Photo

Adminshop Changes - Moving Away From Pumpkin Farms!

57 replies to this topic

Zephyrron

Zephyrron

can i haz fraction

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

R.I.P Pumpkin Farms. I wonder how the new system will make things turn out.

0DpqJ5r.jpg

Made by: TheBaron12

BoomTheDonut

BoomTheDonut

Donut Hole Eater

• Server Donator
  • 1,151 posts

:D

URlkerh.png?1

• isaak likes this

cQvTWoW.png?1

R.I.P tater2sacks, you will be missed.

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

So, is staff forcibly removing pfarms, or is it still by request? I had a small, bedrock to-safezone ground level 1 CHUNK farm located at /warp megapumpkin with no waterflows except for the 4 necessary for the collection system, and I logged in today and all my pumpkin saplings are gone, the button gone, the waterflows gone, some hoppers missing, but the tower still there.

According to Talky, some staff are taking it upon themselves to disable "well known pfarms" however, I intended to keep mine and use it to farm pumpkins for pumpkin pie at my shop, which sells a LOT of food, especially pumpkin pie. 

I honestly don't want to replant or rebuild it, so i'l likely edit it out now, but I'm very upset that staff are saying "we'll remove only at owner's requests" and go and do this shit. I'd prefer an explanation, however I feel that I likely won't get one beyond what Talky has already told me. 

• smellypigs, Emeryy, bosidex and 1 other like this

i8oGBox.gif

Thanks to mfm for this badass signature!

"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built with nothing but direction and intent" -- Varus (League of Legends)

Visit MegaMart, the ORIGINAL Discount Big Box supplier!

/warp megamart or West Exit, turn left past the tree farm.

IGN: b2412 / andesian

TalkyAttorney

TalkyAttorney

Take that!

• 1,347 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:colors

So, is staff forcibly removing pfarms, or is it still by request? I had a small, bedrock to-safezone ground level 1 CHUNK farm located at /warp megapumpkin with no waterflows except for the 4 necessary for the collection system, and I logged in today and all my pumpkin saplings are gone, the button gone, the waterflows gone, some hoppers missing, but the tower still there.

According to Talky, some staff are taking it upon themselves to disable "well known pfarms" however, I intended to keep mine and use it to farm pumpkins for pumpkin pie at my shop, which sells a LOT of food, especially pumpkin pie. 

I honestly don't want to replant or rebuild it, so i'l likely edit it out now, but I'm very upset that staff are saying "we'll remove only at owner's requests" and go and do this shit. I'd prefer an explanation, however I feel that I likely won't get one beyond what Talky has already told me. 

I will not make this into an argument. What I said was only an assumption. Please do not take it out of context.

The action that was taken place what that of one from an Administrator assessing a major issue in the quickest time as possible. The staff here never have the intent of being invasive unless it does not adhere to the rules, or is an issue altogether. Of course the quickest way to sift away pumpkin monoliths is by crippling it at its core, without doing anything against the owner's will. There is no justification in owning one when the use for it no longer exists. We are not entitled to keep within communication with every single TE user regarding any matter, including ones that require haste. We are very nice and human enough to do so when we do.

As I said before, this is not about you. You are not the only one effected.

#dealwithit

• Ghoof, Noodzz, Fridge and 1 other like this

klFmGiJ.png

TgqWSmF.pngkfcz0aq.png8YDA2C7.png

help me pay for all the waifus: 1JcLTunL1ri3gCJfRSAh9Ne4PLENCi6ERY

Flox

Flox

Cat toucher

• Administrator
  • 3,805 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:-

b2412:  No major damage done.  We simply wanted the server speed benefits sooner, and I can tell you there's already a huge difference.

But fine, I will restore your farm.  Theres no rule against them.

• smellypigs, Noodzz, Haxxxxx and 2 others like this

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

There is no justification in owning one when the use for it no longer exists.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pumpkin

Crafting uses: Pumpkin pies (which restore 5 hearts of health on the server) and jack-o-lanterns which are a cheap alternative to glowstone and sea lanterns. 

That particular farm if I was lucky, put out approximately 18 stacks between both collection points of pumpkins per harvest. It was not a super bulky, super fast farm and was honestly not the best farm out there if one was looking to use it for profit running purposes. 

i8oGBox.gif

"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built with nothing but direction and intent" -- Varus (League of Legends)

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

Sorry for the double post, did not see Flox's reply.

Flox, it's okay, if you (or another admin) can just remove the entire tower, I have other plans for that area now. Thank you for the explanation at least. I understand there are tps issues that are directly related to p-farms and other piston-farm style machines, and I commend staff for trying to make the server a more enjoyable, less laggy place even if communication falls short at times. 

Edit: Flox is working on the removal request. Thank you for your quick response, and I did not intend for this to escalate beyond a simple request for an explanation, so I apologize in advance to everyone who's hair is ruffled up by this.

Edited by b2412, 30 October 2015 - 02:46 AM.

i8oGBox.gif

kashaf

kashaf

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,199 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

RIP easymoney xD :( but happy to more way of making money WOOHOOO :) :D

wPTTpI3.gif
Thnx to RHYE for this amazing Signature
Avalanche is recruiting loyal members Click Here

Ebel

Ebel

EbookDevil

• Administrator
  • 1,942 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

Does staff plan to add 1.8 new blocks/items into the adminshop?

If one looks in the adminshop, you can actually buy cobble, dirt, etc along with selling it as well. 

What my question is, will we see the following blocks added to the Adminshop at any point in time in the future:

• Andesite
  • Diorite
  • Granite
  • Prismarine/Dark Prismarine
  • Sea Lanterns
  • Coarse Dirt
  • Chiseled Stone Bricks (since they can now be crafted with stone brick slabs)
  • Red Smooth/Chiseled/Regular Sandstone
  • Slime Blocks
  • Any other new 1.8 added content that I may have missed

Thank you staff for your time and hard work and hopefully the first in many actually beneficial steps to helping to fix the economy. 

We first wanted to make sure 1.8 was running, and that we weren't gonna return to 1.7. Performance seemed priority first. This will be discussed.

• b2412 likes this

7643a15ee6.png

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

We first wanted to make sure 1.8 was running, and that we weren't gonna return to 1.7. Performance seemed priority first. This will be discussed.

Thank you for answering my question. <3

i8oGBox.gif

Moshimonster8765

Moshimonster8765

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 659 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Sky Blue

This is for the best and becuz of P farms ppl weren't enjoying minecraft as much as they should becuz they should harvest themselves really not get a farm to do it for them

0rgxqw4.gif

Thanks to Imagine for this amazing Signature <3 

B1 - Solaris B2 - Paradise  B3 - Inconceivables B4 - Swedminers 

VideoGameStar1

VideoGameStar1

Cheats every time he plays the game

• Server Donator
  • 833 posts

wonder what will be the next p farm :(

Lol, next Will be block farms, nooooooooooo!

Anyways, it's not like blocks are infinite XD

Edit: I'm still going to upgrade my farm with a higher wheat production capacity as long as it's approved and does not cause severe lag. I plan on collecting 1,000,000 wheat :)

Edited by VideoGameStar1, 07 November 2015 - 07:18 PM.

Y1NcSJ3.png

Thanks to DXT for this awesome signature!

Thanks for all your support, im finally Vip! couldnt have done it without you!

Spoiler

LaCochotteQc

LaCochotteQc

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 159 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

this is great news but does that mean i cant buy anf grow sugar canes anymore, because i need the sugercanes to make my bookshelves.

i don't think that apply to small farms tough. i think it's only mean that you will not be able to sell it to the admin shop anymore, to have money for it.

It is my job to Judge People!

OzoyRFy.jpg

erin21

erin21

Wealthy Merchant

• Banned
  • 404 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:red,blue,brown

i wanted to make big huge farm but i destroy it before i knew this.. but now i will not make a big farm..

B9fFJG2.gif
                                         Erin21 Enchantedgarden thanks to vR

NightWanderer

NightWanderer

AlienWandererererer

• Server Donator
  • 3,200 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

i don't think that apply to small farms tough. i think it's only mean that you will not be able to sell it to the admin shop anymore, to have money for it.

why this huge necro bump? lel

AyiROFH.gif

T.E is not a community, it is a family. <3

Will remember you, Tater2sacks. R.I.P man. -Tank out-

LaCochotteQc

LaCochotteQc

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 159 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:green

why this huge necro bump? lel

haha x) sorry for my ignorance.

what do you mean marioka lol ?

It is my job to Judge People!

OzoyRFy.jpg

NightWanderer

NightWanderer

AlienWandererererer

• Server Donator
  • 3,200 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

haha x) sorry for my ignorance.

what do you mean marioka lol ?

necro bump: as like bumping a really old thread, or a dead thread whatever you wanna call this.

AyiROFH.gif

T.E is not a community, it is a family. <3

Will remember you, Tater2sacks. R.I.P man. -Tank out-

Sjouwer

Sjouwer

A Piece of Strange

• Administrator
  • 3,259 posts

This is a really old topic, there was no need to reply to it.

I'm going to close it.

• NightWanderer likes this

WTaEM67.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pumpkins, melons, sugarcane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users