45 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

Emeryy

Emeryy

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts

How to make signatures: a step-by-step tutorial

This tutorial is for people that don't quite get what he/she wants in a sig from someone else. they make it and there is one thing you had in your mind that wasn't quite what you got. Well i'm here to help!

Step one: Brainstorm

think about what you want in a signature. maybe you want it to be about bears. maybe fishing, or some anime character or something. whatever it is, you need to have a plan. if you don't have a plan, it will turn out bad.

Step two: Find a background

A good signature has an interesting background, but some don't need one. find a high quality background that fits your theme. if you want your sig to be simple, with just your name and a picture, you may just want a white background. find this by searching for white.jpg on google.

Step three: Crop your background

Signatures on the TE forums must be 383 x 144 pixels or less. so you should probably make your sig the biggest it can be. The website i use to make sigs is called www.picmonkey.com . i use it because most features are free (i also use use for youtube thumbnails) and i can do almost anything i want with it. ANYWAYS, lets get back on topic. when you're on picmonkey.com, click on the "edit" tab. this should bring up your documents, where you can choose your back roundphoto. click on it. you should now be on the photo editor. click on basic edits (top left) and then click crop. make sure "keep proportions" is unchecked and type in the desired size (383 x 144) you can move the crop around to different portions of the back round photo to fit desired portions of it in your sig. click "apply" when ready you should now be left with a portion of the photo that is the size you need for your sig.

Step four: Add text

you want your photos to go around your text so the center of attention is "lazergirl564" instead of random pictures of anime guys' pecks or whatever you're into... I use this cool website called www.flamingtext.com to get my fonts. clck on  "Create a logo". you can now select from around 38 pages of different fonts. some fonts have a limit on how large they can be, or colors, etc. so be careful on what you select because it will make you pay for certain things. MAKE SURE TO MAKE THE BACKROUND TRANSPARENT, and to make it have a high contrast with your background on picmonkey. also be sure to click "for personal use" at the end to make it free. click download when it says you're finished.

Go back to the tab you have open on picmonkey.com and click on overlays (middle left, shaped like a butterfly) click "your own" at the top and select the text you downloaded from flamingtext.com. position it however you want.

Step Five: add pictures/clip art 

The picmonkey overlays section has a good selection of clip art to choose from that i usually use unless i need something specific. add a pic to the sig by first downloading/saving it, then adding it to picmonkey as if it is the text from flamingtext.com you may have to trim it. you can do this by selecting the image, then clicking eraser. i am not going to go through all of the features because they are mostly self explanatory.

Step Six: Applying your sig to the forums

click save at the top of the screen and save it to your computer. then go to www.imgur.com and click "upoad images" at the top. select the sig from your computer and click "begin upload". once it uploads, look at the right side of the screen. you will see a list of links and codes ready to be copied. Find the one that says BBCode (message boards and forums) and copy that. now go to your profile on the forums. click "edit profile" then on the left click "signature" click paste in the text box and you're ready to go! just click "Save changes"

Thank you for reading and i hope this helps! i hope to see everyone with a signature soon! lol :3

Edited by Emeryy, 09 February 2015 - 04:04 AM.

• simbaorka101, cecil1829, Ghoof and 13 others like this

cecil1829

cecil1829

Ecce Mono

• Server Donator
  • 1,641 posts
Nice tutorial. One thing though, it's background, not back round.
  • Zeroya likes this

Here's some text!

Emeryy

Emeryy

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts

lol fixed, but is says its wrong anyways :P

RainbowPink

RainbowPink

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 17 posts

Ty im gonna MAke one :D

eWC7nAW.jpg

RainbowPink

RainbowPink

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 17 posts

pOeNZ5q.jpg

Yay! my 1st Try

eWC7nAW.jpg

twister114

twister114

creepypasta obession~ twistykins

• Server Donator
  • 1,969 posts

1 problem, what if you don't have Photoshop or Gimp? its SUPER hard to make a good one on paint. .-.

• greygnarl likes this

eWFKjhc.gif

Thank you so much Raine, for this great sig! <3

TobeyPork

TobeyPork

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 561 posts

1 problem, what if you don't have Photoshop or Gimp? its SUPER hard to make a good one on paint. .-.

Gimp is a freeware :)

jP1sL4r.png

Grab a free signature tutorial here : http://forums.teamex...sing-photoshop/

theamdman

theamdman

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,157 posts

Gimp is a freeware :)

there is always thepiratebay for photoshop :)

• LionKilla44 likes this

TobeyPork

TobeyPork

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 561 posts

there is always thepiratebay for photoshop :)

True xD :)

And my provider is blocking thepiratebay and kickass :(

jP1sL4r.png

Grab a free signature tutorial here : http://forums.teamex...sing-photoshop/

beetle5341

beetle5341

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 20 posts

trying to make one 啊

Emeryy

Emeryy

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts

I cant even... I never even nentioned photoshop or gimp or paintm...

twister114

twister114

• Server Donator
  • 1,969 posts

what do you mean? o-o  then what do you use

eWFKjhc.gif

Emeryy

Emeryy

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts

if you read the tutorial you would know...

WhiteTyga

WhiteTyga

Backflip

• Server Donator
  • 958 posts

i use photoshop :) made my own

maybe if u press my sig u will be filled with the infinite knowldege of sig making

• LordEmir and TobeyPork like this

ChillHawk was here

Emeryy

Emeryy

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 679 posts

maybe if u press my sig u will be filled with the infinite knowldege of sig making

I believe I have been trolled...

cecil1829

cecil1829

Ecce Mono

• Server Donator
  • 1,641 posts
I can't be the only one here who uses PowerPoint to make his sigs...
  • TobeyPork likes this

Here's some text!

WhiteTyga

WhiteTyga

Backflip

• Server Donator
  • 958 posts

I believe I have been trolled...

not at all, are you not enlightened?

• Souless_Zor likes this

ChillHawk was here

Souless_Zor

Souless_Zor

can i haz fraction

• Server Donator
  • 74 posts

sooo cute XD

# My IGN is SoulessZor :P

Posted Image

Michael9586

Michael9586

can i haz fraction

• Server Donator
  • 58 posts

Test?

tMPQPY8.jpg

twister114

twister114

• Server Donator
  • 1,969 posts

I am ninja, is that you Michael?!? XD if it is, I didn't even notice... and btw, PicMonkey.com is kinda not loading for me =/ ah well

eWFKjhc.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how, to, mage, sig, signature, imgur, edit, my, peoples

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users