputa to help with the build simply by using /f home.

-Throughout the first week, the main concern will be Laputa, and for players without EVIP who are afraid of falling and losing stuff, they can begin clearing the underground to start preparations for The City of Ember.

-By the end of the second week, with a few EVIP players, I expect the main structure of Laputa will be complete. Depending on how much underground has been cleared at that time, road layouts for The City of Ember could begin.

-By the end of the first month of V3, Laputa should be fully decorated (certain blocks replaced for visual appeal, various decorative items added throughout the interior), the city center for The City of Ember should be complete, and plots for the underground city should be assigned.

Preferences and Requirements:

-There is a soft age requirement of 16+. This is due to the fact that using Teamspeak will be important while the main builds are underway. Under 16 is still okay, but it’s simply not preferred and you may be looked over in favor of an older player. If you’re not planning on participating in the main builds, there is no set age limit. I simply ask that you exercise a decent level of maturity whether you’re 10 or 70.  *update* The use of Teamspeak for the main build of Laputa is not quite as important as I am working on layer-by-layer plans that members can use as a guide whenever they feel like pitching in.  The structure will be built layer-by-layer from the bottom up.

-EVIPs are preferred over all other players due to the nature of the builds.
-You absolutely must have a good history on TE. Previous bans will be scrutinized and considered strongly in your application. Serious bans such as major griefing or repeat theft are instant disqualifiers.

-Players must know the basic ins and outs of Minecraft. If you’re a brand new player and don’t know where to “get stuff” or find out what Y level you’re currently on, or ask things like “how do I build”, I must suggest you seek out a different faction.

-A decent grasp of the English language is required until the time comes that I have an officer who can translate to Tagalog or any other heavily used language on the server. This requirement will be updated if that should happen.

Member List:
(EVIP) Parlor_Tonic (Co-Leader)

(EVIP) Ashinshugar (Co-Leader)

(EVIP) Aecius
(EVIP) Lie98

(EVIP) Monolyth1
(EVIP) Skullzorz

(SVIP) Godfather007

(SVIP) Kashaf
(SVIP) NinjaBatPlayz

(VIP) Yongki_A18

Chillibabe

Chillibang

Dr_Dope

Firefistasce

Application:

If you understand what you’ve read above and are interested in joining Adamantine, please complete the form below as a reply to this post. All applications will be considered and an approval or denial will be sent as a PM.

Character Name:

VIP rank:

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know):

Can you use Teamspeak?:

How long have you been a player on TE?:

What time of day are you usually on?:

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason):

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which):

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?:

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience):

Any other comments:

Edited by Parlor_Tonic, 26 March 2016 - 09:19 AM.

• Aecius, Ebel, zompoc and 3 others like this

Skullzorz

Skullzorz

Enderdragon Slayer

• Banned
  • 1,137 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:DarkBlue

Character Name: Skullzorz

VIP rank: EVip

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know): 13

Can you use Teamspeak?: Nope 

How long have you been a player on TE?: 3Months More

What time of day are you usually on?: Everyday 

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason): Nope

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which): 8/10

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?: Yep Of Course

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience): Yep Im Excited For That :)

Any other comments:  Nope :)

bDFVG8y.gif

http://forums.teamex...-build-4/page-1

You Wanna Join My Faction Magnificient In Build 4 Apply Us !   

JoshZFMS

JoshZFMS

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 595 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

Character Name:NinjaBatPlayz

VIP rank:Svip

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know):16

Can you use Teamspeak?:Yes But Somethimes

How long have you been a player on TE?: 4 months

What time of day are you usually on?:idk ? 

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason):nope

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which):yes filipino

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?:Yep Of Course

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience):Yes ! Im A Good Officer 

Any other comments:   Haha xD Sincerly Yours NinjaBatPlayz

Thanks For Kickers  For This Awesome Signature
                                                          9jcXIkA

Yongki18

Yongki18

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 131 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

Character Name:Yongki_A18

VIP rank: None

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know):16

Can you use Teamspeak?: SURE

How long have you been a player on TE?: 7 months- 1year

What time of day are you usually on?: Everyday

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason):Yeah, i think u know this :D

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which):yes, Indonesian, Chinese, Germany, and Javanese :D

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?:Yes

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience):Yes ! You know me Parlor :D I can take good care of it!!

Any other comments:  Nope :D

ashinshugar

ashinshugar

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,653 posts
You know my name, you know all the pertinent info, consider this an application :) (yes I feel like being a bit smart assy and what have ya today)
  • Parlor_Tonic likes this

UNO7fkm.gif

Lie98

Lie98

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 266 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Red

Character Name: lie98

VIP rank: Evip

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know): Pm preferred.

Can you use Teamspeak?: Nope.

How long have you been a player on TE?: 4-5 months

What time of day are you usually on?: 8am-1pm (EST)

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason): Never.

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which): Not anyone that are mostly spoken on the server

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?: Sure.

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience): Not really.

Any other comments: No.

http://sigrotor.com/rotas/2460

godfather..!..

godfather..!..

Cobble Builder

• Server Donator
  • 46 posts

VIP rank: SVIP

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know):  19

Can you use Teamspeak?:  Nope. but i can give it a try

How long have you been a player on TE?: 4 months

What time of day are you usually on?: Everyday ( 3 - 4 hrs ) 1:00 pm to 4-5 pm ( IST )

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason): No

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which):  German , hindi 

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?: yeah

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience): no

Any other comments:  nope 

Edited by godfather..!.., 08 February 2016 - 05:24 AM.

wQdjI8l.gif

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

Updated main post to reflect that materials will be provided as needed for non-EVIP members participating in the main builds.   Also made some clarification to the Teamspeak preference, stating it isn't too important for the main Laputa build as I am working on layer by layer plans for the build for members to use as a reference whenever they feel like pitching in.

Edited by Parlor_Tonic, 08 February 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• Kuchhi likes this

Lie98

Lie98

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 266 posts

bumping this to the top.

http://sigrotor.com/rotas/2460

ashinshugar

ashinshugar

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,653 posts
Kick it to the top :)
  • Kuchhi likes this

UNO7fkm.gif

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

Updated main post to reflect that this faction will NOT share a build server with the V3 City faction.  If you're interested in that project as well, have no fear.  Still looking for more!

Skullzorz

Skullzorz

Enderdragon Slayer

• Banned
  • 1,137 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:DarkBlue

Bumpy Im Alive xD 

bDFVG8y.gif

http://forums.teamex...-build-4/page-1

You Wanna Join My Faction Magnificient In Build 4 Apply Us !   

Dr_Dope

Dr_Dope

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 365 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green
Character Name: Dr_Dope15

VIP rank: not yet (but it will gonna be SOON)

Your Age (for your privacy this is not required but would be good to know):18

Can you use Teamspeak?: yes

How long have you been a player on TE?: 9 months

What time of day are you usually on?: 1 or 2 houres a day

Have you ever been banned by TE staff? (Reason): NOPE

Are you fluent in any language other than English? (which): yes, HINDI

Do you wish to actively participate in the main builds?: yes i wish to contribute my efforts to the project and to work with the greatest builders .... it will gonna be fun !

Are you strongly interested in an officer position? (if so, state any experience): Yes , I would love to mange the faction, i was a leader of a fac which is now disbanded

Any other comments: in which build world u r making the faction

These r the links of my screenshots of my builds bellow-

These r the links of my screenshots of my builds bellow-

http://forums.teamex...-1457146589.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146407.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146375.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146057.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146100.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146138.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146014.png

http://forums.teamex...-1457146520.png

Edited by Dr_Dope, 12 March 2016 - 10:35 AM.

ufiAtj8.gif
 Changed my ign from Doctor_Dope to Dr_Dope :P

ashinshugar

ashinshugar

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,653 posts
Dunno if its just me but everyone of those links goes right back to this thread.

UNO7fkm.gif

Dr_Dope

Dr_Dope

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 365 posts
that images r posted to spartans reqruitment thread by Me ...I just copied the links of that images and pasted here...u can check in spartans reqruiting thread

Edited by Dr_Dope, 12 March 2016 - 08:00 AM.

ufiAtj8.gif

Dr_Dope

Dr_Dope

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 365 posts
yay u r right ashin ... wait i have to do somethin about that ....lol :)

ufiAtj8.gif

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

yay u r right ashin ... wait i have to do somethin about that ....lol :)

Hey Dr_Dope.  Adamantine will be on either build 2 or build 3 at the release of V3.  It hasn't been decided yet.  With Spartans being on build 2 this could possibly cause a conflict for you.  As it stands now, I will go ahead and add you to the accepted list.  Once our build world is confirmed feel free to make your decision if needed (if we are on build 3 this won't be an issue at all) and just let me know.  Since I'm making this post as a reply, no PM will be sent.

Dr_Dope

Dr_Dope

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 365 posts
ok, sir .... but there is a mistake
in my ingame-name .... i forgot to add 15 in last ..... my igm name is
Dr_Dope15
••--------••--------••--------••-----
i have now edited my application...you can see over there my ingame-name ..
Thank you very much for Accepting me
:)
••--------••--------••--------••-----
And please try your best to make it in build world 3 ...please
THANK YOU

-Your sincerely
_______________ Dr_Dope15

Edited by Dr_Dope, 12 March 2016 - 10:46 AM.

ufiAtj8.gif

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

Invites have started going out.  The world is build 3.  More invites will go out as people start logging in (I think they need to have been in build3 at least once before an invite can be sent).  The building will start Monday of next week :)

Parlor_Tonic

Parlor_Tonic

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 684 posts

Ashinshugar has been selected as the co-leader for Adamantine.  Officer positions are open and will be decided upon once initial organization and building begins.  Another round of invites will be attempted today.  Also, we're still looking for more!  Tell yo frayaaands!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users