Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Core Faction history
By Newcleus

Phase 1 The start

Core faction originated as an idea of 3 old Eutopia members to join forces to start a new faction on the new TE V3 map at the start of 2014. Since V3 was delayed, Core faction started out with LucasJFoy flying out from Eutopia to find a suitable place to start. Core was then named Unanswered, a name invented by Jerrynon. Lucas claimed the first chunks and building started of Jerrynon's home building design. It was build by Simbaorka101, another long active member of Eutopia.

Spoiler

Core faction 0.3 (Home building, Old family faction, Old Brotherhood remains)

Despite the V3 map delay, it was decided to start building up the new faction. Unfortunately, Lucas steps down as leader after a few weeks and re-joins Eutopia. The faction is renamed to CORE (also a name invented by Jerrynon). Already in Unanswered new members join. First to join are "The family", who have a small faction close to the starting point of Unanswered. They start on a plot specifically made for them, since normal plots are planned to be 30x30 blocks.

Jerrynon focuses on builds so at the start he builds some roads and plots and Newcleus also joins the faction at the start of February. The first new members of CORE are DavidMixer (Portugal), Podol2 (Korea) and Bucheger (US). These three guys join and get the first 3 plots. Since Jerrynon waits for his Creative, building holds here. Some minor things are done and some land for a faction shop is obtained, close to the sandmine at spawn. The Core faction shop is built there.

When Jerry gets his Creative, building continues. A few new members join so the faction grows to 14 members. More plots are created and with the new plots the total grows to 11 plots (not counting the Family village and 2 leader plots). Jerry continues to build things around the faction. In the North mountain, a farm is started. For some time already, horses are found around the faction. The bay on the "Swamp of Tranquility" seems to be rich in horse spawns. Also an enormous mine is found under faction land, which turns out to be created by 12345678910 one of the Family members. At this point, Core needs to decide to grow further (to 20 plots) or keep at the current size. It's decided to grow bigger and new members join.

Spoiler

Core hotel 2014 (Another Jerrynon original)

Some of the new ppl that have joined are RistieUB and wNk. Jerry builds another great build: the hotel. Here people who don't want/need a plot can have a room. And after a few weeks, Core land expands to the maximum needed to have 20 plots. The last 4 plots are build and these all have a small bridge entrance because Jerry builds a small canal around that part of the faction. In the meantime some spider spawners are found close to faction land.

In the next part of Core history, more new players join, but also some people become inactive. Also several alts join and stay in the hotel. All in all it brings the number of Core members to 25, the ideal number to have a great faction that is big enough to sustain, but small enough to handle for the leaders. But since the faction doesn't grow anymore, Core runs into small problems. Two players get banned for a few days and a few players get kicked for small griefs. Fortunately, ldreeamer (Radical1) finds his way back to the server.

Then it's decided to clear the familyplot. Also a new mine entrance is created and Jerry builds the animal barn. The Family village becomes Coreville (in the center of faction land), a free build area and the sewers are started. Also the mobile communication system around the faction is build and the sewers are almost completed. New people join like lgoddgreat, Blastblaze1, Drex303 and howeh. With this new group of members, we start to hit the "most people on line" several times.

Already for some time, Core is thinking about expanding the land. For this a Powerboost is needed. At first, the faction didn't want to grow further than 200 claims. but we decide to do it anyway. The request is succesfull, we gain 30 more claims. Also, the 2 leaders decide to promote RistieUB to the first officer to bepromoted and even a 21st plot is built. Also lgoddgreat is promoted to officer. After the power boost, number of members grow to 30.

Than, the most troublesome period starts. For some time, the leaders are looking for an Evip to join Core, because that could help the faction develop further. Several attempts are done, but no permanent solution is found. Little later Jerry loses the fun in the leader role. He decides to join another faction, but not before helping to find a solution for Core. This solution is found in something that already started. Since Newcleus is still looking for a better shop location, MGD90001 comes to the rescue. He owns a great location at East exit of spawn and offers it to Core faction to use for the faction shop. So the new shop is built there and when MGD even joins Core, Jerry transfers all of his (Creative) builds.

Although Core is saved with this solution, the future of the faction looks unclear. At first the leader starts some damage control, because all that happened left no time for keeping enough power in the faction. Even several plots are closed to cope with that. But then new people join (like Misty_cat, donaldunn, PMdude) and radical1 is promoted to officer. The closing of plots is reversed and we start to hit the top of the "most people on line" list at times again. With this new boost of activity the faction starts to do as well as before and a new phase starts.

Spoiler

Core faction 1.5 August 2014

Phase 2 Maintaining (half a year later)

Core faction started out with 3 different types of leaders who would join their efforts in running a faction. But after a succesfull start, fast growth and even a power boost, only 1 leader remains. With this the old structure also dies. Where everything we did up to phase 2 was focused on building, the focus shifts more to maintaining what we have. Also the objective changes completely: where Core was planned for the new world of V3, it's decided that Core will not move to a new world. But an initiative to practice moving to a new location, brings in a triple skeleton farmer to Core. In the meantime new people join. For some time already, girls join Core. But at this point they start to become more important. Some of them are Yulissa and Cakegirl26. At this point also officer Lgod becomes inactive, but Podol2 (one of the first members), returns after running a small faction close to us.

Around Core faction land, several different factions spawn and move (TheBrotherhood and Imine are two of them). Because of this, the land is damaged and some time old structures remain. But one day, we notice that the land is repaired. Turns out to be a new faction living close to us. After some time Gawwain join us and keeps "landscaping" around our land. But more people join at this time. There is in fact another member boost with people like Epic_god_1. Also a new Vip joins us. It's Tobiax64 who has been a friend of the faction since the start of Core. But also a promising new member (Chiply2000) is banned.

Spoiler

Core shop at EAST exit of spawn 2014

At this point the Coreshop is changed. The location remains the same (east exit of spawn and then left), but the chests are completely re-ordered. Core also applies for a second Powerboost. And where the first was granted almost the same day, this requests remains open for months. But in the end it is granted, so we gain another 30 claims. These claims are given to the officers of Core. RistieUB receives 8 claims Only few new members join, since the current members occupy almost all the plots. Because of this, more new people end up in the hotel. With some help of our friends, the last few rooms are finished.

Still, Core is looking for a way to survive. It's true that with the transfer of all Creative builds of Jerrynon to MGD90001 the faction was saved. But since the original objective (having a faction on the new V3 world) was abandoned, a new objective is desperately needed. Also the power of 260 claims seems to be the maximum we can gain, so no more progress in that aspect seems impossible. So a search is started to find more Vip's for Core, since it seems that without enough Vip's, Core is bound to be obsolete. The search is tough, but in the end seems succesfull. An extra Evip joins Core and even a few normal Vip's start. Gawwain is promoted to officer and becomes the most active one by continueing to landscape around our land and even clearing plots for new members. One of these new members is kikirezz014. Other mebers (Cakegirl26 and Tobiax64) become inactive. Still, for many new members we simply don't have plots, so the hotel becomes completely overcrowded. But this slows down the faction, as turns out later....

Then we "celebrate" our 1st year anniversary. But the strange thing is that that nobody realizes it. It all has to do with the start of probably the worst time for Core faction. Biggest problem are the new members that join. Too few of them really find their way in the faction, so never leave the hotel. Also Radical1 steps down as officer and remains on as member. Due to the inactivity, for the first time in history, Core drops below 25 members. This results in a loss of claims and when finally MGD90001 signals that he has no more free claims to obtain new land, the situation becomes painfully clear.

So a new start is in order. To restore faction power, new members are recruited. But where this was much easier in a running faction, it now turns out to be hard. It has to do with bigger things than Core faction. But still, slowly things improve. Good new members (like sbag) join. This process continues when also Fruitshakes and 5trykes join. All of these new guys are very active and become Vips very fast and they give a new boost to Core. Unfortunately, the 1 year old Core faction also seems to serve as an incubator. Several times Core is a good start for new members, but when they see the opportunties on TE they move on. It moves the faction ahead, but this progress is lost after a while. New ways to grow for the faction are needed. But it becomes harder and harder. Unfortunately also Podol2_, at that point the oldest member of Core (he was the 2nd ever to join) becomes inactive. But not before he claims his place in the hall of fame as most loyal Core member ever!

In the meantime, TE is moving closer to V3. The new worlds of V3 were actually the objective for this faction to start. Then a final build project is started: The Core! Under the home building a blue glass sphere is being built. With completing this build and V3 coinciding, Core faction seems to have come full circle. With this small history I would like to thank everybody who has been part of Core faction.

The End (of this story, not of Core)

• Jerrynon, albino, kashaf and 2 others like this

D*mn, my signature dropped. :(  What should I do about it?

Jerrynon

Jerrynon

JerryLOL

• Assistant
  • 747 posts

• Kuchhi likes this

JzENfUl.gif

"Look at all the bothers I give"

cecil1829

cecil1829

Ecce Mono

• Server Donator
  • 1,641 posts
Nice looking faction.

Here's some text!

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Thanks man.

The idea is to have other factions also write about their history, if they like. Sure many people would like to read it...

Tobiax64

Tobiax64

Younger

• Server Donator
  • 298 posts

Nice history man 

Bl4gEAg.jpg?2

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Lol man, that's gay, put this symbol in stead :) :

Also small addition to the story added...

Jerrynon

Jerrynon

JerryLOL

• Assistant
  • 747 posts

Lol man, that's gay, put this symbol in stead :) :

XDDDD

600th post \o.o/

JzENfUl.gif

"Look at all the bothers I give"

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Congrats Jerry! Hope you'll be around sometimes to check how your builds are doing. ;)

Core history updated...

LinaXotza16

LinaXotza16

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 14 posts

hey i am missing this faction:/

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Lol Chip

Also: 2 pics added (Core shop and Core hotel)

sbag

sbag

Stevey's Lover Boy

• Server Donator
  • 333 posts

I am very touched!!!!

i will never abandon this fac ! 

I want to go into history to <3 <3

• Newcleus and Gslayer70 like this
Posted Image

thx mfm ^^

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Ok, thanks man!

Updated the history a bit, but no up to today yet... :P

Soon I will add the 3rd part of the history in which we `celebrate´ our 1 year anniversary! :D

fruitshakes

fruitshakes

The Fruitiest Boy Around

• 727 posts

Awesome stuff! xD Can't wait to read  more of the history :)

e7i5E8V.png

Sig by Rнyє

Gray538

Gray538

You're friendly neighborhood fvckboi ;D

• Server Donator
  • 2,128 posts
Gosh I feel old when I first saw this faction got created by foy boy... Then let my alt join there promising to make a toilet *tearful face emoticon* I'll still make 1 in the future every1!!! I pwomise!!!

E1RaBlU.jpg?2

No shoes, No shirt, More skin for the ladies to see ;)

-Gray538 (The friendly neighborhood fvckboi)

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Yeah, Foy was in on the start of Core, but looking back now only for a very short while.

And your toilet didn't make it into the history, as it was in fact never built! :P But feel free to give it another go.....

Zephyrron

Zephyrron

can i haz fraction

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Blue

Wonderful. :)

Edited by Zephyrron, 01 November 2015 - 11:29 PM.

0DpqJ5r.jpg

Made by: TheBaron12

minecraftking756

minecraftking756

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:black

<3

Edited by minecraftking756, 16 October 2015 - 07:16 AM.

• XPixelManX likes this

Member of: IceAge, PixelTopia, Oasis and CORE :D

albino

albino

Enderdragon Slayer

• 1,776 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Orange

I really like the history and am thinking about doing one myself. Also, you said you found spawners by the faction a long time ago. Is one of them a single spider spawner near the south east corner of the fac? I remember That_DrunkGuy and I were digging there when the iMine faction was still around there.

Yak Sig

Click      to enlarge ;)
[Untouchables Recruiting!] & [Untouchables Faction Chat!]

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Yes, that is a good idea! It would be great (it was a thought we had) if more factions would do something similar... :)

Lol man, you are part of Core history: Imine (and Thatdrunkguy) were there at the start of Core! Thatdrunkguy built a spider XP farm around the spawners you describe here. Later I think all was rolled-back and we found other spiders or indeed are using this one.

The history can not contain other factions around us like TheBrotherhood or Imine, cause it would be too much to mention them all.  :D  Like I should write about Shiny and his faction as well..... :P

Btw. I'm working on the next era of our history. The current one seems to end, but we are alive and kicking!

Newcleus

Newcleus

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,050 posts

Core Faction history
By Newcleus

Phase 2 Core 2.0 (Hypercore)

The story of Core 1.x ended with a struggling faction that was coming so close to their original goal: to start on TE Version 3, but was not going to reach it. When there was first mention on TE of the great ideas of V3 (now more than a year ago) it sparked the birth of a new faction. Of course there are and were many great factions on TE, but Core wanted to give it a shot nonetheless. But now, the long waiting for V3 appeared to have slowly killed off the faction. After a great ride, the members of Core seemed like wanderers in the desert, with V3 almost within their grasp. But unable to reach it.

Background story: Rewrite of the origins of Core

In fact, the origins of Core must be traced back to the great staff faction of Eutopia. All starting leaders were officers in that faction, like LucasJFoy who actually joined various other factions before being part of the Core story. Looking back into history, Lucas was more like one of the founders of Core in stead of a leader. And Jerrynon was the real reason and inventor of Core faction. He asked me (Newcleus) to help him on starting his faction, for which he had already created the great builds that were built at the start of Core. The actual start with 3 leaders was my idea and Jerry had no problems with Lucas being one of the leaders. But the original idea of 3 leaders was only a reality at the very start of Core until Lucas re-joined Eutopia. This story would become too long to explain the background of Eutopia in relation to Core at that time (maybe a pre-history of Core story one day?), but I expected that Eutopia would have a hard time to remain active into the future. Anyway, back to Core 2.0!

So the story of Core 1.x almost seemed to end here. But in reality, there was never a real danger of Core ending. One of the biggest challenges for Core after the move of founder and co-leader Jerrynon was to find an Evip. With MGD90001 (a TE veteran) joining, Core was saved. So it was very unfortunate (to say the least) that a misunderstanding about a land deal around spawn caused MGD90001 to quit. Very close in time another disaster happened: Core ceased to exist. It was by a stupid mistake of the leader that Core actually disbanded. Fortunately, the faction was reclaimed and all members were re-added with the help of staff. But it all didn't look good. We had expected a better way to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

But a small miracle prevented Core from slowly passing away. The leader of Core was bumped up to Evip, which immediately solved the biggest problem. But a struggling faction needs more than that. During the existence of Core, it seemed harder and harder to find new members. It would not be the first faction that simply died because of this. So a difficult time to find some decent new members started. But all efforts seemed to fail. In fact all factions seemed to struggle to find new recruits. Maybe because simply less new people actually start on TE than before.

Anyway, within a few weeks Core is back on more than 30 members because new people joined. It was now simply waiting to see how many of them would stick. But with regaining full power and the fact that no claims were reserved for land deals, the focus of Core shifted. With the "new" Evip, repairs were done around the faction. From now on, any damage to Creative buildings could be repaired very fast. So the small crop farm was repaired as well, so the objective of Core 1.x could be finished: building the Core under our home.

So new members had joined that we could call 2.0 members, like 20JACK12 and Zephyrron. But the old ones were still there too. Most important the officers RistieUB and Gawwain. But also Yulissa_ was still active in Core. And just before Core 2.0 the oldest member of Core returned: Podol2_. So with everything running fine, Core could start thinking about the future again. One of the most important ideas was to put more focus on building. Core had re-gained some free claims (due to the unintentional disband), so there was room for new builds. But to do that, we wanted to find a new builder for Core who could realize his creative ideas.

But even more new members join. Some of them are old TE guys who start again, like Lysergide. But a new builder for Core is not found yet. Then a miracle happens: lgoddgreat, the old officer, returns! But not for long. Still the new people with also _ShaoKahn_ and Minecraftking756 start to become very active, making Core again top the f list chart. Then TE changes to 1.8! An important step approaching V3, since now new members do not face the problem to have to downgrade anymore. And apart from all the great new things in 1.8, it brings Core one step closer to our ultimate goal.

Edited by Newcleus, 02 December 2015 - 10:26 AM.

• Jerrynon, LordGeokal, albino and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users