Core 2.0 is the best

l6c8QpL.png

FireFist

FireFist

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 415 posts

xD

KYxCtth_zpscs0ccmu1.jpg

Ploofy

Ploofy

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,216 posts
I've just seen this xD (yes i knu dis is necrobumping)

But, the history is so cool! : D

*i cant wait to be a part of history huehue*

UwC1d22.png

[B1] Allegiant [B2] Paradise [B3] Janissaries [B4] CORE

you can't appreciate what happiness is without experiencing sadness.

Jerrynon

Jerrynon

JerryLOL

• Assistant
  • 778 posts

I had to read this again.. Damn I still remember those old guys and the builds they had. It's interesting how the faction kept moving up and down but truly never died. (I was looking after it from behind :P)

You should continue in writing this! There has been alot changes since TE v3 came out and the very first goal (build a new cool v3 faction) was completed when CORE spread all across the worlds. And the faction returned back to stage 1 as a Paradise :P

btw: I has been now more than 2 years since CORE was founded (January 2014)

• albino likes this

JzENfUl.gif

"Look at all the bothers I give"

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,060 posts

Yeah, yeah, have been writing on this for months, but did not finish it yet. Let me just slam the "raw edit" in this post for your reading pleasure, later I will put it neatly in the first post.

Note that the idea that more factions would write their history. Ok here goes:

Rewrite of the origins of Core

In fact, the origins of Core must be traced back to the great staff faction of Eutopia. All starting leaders were officers in that faction, like LucasJFoy who actually joined various other factions before being part of the Core story. Looking back into history, Lucas was more like one of the founders of Core in stead of a leader. And Jerrynon was the real reason and inventor of Core faction. He asked me (Newcleus) to help him on starting his faction, for which he had already created the great builds that were built at the start of Core. The actual start with 3 leaders was my idea and Jerry had no problems with Lucas being one of the leaders. But the original idea of 3 leaders was only a reality at the very start of Core until Lucas re-joined Eutopia. This story would become too long to explain the background of Eutopia in relation to Core at that time (maybe a pre-history of Core story one day?), but I expected that Eutopia would have a hard time to remain active into the future. Anyway, back to Core 2.0!

Core 2.0 Hypercore

The story of Core 1.x ended with a struggling faction that was coming so close to their original goal: to start on TE Version 3, but was not going to reach it. When there was first mention on TE of the great ideas of V3 (now more than a year ago) it sparked the birth of a new faction. Of course there are and were many great factions on TE, but Core wanted to give it a shot nonetheless. But now, the long waiting for V3 appeared to have slowly killed off the faction. After a great ride, the members of Core seemed like wanderers in the desert, with V3 almost within their grasp. But unable to reach it.

So the story of Core 1.x almost seemed to end here. But in reality, there was never a real danger of Core ending. One of the biggest challenges for Core after the move of founder and co-leader Jerrynon was to find an Evip. With MGD90001 (a TE veteran) joining, Core was saved. So it was very unfortunate (to say the least) that a misunderstanding about a land deal around spawn caused MGD90001 to quit. Very close in time another disaster happened: Core ceased to exist. It was by a stupid mistake of the leader that Core actually disbanded. Fortunately, the faction was reclaimed and all members were re-added with the help of staff. But it all didn't look good. We had expected a better way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

But a small miracle prevented Core from slowly passing away. The leader of Core was bumped up to Evip, which immediately solved the biggest problem. But a struggling faction needs more than that. During the existence of Core, it seemed harder and harder to find new members. It would not be the first faction that simply died because of this. So a difficult time to find some decent new members started. But all efforts seemed to fail. In fact all factions seemed to struggle to find new recruits. Maybe because simply less new people actually start on TE than before.

Anyway, within a few weeks Core is back on more than 30 members because new people joined. It was now simply waiting to see how many of them would stick. But with regaining full power and the fact that no claims were reserved for land deals, the focus of Core shifted. With the "new" Evip, repairs were done around the faction. From now on, any damage to Creative buildings could be repaired very fast. So the small crop farm was repaired as well, so the objective of Core 1.x could be finished: building the Core under our home.

So new members had joined that we could call 2.0 members, like 20JACK12 and Zephyrron. But the old ones were still there too. Most important the officers RistieUB and Gawwain. But also Yulissa_ was still active in Core. And just before Core 2.0 the oldest member of Core returned: Podol2_. So with everything running fine, Core could start thinking about the future again. One of the most important ideas was to put more focus on building. Core had re-gained some free claims (due to the unintentional disband), so there was room for new builds. But to do that, we wanted to find a new builder for Core who could realize his creative ideas.

But even more new members join. Some of them are old TE guys who start again, like Lysergide. But a new builder for Core is not found yet. Then a miracle happens: lgoddgreat, the old officer, returns! But not for long. Still the new people with also _ShaoKahn_ and Minecraftking756 start to become very active, making Core again top the f list chart. Then TE changes to 1.8! An important step approaching V3, since now new members do not face the problem to have to downgrade anymore. And apart from all the great new things in 1.8, it brings Core one step closer to our ultimate goal.

Core 3.0!

More than a year later, TE V3 finally hits the scene! The officers of Core already see the beta and start planning for Core. The new worlds are explored and nice areas are found. But TE V3 complicates things too. In fact, the TE word becomes 4 times as big. For this, also the player max is increased.to allow more players to be on-line. Faction "mechanics" also change slightly. All this makes it much more complicated for Core to continue.

But strangely, Core is more active than ever! The officers RistieUB, Gawwain and Lysergide are all there .LunaWolf and Ploofy. I cannot imagine a better start of Core on V3 than this! Before we know it, Lysergide start Paradise, the "Core faction" on build world 2. Most members of Core join it and At this point, also the founder of Core, Jerrynon returns to TE. Like many old TE players, V3 is the spark that

Again, this is the "raw edit". just to update you guys on the story so far....

• Ploofy likes this

dWLIvJA.png

alison eduardo

alison eduardo

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts

I had to read this again.. Damn I still remember those old guys and the builds they had. It's interesting how the faction kept moving up and down but truly never died. (I was looking after it from behind :P)

You should continue in writing this! There has been alot changes since TE v3 came out and the very first goal (build a new cool v3 faction) was completed when CORE spread all across the worlds. And the faction returned back to stage 1 as a Paradise :P

btw: I has been now more than 2 years since CORE was founded (January 2014)

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,060 posts

Core Faction history

By Newcleus

Phase 3 Core 3.0! (Arkadia, Paradise and Oasis)

More than a year later, TE V3 finally hits the scene! The officers of Core already see the beta and start planning for Core. The new worlds are explored and nice areas are found. But TE V3 complicates things too. In fact, the TE world becomes 4 times as big. For this, also the player max is increased to allow more players to be on-line. Faction "mechanics" also change slightly. All this makes it much more complicated for Core to continue.

But strangely, Core is more active than ever! The officers RistieUB, Gawwain and Lysergide are all there. LunaWolf and Ploofy are some of the most active members at that time. I cannot imagine a better start of Core on V3 than this! Before we know it, Lysergide starts Paradise, the "Core faction" on build world 2. Most members of Core join it and at this point, also the founder of Core, Jerrynon returns to TE. Like many old TE players, V3 is the spark that makes TE stand out as the best Minecraft server around and makes many "old guys" return to the scene.

In Core 2.0 Hypercore there was a small background story on explaining how Core originated from the great V1/V2 faction Eutopia. I mentioned that it might be a good idea to write a Core pre-history to explain more about that.

Pre-history of Core (the famous staff faction of Eutopia)

After joining TE (as described in how did you start on TE?) it makes sense to join a good faction. Eutopia is by far the best faction on TE, so on receiving an invite of leader Simon24player, my spot in the faction is secured. After a while even post on forum (first post). But like every new member I start to find out how things work, making almost every mistake you could make. After that I'm ready to start helping out the faction.

In those days, LucasJFoy is imho the most active guy in Eutopia. Simon is the leader and promotes good members to officer to makes things run. How this went on can be read on the Eutopia faction thread. In my opinion, this time is the best. A lot of things happen in these very active years on Eutopia and a lot of things are achieved. Only in the end, inactivaty of important players and the delay on V3 seems to cause problems. Still, Eutopia survives for more than a year with the help of new players. But now back to Core 3.0!

The long awaited V3 of TE is a great step in history. But, as mentioned, it also changed TE considerably. Core faction did not wait for V3, so was founded on what is now build world 4. With this, it turns out that we anticipated correctly that the old V3 world would not end (as happened to the old V1 world, which was deleted). Also, all great factions at the end of V2 had the same idea: expand the faction to the new worlds. This idea was already mentioned by Simon24player (leader of Eutopia) more than a year prior to the V3 start. But Core did not wait for the start of V3, but just started "training" for V3, to be ready for it. If this was a good decision remains unclear. Not all great factions of V2 made it to V3, let alone, started factions on all worlds.

But at least Core survived until V3 and did not end because of it. The idea to start "Core" factions on all the new build worlds was a logical one, but was complicated because now all Core members needed to be active on all build worlds. Where many new players were happy to join different great factions on different worlds, the Core community was spread out over the server making it hard to keep all Core factions active.

Still Arcadia faction on build world 1 created incredible builds by the hand of Gawwain (always the name of the faction reminds of the tv series The 100). RistieUB founded Oasis a desert themed faction on build world 3. But Lysergide and Gladiator3000 really made everybody forget about Core with Paradise faction on build world 2. This medieval themed faction is "adopted" by Core founder Jerrynon who is after his return to TE promoted to assistant. He helps out Paradise faction with extra claims so he, Lysergide and Gladiator3000 can create builds that outgrow even the biggest builds in Core faction. Paradise faction becomes the main Core faction, since it seems a much better idea to have all active members on 1 world. All Core members become part of Paradise. Because of this, the old Core faction on build world 4 becomes a "museum". A permanent reminder of the nice faction that reached its ultimate goal: to be on V3.

So the rest of Core's history should be called "History of Paradise faction"! :)

Edited by Newcleus, 22 February 2018 - 08:28 AM.

• albino and Lysergide like this

dWLIvJA.png

Godfather292

Godfather292

Prime Minister

• Server Donator
  • 2,547 posts

Amazing... Truly a remarkable and inspiring history :D

ifsHymz.gif

=[ LegendaryEmpir]= 

=[Leader of the United Kingdom of Avalon]=

Lgod

Lgod

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 354 posts

wow, so it was 4 years ago, lol, can't believe its been that long. 

I'll try to stay active this time, considering that i have a stable job atm. and has some free time to spare playing.

p.s. add in another miracle on my part Newc, lol i returned again.

a8c75593-d328-4738-b796-cdb956725ffb_zps
Thanks Raine for this awesome Signature!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users