Team Extreme Rules Q & A

66 replies to this topic

Kunwar

Kunwar

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 868 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Light Green

I read the auction rules and understand that the auction posts cannot be edited. But I see people adding/changing things like buyout all the time. So does that technically mean that doing so is breakin the rules?

Also, Why isn't the edit option removed from the buying and selling section ?

45hi49u.gif

-= IGN - Kun12345war_007 =-

-= mfm made this amazing signature =-

NoRetribution

NoRetribution

Opens the fridge when it gets too cold

• Administrator
  • 1,253 posts

I read the auction rules and understand that the auction posts cannot be edited. But I see people adding/changing things like buyout all the time. So does that technically mean that doing so is breakin the rules?

This is exactly what this rule is meant to prevent. If you see someone doing so report the post.

The report button is in the same location on every post.

T4gIWPo.png?2

Also, Why isn't the edit option removed from the buying and selling section ?

long story short:

you guys either get to edit everywhere or nowhere. The compromise was the edit by line being forced now so we can track when you edit.

Gy48vEH.jpg

emanon

emanon

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 547 posts

since the target of the new auctions rules is to stop and give penality to ninja edits, not to penalize auctions is allowed to edit your post if you quoted it almost immidiatly?

i mean even if you edit the post ppl can still keep track and check the original post and see if changes are reasonable or ninja edits and report it

example: http://forums.teamex...of-iron-ingots/

the second post is the copy of the original first post and its not edited and MUST not be edited cause its a proof copy of the original

the first one if the original one but changed (in this case i lowered the buyout but i stated it was possible on conditions "i reserve the right to lower the buyout")

• ZimLim1222 likes this

zoryox

zoryox

The Shadow

• Server Donator
  • 1,589 posts
We allow in game money for donations and TE-related but nothing else of monetary value. Obviously people can trade TE money for things on the forums like signatures and art. (Things like premium minecraft codes) or paypal are a no-go.[/quote]

So is this real,I remember it was allowed to post a topic in the buying and selling thread asking for a premium account in exchange of In Game Money.

Was this really stopped?

71NY3zF.jpg

Big thanks to King313 for his Epic work on this.

Server rules

Forum rules

If you need help here's a list of TeamExtreme Staff members

Kyzeragon

Kyzeragon

Islands in the stream

• Administrator
  • 3,513 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green

We allow in game money for donations and TE-related but nothing else of monetary value. Obviously people can trade TE money for things on the forums like signatures and art. (Things like premium minecraft codes) or paypal are a no-go.[/quote]

So is this real,I remember it was allowed to post a topic in the buying and selling thread asking for a premium account in exchange of In Game Money.

Was this really stopped?

Here's your answer.

We allow in game money for donations and TE-related but nothing else of monetary value.  Obviously people can trade TE money for things on the forums like signatures and art.  Things like premium minecraft codes or paypal are a no-go.

• Chrishankhah likes this

53bba504ff.gif

My mods - 1.7.2 / 1.7.10 / 1.8 / 1.10.2 / 1.11.2

ChannelFilter | MobCounter | AutoCraft | HorseInfo | ItemSorter

zoryox

zoryox

The Shadow

• Server Donator
  • 1,589 posts
Well that's unfortunate,but i guess rules is rules

71NY3zF.jpg

Big thanks to King313 for his Epic work on this.

Server rules

Forum rules

If you need help here's a list of TeamExtreme Staff members

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

I would like clarification on the rule about killing players and death traps, a member of my faction is wanting to build a parkour course where parts of the floor will have lava, it has always been my understanding that because this would kill any player that falls in the lava it is not allowed, however, the  member wanting to build the course is telling me that he is sure this course is allowed.  I did re-read the rules and I see that the rules now state that warning signs must be present, but because this is contrary to what was told to me when I first joined the server I would still like clarification before I approve the build.

Is a mini-game that WILL kill players that fail the game allowed as long as there are signs telling the player that they can and likely will die while playing?

Thanks.

Thought I wrote an answer to this, sorry.

If all entrances to the parkour state that there is a high risk of death and items will be lost, it is OK.  It is the same as any trial dungeon.  The point of your friend's game is not to "trick" people to their death but to make a dangerous game.  It is OK as long as there are warning signs.  I had hoped that our written policy on this would make this clear enough. :)

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Well that's unfortunate,but i guess rules is rules

This has been our policy for awhile:

http://forums.teamex...money/?p=249963

Kunwar

Kunwar

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 868 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Light Green
The recent rules added in the Buying and selling do include some clauses which I do feel are not right (you would see me refer this to my auction [Because I did suffer from a punishment which wasn't good])
Referring back to my auction,
What I did :
Added a right that was against the rule (To increase the end date)
Edited my post to remove that right so it doesn't violate the rules(After Noodz pointed out)
Where did it end? A one week ban in auctions and Half of the amount of the highest bid taken away.
Note: This is not an appeal for that punishment.

What I want is some light here on my cause, which is the to reason why we can't edit the main posts. Which as said by a staff member is because it is with the intention of scamming. Now considering the edit I made, I don't think it had any effect on the outcome of the auction and niether was it with any intention of scamming anyone (How would you removing a right be considered scamming ?)
Now referring to the case of adding buyout after the post was made, How does adding a Buyout change the outcome of the auction? Adding a buyout means putting a cap on the highest bid and showing people that's the figure what you're hoping for (excluding the exceptions where they out the buyout way too high). Even if the buyout is high, it depends on the buyers to whether buyout or not. How does scamming involve such actions?A Similar case is adding screen shots later on. Everything depends on the buyers in auctions. They bid what they feel like. Another thing I would like to highlight here is that most of the people who bid in auctions clearly know the value of that item. No noob would bid 100k or so on an auction just for fun in forums and get scammed.

45hi49u.gif

-= IGN - Kun12345war_007 =-

-= mfm made this amazing signature =-

NoRetribution

NoRetribution

• Administrator
  • 1,253 posts

The recent rules added in the Buying and selling do include some clauses which I do feel are not right (you would see me refer this to my auction [Because I did suffer from a punishment which wasn't good])
Referring back to my auction,
What I did :
Added a right that was against the rule (To increase the end date)
Edited my post to remove that right so it doesn't violate the rules(After Noodz pointed out)
Where did it end? A one week ban in auctions and Half of the amount of the highest bid taken away.
Note: This is not an appeal for that punishment.

What I want is some light here on my cause, which is the to reason why we can't edit the main posts. Which as said by a staff member is because it is with the intention of scamming. Now considering the edit I made, I don't think it had any effect on the outcome of the auction and niether was it with any intention of scamming anyone (How would you removing a right be considered scamming ?)
Now referring to the case of adding buyout after the post was made, How does adding a Buyout change the outcome of the auction? Adding a buyout means putting a cap on the highest bid and showing people that's the figure what you're hoping for (excluding the exceptions where they out the buyout way too high). Even if the buyout is high, it depends on the buyers to whether buyout or not. How does scamming involve such actions?A Similar case is adding screen shots later on. Everything depends on the buyers in auctions. They bid what they feel like. Another thing I would like to highlight here is that most of the people who bid in auctions clearly know the value of that item. No noob would bid 100k or so on an auction just for fun in forums and get scammed.

There are two main reasons its "no edits period" and not "reasonable edits" or some other shit.

1)You claim thats what you edited. Prove it. I doubt you have a screenshot of the original post. Even so it is not reasonable to expect everyone to screenshot that. Then one could argue about screenshots being forged in that regard. We don't have a log of what the original post was. If you claimed you edited the post one way and someone else claimed you edited the post differently, we'd be fucked. No way of telling who is telling the truth. If you try to tell me people will just quote the original, I will point out that you can actually misquote people on the forums.

2)People are having a hard enough time understanding what no editing means. How well do you think "reasonable edits" will go over? It will just add even more confusion to what is already confusing people for some reason.

People were scamming each other using the edit function in auctions. Those fuckers are to blame, not us. It had to be taken away.
As far as adding a buyout. I tell ya what, you post an auction with no buyout. Jimmy looks at auction and wants the items but wants to buyout not get into a bidding war so he moves on from the auction. You add a buyout after that. Is that fair to Jimmy?
No, its not. Same as changing the end date and all the other shit. Its not fair to the bidders when you change or add requirements just as its not fair to you when a bidder changes his bid.

I still don't understand what the problem is. Its a pretty simple rule to follow. Is it an auction post? Don't use the fucking edit button then! Look we are done, problem solved! You have no worries for the rest of your days.

Its like the idiots who don't look both ways before jaywalking. Sure if everyone was responsible and drivers always went the speed limit it could be legal. But instead we have people who don't look both ways before crossing the street and cars that speed. As such jaywalking is illegal for everyone's safety. At the same time you might be a responsible jaywalker who only jaywalks if no cars are in sight. If the police catch you, you can still be fined. Major difference is, there are permanent marks when you do this on the server. Which means the cops (staff) catch you waaaaaaaaaay more often.

• Ebel, StefBawz, Kyzeragon and 3 others like this

Gy48vEH.jpg

marama

marama

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 4,431 posts

i have a follow up question i would to ask for qualification

is it ok to close auctions early because no one is bidding on them?

0tEBAs2.gif

thanks to kunwar for this awesome sig

NoRetribution

NoRetribution

• Administrator
  • 1,253 posts

If you buy land "for your faction" and your faction decides to sell it, who is entitled to the payment for the land? The original buyer or the faction leader?(or somebody else idk lol)

This was missed.

After talking with some of the other admins, things like this will be handled on a case by case basis. The main thing to remember is that the faction land rules protect factions, not scammers. Each case would have to be looked at to determine if it is a scam or not or breaks one of the other rules. As such we cannot provide a blanket response to this. Sorry.

i have a follow up question i would to ask for qualification

is it ok to close auctions early because no one is bidding on them?

It is not. If you reserve the right to refuse to sell you can express, in a new post, that you plan on using that right.

Gy48vEH.jpg

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

I was thinking about this recently, and what I'm wondering is, based on the current rules, all land decisions and all land in a faction is technically owned by the faction leader and it's his or her right/prerogative on what they want to do with any faction-claimed and owned land. This seems to be a valid statement to make. 

If I enter into an agreement with my faction leader (as an example), and have him write in a book that any given land that I purchased I retain the rights to, even if I leave the faction, are kicked, timed out, or any combination of causes that may cause me to no longer be in that faction, and have the faction leader sign the book, then if there is a dispute that escalates to staff, will staff rule in my favor and say that the terms of the book are binding, or will staff lean more or totally towards the faction owner? 

In short, is it even worth making an effort to protect my land by requiring my Faction Leader to sign a book that gives me the rights to my land as a condition of my membership in that faction, and if arbitration is necessary, will staff consider such a document/book/instrument legal and binding?

I know Chrish said that faction may develop policies (quote below), but can this be taken as an official stance/rule that staff will enforce documented prior agreements in the event a situation goes up for staff arbitration?

3. Some factions have their own policy with regards to the handling of land that may work in your favor. While staff will not enforce these policies, a faction with integrity could easily be expected to uphold them, which should give players peace of mind.

i8oGBox.gif

Thanks to mfm for this badass signature!

"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built with nothing but direction and intent" -- Varus (League of Legends)

Visit MegaMart, the ORIGINAL Discount Big Box supplier!

/warp megamart or West Exit, turn left past the tree farm.

IGN: b2412 / andesian

marama

marama

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 4,431 posts

i have a question regarding animal limits 

can our alt factions have 16 of each kind as well or does it need to stay with our main accts

our situation is this: tessaq is leader of HouseOfDurin and his alt owns has the land where i have a animal shop 

right now we are splitting animal count between the fac and the shop so can i have the 16 of each kind cuz its a differnet faction or do we need to keep splitting them 

Edited by marama, 26 September 2015 - 07:24 PM.

0tEBAs2.gif

BasZz2119

BasZz2119

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 556 posts

Bump, for the above question of Marama

Baddlesticks

Baddlesticks

Doctor Downs

• Server Donator
  • 1,562 posts

A post from Kunwar in the suggestion has brought up to me a question:

As an example, I put a time that the bid ends, but one of the bidders has a problem that the bid end time is match with the time when that guy is sleeping.

Then can we extend/change the bid end time on the next post (not editing the first, started post) and state the reason why we need to change it?

Edited by Baddlesticks, 21 October 2015 - 01:11 PM.

4PCWfYn.gif

Credits to Mfm, love this thing <3.

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

Dunno if u can do the above but as I learned, next time, perhaps set the auction to end 24hrs after the last bid of whatever date you select 8D

This is a thread for STAFF to answer questions, not other players. I learned that the hard way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few questions after some reading around the forums and recent events:

Clarification question: The auction rules listed in the "Buying/Selling" section pertain to land auctions in the "Trading Faction Land" area as well, right? 

Second question: In the event that a user is tempbanned for violating auction rules, what happens to the auction? Especially if the auction was already supposed to end, or does end while the user is tempbanned? Do staff intend to just solely tempban players from the forums and let them continue with their auctions, or is there any other process in mind? I ask this because it's not very punishing if all staff does is tempban a person but let them keep on with their auction, in my personal opinion.

Third question: Can I actually get a response to this question I posted a little over a month ago now?

I was thinking about this recently, and what I'm wondering is, based on the current rules, all land decisions and all land in a faction is technically owned by the faction leader and it's his or her right/prerogative on what they want to do with any faction-claimed and owned land. This seems to be a valid statement to make. 

If I enter into an agreement with my faction leader (as an example), and have him write in a book that any given land that I purchased I retain the rights to, even if I leave the faction, are kicked, timed out, or any combination of causes that may cause me to no longer be in that faction, and have the faction leader sign the book, then if there is a dispute that escalates to staff, will staff rule in my favor and say that the terms of the book are binding, or will staff lean more or totally towards the faction owner? 

In short, is it even worth making an effort to protect my land by requiring my Faction Leader to sign a book that gives me the rights to my land as a condition of my membership in that faction, and if arbitration is necessary, will staff consider such a document/book/instrument legal and binding?

I know Chrish said that faction may develop policies (quote below), but can this be taken as an official stance/rule that staff will enforce documented prior agreements in the event a situation goes up for staff arbitration?

i8oGBox.gif

"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built with nothing but direction and intent" -- Varus (League of Legends)

marama

marama

Extreme VIP

• Server Donator
  • 4,431 posts

i also have a couple of question about auctions the first i have pmed retri but will ask here too 

1 is an acceptable end "at the time of this post" because in arizona usa we dont observe daylight savings time so its hard to figure out what time zone we are in

2 i think a rule about people starting and bidding on an auction while they are banned

they should not be allowed to place a bid on an auction or start an auction while banned

a person bid on one of my faction mates auctions and is banned and now the auction is over and the guy is still banned and the auctioneer can not get paid

i have a suggestion for a rule that just came up i think we need another rule on auctions about misleading or misrepresented titles

meaning someone writes the title saying they are selling a god sword for example but when u look at the enchants on the sword u see it is not a god sword at all 

Edited by marama, 07 November 2015 - 08:15 PM.

0tEBAs2.gif

b2412

b2412

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,106 posts

Edit: discussion moved to a more suitable area. 

Edited by b2412, 05 November 2015 - 03:21 AM.

i8oGBox.gif

kashaf

kashaf

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:blue

Q. Is selling a fac legal?

wPTTpI3.gif
Thnx to RHYE for this amazing Signature
Avalanche is recruiting loyal members Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic