Since a lot of people are using TabbyChat and don't really know how to configure it I decided to highlight some configuration options here.
1. Prevent tabs from opening
If you are using TabbyChat for a while you'll see all kinds of tabs open like in this exaple:
Most tabs like Lockette, MobArena, VoxelCam and all moderators who do ip blocks from time to time you really don't need.
Here is the solution to stop them from appearing.
Here is what you should do:
- Press T to open the chatbox
- Hold shift and click the [*] channel, a settings box will show up
- Click Server (in the menu on the left side), you will now see this:
- In the 'ignored channels' list list the channels you want to ignore; for example:
- now the messages that would normally go in these tabs will still show up in [*]; but will not show up in a separate tab anymore.
2. How to close tabs
Once you create the filters in step 1 you might want to close the tabs it created.
You can do that by holding shift when clicking the tab.
3. Send pm's to a separate tab
Since you really don't want to miss any pm when you are afk for a couple of minutes it's sometimes quite interesting to save them to a separate tab. I still have to figure out how to send each conversation to a separate tab automatically, but this should already help a bit.
Shift + click the [*] channel again (as described in step 2), now go to the filter tabs, and click new. Now make it look exactly like this, after that press save:
Checking the audio notification can also be usefull for some.
I'll try to make a tutorial on how to highlight messages with your name in it, but I will add them later.
If you have any suggestions on what you would like to add to this tutorial let me know!