We will be moving to 1.8 today. There will be inevitable downtime for this, but we are hoping this shouldn’t take too long. The first day will be a trial. If anything should go terribly wrong, we can revert changes and switch back to 1.7, We have good backups. There are a few new things in 1.8 to consider, but there are no big changes. This is NOT v3.
- Factions: has some new commands:
- /f claim is now /f claim o
- /f motd message : allows you to set a daily message to be displayed upon login. Remove with /f motd remove.
- /f home allyfacname : allows you to teleport to an allied factions faction home.
- /f status : allows you to see faction members last login times.
- /f tt : toggle between territory display
- /f unstuck : teleport to nearest wilderness
Due to some item renaming certain shops will have to be reset. Eg. Flower Pot is now Flower Pot Item. If these are not changed, it will simply show that the shop is ‘out of stock’
- Vip Shop/Adminshop:
Because Mojang took out certain special blocks in 1.8, the shops for Fire, Lava block, water block no longer work. Nothing we can do about this.
- Slime Block Robots:
These machines are clocks, and if we see any or if they are being used for griefing, you will be punished accordingly. We can find out who made them, as they follow a straight track.
Creative sand does not fall. Consider this in your redstone contraptions.
If you find any, please post them below, don’t make a new thread.
Credits: Kyzer, Ebel, Flox, Zee & anyone who helped to test it.