Photo

Team Extreme Rules Q & A

66 replies to this topic

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts
We frequently receive questions or have issues arising where TE's rule or policy on an issue isn't clear.  It is not our intention to have all of our policies and rules scattered about the forums, but because issues constantly arise and it can be difficult to keep up with everything, this does unfortunately happen from time to time.  We do our best to consolidate everything into our rules thread, but oversights occasionally happen.

So, we are opening a Q & A thread for server rules and policies on issues.  Please understand that many things do run into gray areas and not every scenario is run by a strict rule.  Our staff are human for a reason, because sometimes judgment calls are required.  However, we don't want you to remain in the dark in areas that do have a firm policy or rule or those issues which may require one, so please feel free to ask.

A few important things to remember, before posting:
  1. Please do check "server rules" before posting your question, in case it is already answered.  If your question can be answered by the rules thread, your post will be hidden.
  2. Only serious questions.  I know that everyone's a comedian, but Rules Q&A is srs bsness.  (If we think you're trolling, you will be warned.)
  3. Server rules are decided by admins, only, and we will be taking these questions seriously. Therefore, I am asking assistants, mods and players to please refrain from answering any questions here.  If you need to discuss an answer we post, please come to us privately. :)
  4. This thread is a Q&A for answers, not discussion.  Please refrain from discussing or disputing issues here.  Make your own thread if it's really a problem, but understand that we rarely change our policies once instituted.

• TheBaron12, DRAGONBITE, TalkyAttorney and 15 others like this

RayThe3rd

RayThe3rd

"Im Ray the Badass"

• Server Donator
  • 4,747 posts

Okay, I see this coming up in the near future..

*EDIT: Found a couple more..

Q. What about any existing cases PRIOR to the new rule regarding land? Several people sell land as a way to make money, and would definitely not be fair for their faction leader to take that land ad-liberum just for their personal gain.

Q. I'm assuming with the overclaim policy that you won't unclaim land if the land has a creative build on it, correct?

Q. To avoid confusion about the Faction Rules Policy here, I'll flat out just ask.. If someone obviously breaks the server rules, like griefing or stealing, and a report is filed; it will still be deligated by staff, right?

Edited by RayThe3rd, 30 August 2015 - 09:52 AM.

• GasMask and drthrax07 like this

ZyZAfT2.jpg

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Gardener of Rayhoven<->Mayor of Metropolis ]=

NoRetribution

NoRetribution

Opens the fridge when it gets too cold

• Administrator
  • 1,253 posts

Okay, I see this coming up in the near future..

*EDIT: Found a couple more..

Q. What about any existing cases PRIOR to the new rule regarding land? Several people sell land as a way to make money, and would definitely not be fair for their faction leader to take that land ad-liberum just for their personal gain.

Q. I'm assuming with the overclaim policy that you won't unclaim land if the land has a creative build on it, correct?

Q. To avoid confusion about the Faction Rules Policy here, I'll flat out just ask.. If someone obviously breaks the server rules, like griefing or stealing, and a report is filed; it will still be deligated by staff, right?

Talked these over with Chrish real quick just to make sure we were on the same page.

A: This is not a new rule. This is the way its always been. This is just the first time its come up to this extent. I'd advise talking with your faction leader if you wish to move land frequently in and out of your faction, make sure you both understand how things are going.

A: It would be dealt with similar to a creative build in wilderness. The chunk would be regenned before it was unclaimed.

A: Not quite sure what you are asking here. If someone breaks server rules its handled by staff. eg Person A leads faction a, person b advertises in faction chat. Its reported. A staff member will be handling the report just as its always been.

Gy48vEH.jpg

ShadeRevenant

ShadeRevenant

Undead

• Assistant
  • 1,315 posts

Ok this came up not long ago .. I couldn't find any rule for or against but I assume we cannot sell in-game money for real money...Correct?

• minecraftking756 likes this

rqhTgeb.png
                           ===>Cursed Recruitment<===
                           ===>Faction Forum Chat<===

Trent474

Trent474

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 431 posts

Ok guys first off this is a great idea to clear the air,

Q. Can we get information on what macro keybind scripts are legal and which ones not to use i.e auto break auto use type thing

Q. Would it also be possible to get 1x1 holes put into the rule list as there are a lot of players being banned for them i know it's general knowledge

however some people don't have common sense.

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

Ok this came up not long ago .. I couldn't find any rule for or against but I assume we cannot sell in-game money for real money...Correct?

There is a policy already written somewhere on the forums, so there is fortunately already a deliberated answer on this.  I will have to find it and show you later.

We allow in game money for donations and TE-related but nothing else of monetary value.  Obviously people can trade TE money for things on the forums like signatures and art.  Things like premium minecraft codes or paypal are a no-go.

Haywire

Haywire

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 398 posts

Does this land claiming policy also apply to xp farms which players have brought with them in the faction ?

GWUJMHB.png

RayThe3rd

RayThe3rd

"Im Ray the Badass"

• Server Donator
  • 4,747 posts

What I mean is if someone I invited to my faction griefs my faction and steals my Diamond Godsword, and I file a report; Staff will still ban and such.. right?

ZyZAfT2.jpg

Legendary Faction Chat =[ LegendaryEmpire ]= Legendary Recruitment

=[ Gardener of Rayhoven<->Mayor of Metropolis ]=

Fridge

Fridge

Official TE Weenie

• Plugin Developer
  • 2,521 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Green

So I don't know if I understood the new rule on land claiming, but i'll just give a scenario I guess.

If I buy chunks of land for thirty million dollars of in game money, it is not my land and is the faction leaders land?

So if I read the new rule correctly, this means I am using my own money to buy land for the faction leader and I do not own said land anymore  and the faction leader can just take my land and not give it back and I just wasted thirty million dollars? That's what I'm picking up from the rule at least.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am just confused at the moment and would like some things cleared up.

Edited by Fridge, 30 August 2015 - 08:15 PM.

• Dartel, Haywire and b2412 like this

L1pOqe4.gif

StefBawz

StefBawz

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 813 posts

So i don't know if i understood the new rule on land claiming, but i'll just give a scenario i guess.

If i buy chunks of land for thirty million dollars of in game money, it is not my land and is the faction leaders land?

So if i read the new rule correctly, this means i am using my own money to buy land for the faction leader and i do not own said land anymore  and the faction leader can just take my land and not give it back and just wasted thirty million dollars? That's what i'm picking up from the rule at least.

Correct me if i am wrong. But i am just confused at the moment and would like some things cleared up.

I would like to know this also.

• Haywire likes this

NoRetribution

NoRetribution

Opens the fridge when it gets too cold

• Administrator
  • 1,253 posts

There is a policy already written somewhere on the forums, so there is fortunately already a deliberated answer on this.  I will have to find it and show you later.

We allow in game money for donations and TE-related but nothing else of monetary value.  Obviously people can trade TE money for things on the forums like signatures and art.  Things like premium minecraft codes or paypal are a no-go.

found it

http://forums.teamex...money/?p=249963

Gy48vEH.jpg

Kyzeragon

Kyzeragon

Islands in the stream

• Administrator
  • 3,513 posts

1. Server rules are decided by admins, only, and we will be taking these questions seriously. Therefore, I am asking assistants, mods and players to please refrain from answering any questions here.  If you need to discuss an answer we post, please come to us privately. :)
  2. This thread is a Q&A for answers, not discussion.  Please refrain from discussing or disputing issues here.  Make your own thread if it's really a problem, but understand that we rarely change our policies once instituted.

• TalkyAttorney, Ghoof, fruitshakes and 1 other like this

53bba504ff.gif

My mods - 1.7.2 / 1.7.10 / 1.8 / 1.10.2 / 1.11.2

ChannelFilter | MobCounter | AutoCraft | HorseInfo | ItemSorter

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

So I don't know if I understood the new rule on land claiming, but i'll just give a scenario I guess.

If I buy chunks of land for thirty million dollars of in game money, it is not my land and is the faction leaders land?

So if I read the new rule correctly, this means I am using my own money to buy land for the faction leader and I do not own said land anymore  and the faction leader can just take my land and not give it back and I just wasted thirty million dollars? That's what I'm picking up from the rule at least.

Correct me if I am wrong. But I am just confused at the moment and would like some things cleared up.

Yes, if you buy land for 30 mil, that land belongs to the faction. Not necessarily the faction leader (it cannot belong to a person,) but the faction leader determines how to use it.  They might delegate that responsibility to an officer, but as far as we are concerned, the power belongs to the leader.  This is why it is good to discuss purchases with your leader first.  Of course, if your leader leaves the faction, the land still belongs to the faction.

We were discussing this the other night, and Hippy made a good analogy for this... If you live in a country, and you have property, that property is "yours" in the sense that you live there and paid for it, but it is not truly yours like your car is yours or your wallet is yours.  If you move out of the country and you revoke citizenship, you lose your claim to the land in that country.  I can't just up and move to England and claim the land my house is on for England.  I suppose I could ask the US Government if they'd allow me to keep it and make it English land, but they probably wouldn't.  That doesn't make the land the property of the officials who tell me that, either -- if they left with me to England, the rights to the land would fall in the hands of other politicians.  It essentially belongs to the country, not people therein. There are probably policies about this sort of thing.  Maybe your faction leaders aren't quite as strict and will allow you to take your claims with you, but it's still up to them to decide what happens.

This is also why leaders who would disband the faction for the purpose of claiming valued chunks for themselves could probably be considered claim griefing.  Bans have been processed as far back as V1 for that sort of thing when the motive is obvious.  It is still a case-by-case scenario, but organized theft is still theft and organized scams are still scams, and we will treat them accordingly.

On another note, to address some recent concerns ...

I want to reiterate that our rules regarding this are not new and it is a policy that much of our staff have understood going far back, but the past few years have been kind of chaotic as far as staff availability and communication and server changes, so I apologize that these policies may not have been dictated or enforced clearly. They came from the top.  I do not think these rules will create more or less staff involvement (as we are involved in controversies, regardless,) but hopefully our clarification now will make players aware of how we rule on these things so that people do not act with ignorance.  That being said, I do have some thoughts and suggestions for players who are concerned:

1. Don't purchase land without discussing things with your leader, first.  Your purchases are toward the faction.

2. Everyone is typically allowed two accounts.  Consider using an alt to hold 8 claims for yourself if you're worried about another faction having control of that land.  This is the best way to have control of land you purchase.  Even if you are creative, we do allow creative players to build on an alt's faction land, per creative rules.  This is doable with the "/f access p playername" command.

3. Some factions have their own policy with regards to the handling of land that may work in your favor. While staff will not enforce these policies, a faction with integrity could easily be expected to uphold them, which should give players peace of mind.

Please remember, guys, we are doing our best to keep things in order, here. :) I am sorry that not every decision we make can be agreeable or liked by all.  That is understandable and inevitable. We do not act out of ignorance or make these decisions lightly, however. There is far more deliberation that goes into these things than people realize, and a lot of us put far more time into this than our paygrade covers. (That's approx. $0.00/hr if anyone is wondering.)  The resolutions we settle on can almost never be perfectly fool-proof, but they are the best ones given the various circumstances we encounter.  I appreciate you all for understanding.

• Noodzz likes this

Chrishankhah

Chrishankhah

staff SANDwich maker

• Administrator
  • 2,470 posts

What I mean is if someone I invited to my faction griefs my faction and steals my Diamond Godsword, and I file a report; Staff will still ban and such.. right?

Of course. Our rules plainly state that griefing and theft is illegal, which generally happens in the context of unruly faction mates. I am confused why you're asking this but I'm just going to assume I said something that could be misinterpreted or this came up for dispute for some strange reason and that you're not asking a silly question. :P

Does this land claiming policy also apply to xp farms which players have brought with them in the faction ?

Yes. It applies to land, plain and simple. What is on that land doesn't matter and is generally up to the discretion of whoever controls the land unless a) it is a creative build in a non-creative faction and needs to be removed, or B) there are lockettes present, in which case the lockette policy applies to the locked blocks.

Ok guys first off this is a great idea to clear the air,

Q. Can we get information on what macro keybind scripts are legal and which ones not to use i.e auto break auto use type thing

Q. Would it also be possible to get 1x1 holes put into the rule list as there are a lot of players being banned for them i know it's general knowledge

however some people don't have common sense.

1. We'll have to get back to you on the macros and scripts. It is a current discussion among the admins and mods.

2. 1x1 holes, in and of themselves, are not illegal. We have a rule against death traps. 1x1 holes are not enough to be considered death traps unless they are purposely obscured (water over a sign and a drop to your doom,) or intentionally made to collect items, such as with some kind of hopper system.  If they are excessive, we might say something to the player, but it's not a ban.  This has also been clarified somewhere on the forums in the past, but I'm glad you asked it here, anyway.

To clarify our reason for this: The problem is that many players start mining by digging directly down. While this is not wise for them, it is legal.  We're not going to ban people for careless mining unless they "carelessly" mine into their faction-member's house and proceed to destroy everything.  Remember that TeamExtreme is a multiplayer world, and as such, everyone's got something going on somewhere. Therefore, it is the responsibility of players to watch where they walk. After all, Minecraft maps spawn their own natural death traps and if people fall into them, Darwinism will take care of the rest. :P

I do recognize that there has been confusion even among staff with this last rule on holes.  I will make an attempt to get with staff and clarify what is and what is not illegal with holes and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

• Noodzz and Trent474 like this

Fridge

Fridge

Official TE Weenie

• Plugin Developer
  • 2,521 posts

If you buy land "for your faction" and your faction decides to sell it, who is entitled to the payment for the land? The original buyer or the faction leader?(or somebody else idk lol)

Edited by Fridge, 02 September 2015 - 08:17 PM.

L1pOqe4.gif

Coh89

Coh89

Ninja Title

• Server Donator
  • 988 posts

If you buy land "for your faction" and your faction decides to sell it, who is entitled to the payment for the land? The original buyer or the faction leader?(or somebody else idk lol)

Thats a good question. I think (or believe that the person who originally baught it should get the money if the faction sells it. Unless aditions were added on and then maybe a cut or something is taken out). Because if someone buys the land for the faction or themselves and the land is then sold again the person who baught it should get the money. Or it could be considered a scam since example: Player A buys 2 chunks of Spawn Land for $3m for the faction/themselves. Then Player B (the Leader) sells the 2 chunks of Spawn Land for $3.5m (due to inflation or whatever the reason). Then Player B gets the money since they sold the land.

• NatsukiSubaru39 likes this

Everyone lies, even you.

Kyzeragon

Kyzeragon

Islands in the stream

• Administrator
  • 3,513 posts

Thats a good question. I think (or believe that the person who originally baught it should get the money if the faction sells it. Unless aditions were added on and then maybe a cut or something is taken out). Because if someone buys the land for the faction or themselves and the land is then sold again the person who baught it should get the money. Or it could be considered a scam since example: Player A buys 2 chunks of Spawn Land for $3m for the faction/themselves. Then Player B (the Leader) sells the 2 chunks of Spawn Land for $3.5m (due to inflation or whatever the reason). Then Player B gets the money since they sold the land.

1. Server rules are decided by admins, only, and we will be taking these questions seriously. Therefore, I am asking assistants, mods and players to please refrain from answering any questions here.  If you need to discuss an answer we post, please come to us privately. :)

• Noodzz and NatsukiSubaru39 like this

53bba504ff.gif

My mods - 1.7.2 / 1.7.10 / 1.8 / 1.10.2 / 1.11.2

ChannelFilter | MobCounter | AutoCraft | HorseInfo | ItemSorter

tessaq

tessaq

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,322 posts

I would like clarification on the rule about killing players and death traps, a member of my faction is wanting to build a parkour course where parts of the floor will have lava, it has always been my understanding that because this would kill any player that falls in the lava it is not allowed, however, the  member wanting to build the course is telling me that he is sure this course is allowed.  I did re-read the rules and I see that the rules now state that warning signs must be present, but because this is contrary to what was told to me when I first joined the server I would still like clarification before I approve the build.

Is a mini-game that WILL kill players that fail the game allowed as long as there are signs telling the player that they can and likely will die while playing?

Thanks.

• NatsukiSubaru39 likes this

9lzL5bp.png

House of Durin Is Recruiting click here to apply

Trent474

Trent474

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 431 posts

Of course. Our rules plainly state that griefing and theft is illegal, which generally happens in the context of unruly faction mates. I am confused why you're asking this but I'm just going to assume I said something that could be misinterpreted or this came up for dispute for some strange reason and that you're not asking a silly question. :P

Yes. It applies to land, plain and simple. What is on that land doesn't matter and is generally up to the discretion of whoever controls the land unless a) it is a creative build in a non-creative faction and needs to be removed, or B) there are lockettes present, in which case the lockette policy applies to the locked blocks.

1. We'll have to get back to you on the macros and scripts. It is a current discussion among the admins and mods.

2. 1x1 holes, in and of themselves, are not illegal. We have a rule against death traps. 1x1 holes are not enough to be considered death traps unless they are purposely obscured (water over a sign and a drop to your doom,) or intentionally made to collect items, such as with some kind of hopper system.  If they are excessive, we might say something to the player, but it's not a ban.  This has also been clarified somewhere on the forums in the past, but I'm glad you asked it here, anyway.

To clarify our reason for this: The problem is that many players start mining by digging directly down. While this is not wise for them, it is legal.  We're not going to ban people for careless mining unless they "carelessly" mine into their faction-member's house and proceed to destroy everything.  Remember that TeamExtreme is a multiplayer world, and as such, everyone's got something going on somewhere. Therefore, it is the responsibility of players to watch where they walk. After all, Minecraft maps spawn their own natural death traps and if people fall into them, Darwinism will take care of the rest. :P

I do recognize that there has been confusion even among staff with this last rule on holes.  I will make an attempt to get with staff and clarify what is and what is not illegal with holes and I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thank you for clarifying the 1x1 hole question I appreciate your time in answering it :-)

hheyman123

hheyman123

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 300 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Purple
I read the auction rules and understand that the auction posts cannot be edited. But I see people adding/changing things like buyout all the time. So does that technically mean that doing so is breakin the rules?
  • Kunwar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users