• 645 posts

THANK THE LORD.

• Reaper024 and PatrickmiX like this

LucasjFoy

LucasjFoy

TheSquad

• Server Donator
  • 2,262 posts

lol they specifically mentioned chickens cus of foy, id set up bottons randomly in a bunch of places so people get curious press them and then people farm.. but i will need a new laptop first

Nooo I don't think they did I mean I made a chicken switch this morning then got told it was to be taken down
Posted Image
Absense, over

MineHard

MineHard

Technical Madman

• Server Donator
  • 1,708 posts

To anyone that is hating on this rule, switch to the manual side, we got cakez

Posted Image
Thanks for the sig Mangekyou
Mining Brick cannons since 2012 to ensure safety

LucasjFoy

LucasjFoy

TheSquad

• Server Donator
  • 2,262 posts

To anyone that is hating on this rule, switch to the manual side, we got cakez

Ew defo not lol
Posted Image
Absense, over

Cruizectrl

Cruizectrl

Mud Farmer

• Server Donator
  • 19 posts

I use a pressure plate timer that I activate upon log in and then deactivate when log off.

This is no longer acceptable?

MOAR WOOD!

Posted Image

LucasjFoy

LucasjFoy

TheSquad

• Server Donator
  • 2,262 posts

I use a pressure plate timer that I activate upon log in and then deactivate when log off.

This is no longer acceptable?

No pressure plates only buttons
Posted Image
Absense, over

2PieceCombo

2PieceCombo

Rage King

• Administrator
  • 2,899 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:no

Ill agree that it does make things a bit harder on people that rely heavily on autofarms, but in a way its a good thing. No more insane towers of farms, and the inflation was terrible. It takes us back to a simpler time when thats all we could do. :)

• Reaper024 and Banana81 like this

Visit the TE Facebook page! CLICK HERE
Check us out on youtube! CLICK HERE

Darion_S

Darion_S

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 999 posts

what about if the pressure plate is only accessible to people who have access to the farm?

hctKU4i.gif?2

Siggy-iggy-iggy

Mysterious Mew

Mysterious Mew

The blue blur

• Server Donator
  • 645 posts

what about if the pressure plate is only accessible to people who have access to the farm?

I sense a loophole.

Flox

Flox

Cat toucher

• Administrator
  • 3,888 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:-

I'd like to know why. What are you trying to do, that won't work with a button?

Dartel

Dartel

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 269 posts

Cause people are lazy to push the button, it takes so much power out of their bodies when they right click the mouse button... :)

• ItzJusMe likes this
Posted Image
Awesome sig from Mangekyou-sama

Willynator_

Willynator_

Bean Bag Chair

• Server Donator
  • 2,189 posts

Ill agree that it does make things a bit harder on people that rely heavily on autofarms, but in a way its a good thing. No more insane towers of farms, and the inflation was terrible. It takes us back to a simpler time when thats all we could do. :)

you can still make towers if u invert the power, and u can make it more compact too so the towers would be cheaper
Posted Image

Reaper024

Reaper024

✘ Beta Twin ✘

• 1,173 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Silvyr ;)

you can still make towers if u invert the power, and u can make it more compact too so the towers would be cheaper

nah, most towers have the same basic design , so it'd just be hooking the trigger to a button instead of a chicken switch

Alas, unfortunatly i dont think it will reduce the number or size of towers, just how often they go off 

i'd LOVE to see a "red zone" rule, like the total number of pumpkins allowed to be produced by autofarming means (any farm that utilizes redstone, pistons, or non player interaction to harvest the pumpkins)  per faction within x chunks of the spawn walls is y pumpkins

that'd keep the pumkinflation down, keep all those monstes of pumpkins, redstone, and fallign water from beign active 24/7 and keep all those towers form crowding up the spawn area

and i can't think of any loopholes to it XD

ufwrUcQ.gif

Spoiler

Willynator_

Willynator_

Bean Bag Chair

• Server Donator
  • 2,189 posts

nah, most towers have the same basic design , so it'd just be hooking the trigger to a button instead of a chicken switch

Alas, unfortunatly i dont think it will reduce the number or size of towers, just how often they go off 

i'd LOVE to see a "red zone" rule, like the total number of pumpkins allowed to be produced by autofarming means (any farm that utilizes redstone, pistons, or non player interaction to harvest the pumpkins)  per faction within x chunks of the spawn walls is y pumpkins

that'd keep the pumkinflation down, keep all those monstes of pumpkins, redstone, and fallign water from beign active 24/7 and keep all those towers form crowding up the spawn area

and i can't think of any loopholes to it XD

but how would that be enforced, and about the towers im talking about new towers
Posted Image

Reaper024

Reaper024

✘ Beta Twin ✘

• 1,173 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Silvyr ;)

basically, if theres a tower that looks HELLISHLY too big then it gets investigated, it just sucks how the sheer amount of them crowds the immiediate area around spawn

maybe just changing the price of pumpkins would reduce pumpkinflation....

ufwrUcQ.gif

Spoiler

Darion_S

Darion_S

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 999 posts

because having to move the redstone to a wall instead of a pressure plate, and hooking it up to a button wound up screwing up my whole farm, and being that my farm is underground, in the ocean, it's proving to be a real pain in the testicles to get it to work right again

hctKU4i.gif?2

Siggy-iggy-iggy

Flox

Flox

Cat toucher

• Administrator
  • 3,888 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:-

because having to move the redstone to a wall instead of a pressure plate, and hooking it up to a button wound up screwing up my whole farm, and being that my farm is underground, in the ocean, it's proving to be a real pain in the testicles to get it to work right again

well, if private, and no chickens or other animals, it's ok

Darion_S

Darion_S

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 999 posts

chickens? you stole all my chickens, and my horse, and my sheep and cows... :(

now I only have iheartslb to harass on my island lol

but in all seriousness, no I don't have anything that automatically turns on the farm except a plate in the floor at the entrance of the place that pops the pumpkins/melons/cane when you walk over it intentionally.

my wheat farm, and tater farm however.... are button powered, because well... I know somebody would just screw that up setting off the plate while the seeds are down lol

hctKU4i.gif?2

Siggy-iggy-iggy

Lord Polydeukis

Lord Polydeukis

Mad Scientist

• Server Donator
  • 1,606 posts

I fixed my farm, now it works with a button, anyone that want to buy can press the button

G9MMzMy.gif

Lex1k0n

Lex1k0n

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 594 posts

Does anyone else realize how inaccurate the word pumpkinflation is?  In regards to economics inflation " is a rise in the general level of prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time." Prices vary all over the server but in terms of most common goods the prices are not rising, in fact several are falling but generally speaking they not changing significantly from what I can see.  Now before the naysayers grab their pitchforks i'll concede that the "donation market" has risen greatly and this very well may be related to pumpkin farmers having access to large funds.

I'm not passing judgement on farms one way or the other but I am pointing out the the term pumpkinflation which we have all adopted (myself included) is giving a false impression of what's really happening just because it sounds clever.  This isn't about inflation or aesthetics,  that's bs, it's about lag and it's about people feeling there is a 1% on the server both are valid concerns so let's stop mucking of the issue.

1. Lag- I have 1 large pumpkin farm which is about as big as you can get on 2 chunks, which I share with Flames1288.  Before the new rule was enacted I measured the lag and found that while growing it produced no noticeable lag.  Measurable lag occurred for less than 0-3 seconds every 7 minutes when the harvest would cycle. Since the new rule my farm cycles appx once every 1-2 hours.  As long as you aren't cycling your farm every 5 minutes most farms won't produce significant lag.

2. 1% issue- I don't really know how to respond to this, I have one massive farm and I still find I don't have much money.  The people with most of the money out there aren't effecting the general market b/c most aren't spending it on common goods.  The markets they are effecting are the donation market, and the real estate market., big money is going towards land and donations.  Because of this it is much harder to justify taking direct action on farms.

This is basically an opinion piece but it's one informed by the observations of someone who has direct experience with land, farms, donations, and the iconomy  Do with it what you will, you're not required to agree with me and i'm not asking you to :)

• Promarksman117, Matapaluza, Naqvamp and 7 others like this

5fhCyPW.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users