bfgr.jpg

[Officer]Superpierce1

Nakama Faction

Escapist

Escapist

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 787 posts
i did this a few times before, didnt realised it but just glad that all my stuff were transferred to chests and stuff :/ didnt bother to find out how :P

5a3de808-9ed0-4094-9e5b-1ea5482175d9_zps

Made by Raine.  :)

RickElite

RickElite

Noobie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Wow.  I learned something today thanks :P

Kynda

Kynda

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 125 posts

I thank you as a newcomer in this blocky world. :P

Iu521av.png

PillowNana

PillowNana

Noobie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Wow thanks alot!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

• FHead3r likes this

Nastyblood1

Nastyblood1

The Nasty

• Banned
  • 2,749 posts

Brilliant !! I used to make it sometimes with pressing randomly but didnt know actually how ! 

Thanks it helped a lot !!

Lh7O2yW.gif

Big Thanks For Sjouwer For That Awesome Sig !

RistieUB

RistieUB

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 251 posts

lol xD, I didn't know this. Nice one :D

Here lies my signature o.o

harlow

harlow

can i haz fraction

• Members
  • 57 posts

I already knew this, but I wish I didn't so that I could read it here. :)

harlow

harlow

can i haz fraction

• Members
  • 57 posts

I didn't know this, thnx 4 useful info. :D

s_karthik

s_karthik

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 13 posts
thanks i dint know that before

jakobaindreas_11

jakobaindreas_11

Wealthy Merchant

• Members
  • 276 posts
I dont know this shortcuts nice tutorial :)

CXQ6sT4.png
Thanks to Rнyє for the awesome sig :D
https://soundcloud.c...akobaindreas_11

thenewbie111

thenewbie111

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 376 posts
Thanks Lex this is very useful
Posted Image

Big thanks to TobeyPork for his awesome sig!

☛ŔŎßỎ2ØØ7☢

☛ŔŎßỎ2ØØ7☢

Cobble Builder

• Server Donator
  • 40 posts

I learned this trick b4 from a friend

spliter

spliter

Wealthy Merchant

• Server Donator
  • 318 posts

Well since some of you enjoyed that i'll add a couple more

To evenly spread a stackable object over several slots; Start by holding the stacked item in your hand, then hold shift and left click while scrolling over the slots you wish to divide the stack over.  The stack should evenly distribute over all the stacks you touched i.e. 18 redstone dust scrolled over 9 empty slots will fill each slot with 2 redstone dust.  This is pretty useful if you're crafting something like redstone (or similar) blocks.

If you want to fill a number of slots but you only wish to put one item in each slot you do the same procedure as above except you right click while scrolling over the empty slots.

Haha nice one I didn't know this one

eq7z88.png

IGN Changed

new ign: splitter_

alcasperboy

alcasperboy

Noobie

• Members
  • 4 posts

hey how to make team extreme install on usb for playing it in school without installing just how to make it portable???

Mgis90

Mgis90

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 18 posts

To evenly spread a stackable object over several slots; Start by holding the stacked item in your hand, then hold shift and hold left click while scrolling moving over the slots you wish to divide the stack over.  The stack should evenly distribute over all the stacks you touched i.e. 18 redstone dust scrolled over 9 empty slots will fill each slot with 2 redstone dust.

I would like to add that shift is not needed here. So just grab it and then click and hold and move over slots.

Also recently I saw that some popular player on youtube didn't know that Ctrl+Q drops whole stack of items, either while hovering with cursor in inventory or holding in hotbar (in hand). It was interesting because he was in a hurry

hey how to make team extreme install on usb for playing it in school without installing just how to make it portable???

kind of offtop

Lex1k0n

Lex1k0n

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 594 posts

I would like to add that shift is not needed here. So just grab it and then click and hold and move over slots.

Also recently I saw that some popular player on youtube didn't know that Ctrl+Q drops whole stack of items, either while hovering with cursor in inventory or holding in hotbar (in hand). It was interesting because he was in a hurry

Thanks, you're 100% right and I just updated the post to correct that :D I've been meaning to update this with some other interesting ones I've come across so I took this opportunity to do that (added ctrl+q too).  Also it seems like a decent number of new players are also coming across this post so I added a few better known inventory shortcuts at the bottom in another color.

5fhCyPW.gif

Mgis90

Mgis90

Mud Farmer

• Members
  • 18 posts
Nice. Let me quote from first post:
(I am sorry I can't use quote sections now, I can paste)

"Add one item evenly to several slots using a stacked object
Note: Backing over the same slot twice will not add a another of the item."
--> But in case you want to make two minecarts: release right mouse button, then click and hold it again (add second layer of items, I mean now the slots will have 2x Item in each slot you desired).

"Drop an entire stack from the hot bar at once"
I am not sure if You got me. (In its entirety!)
--> This also works when you have your inventory opened (or chest, anything) and then when you hover mouse over something Ctrl+Q drops whatever you point at. Ex. You want to give all your items to somebody.

"I find this useful for things like crafting redstone blocks where I have 9 stacks of dust which need to be moved."
I prefer shift-clicking randomly positioned stacks. But yeah, positioning items on crafting grid with the numeric keys happens to be useful.

Allright now we have a very good listing/summary of hotkeys. ;)

yojanalexander2209

yojanalexander2209

Noobie

• Members
  • 1 posts

So some of you probably already know about this but I didn't so i'm taking a moment 

to share this trick for moving a lot of the same item from your inventory to a chest
or the other way around plus a few more

Moving many "like" items
Scenario:
Suppose you have an empty inventory and a chest full of pumpkins which you want to sell.
Rather than move one stack at a time into your inventory do this.  Open the double chest, 
and pick up an item such as a stack o pumpkins and hold it in your hand (so that it's moving with your cursor), then hold shift and double click another
stack of pumpkins from the chest (with the stack in hand).  All the pumpkins which will fit will
now jump to your inventory. This also works in reverse to move items from your inventory to a chest.

The item you hold in your cursor doesn't matter, the item you double click will determine which
item gets moved from one location to the other.

So if you have both wood and sand in your inventory and you double click the sand, only the sand will
jump into the chest.

Like I said many of you probably already knew this but several people I talked to did not
and this is a very useful inventory mechanic. The one thing i'll add is that sometimes it's a bit
buggy and the items will jump back.

Evenly spread a stacked object over several slots 

Start by holding the stacked item in your hand, then hold left click while moving the cursor over the slots you wish to divide the stack over.  The stack should evenly distribute over all the slots you touched i.e. 18 redstone dust scrolled over 9 empty slots will fill each slot with 2 redstone dust.  This is pretty useful if you're crafting something like redstone (or similar) blocks.

Add one item evenly to several slots using a stacked object

Start by holding the stacked item in your hand, then hold right click while moving the cursor over the slots you wish add the item to.  The stack should add 1 item to each slot you touched, provided that the slot is either empty or currently has the same item already in it. Note: Backing over the same slot twice will not add a another of the item.

Drop an entire stack from the hot bar at once
Use your mouse's scroll-wheel or keyboard #s 1-9 to select the stack you wish to drop. Then hold Ctrl and press Q.  The entire stack should then drop instantly.

Quickly move an item from your inventory to a desired hotbar slot
Start by opening up your inventory. Use your cursor to hover over the item you wish to move into your hotbar and press the # of the desired slot (1-9). The item will then instantly jump to that slot EVEN if the slot is already occupied, in which case the items will simply switch places.  This saves on a lot of tedious clicking especially if you're making several changes at once. Note: This also works if both items are already within the hotbar.

A few more commonly known inventory shortcuts
Splitting a stack in half with one click
Hover over the stack with your cursor and right-click. Half the stack will instantly jump to your hand. Note: If the stack can't be split evenly, half the stack + 1 will jump to your hand

Move item from hotbar to inventory  + inventory/hotbar to chests
Open your inventory and hover over the item you wish to move. Hold shift and left or right click. If the item is in the hotbar it will to the next available inventory slot, if the item is in the inventory it will move to the next available slot in the hotbar. IF there is no available slot for the item to move into, nothing will happen.  This also works with chests. Items that are shift clicked from your inventory/hotbar will jump to an available spot in your chest and vice-versa.

Instantly consolidate items into a stack
Open your inventory or the desired chest then use your cursor to hover over the desired (stackable) item and double left-click.  Your hand will instantly be filled with all the available item from the source location UP TO a full stack.  This is useful in situations where your inventory or chest is full of many partial stacks and you need to consolidate space. This also works while crafting and can save clicks in situations where you have spare material on your crafting table.

Move an item or stack from hotbar to crafting table
Start by opening up your crafting table.  Use your cursor to hover over the destination slot within the crafting table then press the # (1-9) desired hotbar item.  The item or stack from the hotbar will instantly move to the slot your cursor is hovering over.  I find this useful for things like crafting redstone blocks where I have 9 stacks of dust which need to be moved.

Instant-ish crafting
Start by opening up your crafting table and creating the desired recipe within it.  Rather than simply left clicking the tables output on the right, hold shift and left-click the output box.  This will cause you to craft as many of the new item as possible based on the ingredients you placed within the table.  The items will also automatically be placed in your hotbar or inventory.  This is for situations where you are crafting many of the same item and is primarily useful for recipes whose ingredients are stackable.  Example: You place a stack of 64 bones within a crafting table, the output on the right now reads 3 bonemeal. Shift-clicking the bonemeal will now instantly place 3 stacks of bonemeal if your inventory/hotbar and the crafting table will now be empty.

Hope you enjoyed that :D

-Lex

-edited (thanks to Kaos for the fix and mgis90 for the correction and addition of crtl+q) Updated 10/2/14

Fe_Nite

Fe_Nite

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,256 posts

^Was that necessary?

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Cursed-V3City-EVIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users