Photo

Want To Know If A Mod Is Allowed Or Not? Check Here!

203 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

zavidog

zavidog

The Mighty

• Assistant
  • 3,296 posts

the aether mod

Won't Work on TE

Mod name: Minecrack

Short description of mod/what is does: Allows players with crack Minecraft launchers (such as the teamextreme launcher) to use custom skins in multiplayer, and everyone SHOULD see the skin, even if they don't have the mod. (I haven't actually tested that)

Link to download/info page about the mod in question: http://minecrack.fr....ds.php?lang=eng

I've actually been using this since I joined the server. (Uhh...hopefully i don't get banned for it or something... XD)

It doesn't modify the game play, just gives custom skins to those who are using the cracked clients for whatever reason they might have.

I figured even though I've been playing for a while now and haven't encountered any problems, I would be better safe than sorry, and get this mod cleared.

It DOES require an account on the site, but it's free and seems legit (no no account stealing...not that it REALLY matters, cause why would you use this if you have premium?)

EDIT: Okay, so with the help of Mute_Muffin, I've discovered that in order to see another person's skin with Minecrack, one must also have it installed. So it didn't work as I thought it did, but if it does get approved, it will at least give SOME people skins on cracked launchers. 

It seems fine if you wish to use it

but it probably would not work on the server, not only would the server have to have it installed but also all the players

LftHQUp.png

Click >>> Here <<< for Invision's Recruitment Page            Status

montynick

montynick

Whippys Husband Touch Me And You Die

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts
Alright got more Mods

Mod Name: NEI
Short Displays items and recipies
Link: http://www.minecraft...ckenbones-mods/

Mod: Chickenbones
Desc: Allows NEI to work
Link: http://www.minecraft...ckenbones-mods/

Mod: Gammabright
Desc: Allows you to mess with gamma settings
Link: http://www.minecraft...right-mod-v202/

Here's a note for armor status HUD: please install bspkrscore mod and FML mod b4 install armor status. Otherwise, armor status will not work.

Really? I thought I could leave it out *facedesk*

Posted Image

Today is going to be a great Day, because everyday is a great day. - Mark Miller

“I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." - John C. Maxwell

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison (1995)

montynick

montynick

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts
Mod: DamageIndicators
Desc: When anything living takes damage, the damage they took will bounce off their head, with a cool little effect.
Link: http://www.minecraft...age-amount-mod/
  • alexkorneluk likes this

Posted Image

Today is going to be a great Day, because everyday is a great day. - Mark Miller

“I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card

"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card

"A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." - John C. Maxwell

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison (1995)

LucasjFoy

LucasjFoy

TheSquad

• Server Donator
  • 2,262 posts

Mod name: MapWriter Mod
Short description of mod/what is does: Maps your explorations, and output seems very similar to what is used at http://map.teamextrememc.com/. Just want to make sure if it's allowed or if there is anything it does which isn't allowed.
Link to download/info page about the mod in question (if available) http://www.minecraft...ource-mini-map/
DO
NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE. All other posts will be deleted, and you will
be forum banned for 3 days. YOU GET NO WARNINGS!!! You post something
unrelated/not a mod = 3 day ban.

Mod name: Journeymap
Short description of mod/what is does: JourneyMap is a client mod
which maps your Minecraft world in real-time as you explore.  You can
view the live map in a web browser, on your iPad or Android Tablet, or
in-game.

Link to download/info page about the mod in question (if available) http://journeymap.techbrew.net/ or http://www.minecraft...d-multi-player/

I can safely say no to both of these, people have been banned for then
Posted Image
Absense, over

Mute_Muffin

Mute_Muffin

Shop Owner

• Server Donator
  • 142 posts

Mod name: Armor Movement Mod

Short description of mod/what is does: Allows the user to move in different ways in the world, through constructing certain items. Some items require fuel for some of their effects.

Link to download/info page about the mod in question (if available): - Links: Minecraft Forum Post Download PageVideo of it in action

Note, I reccomend manually installing using the .zip file as I really don't trust the installer version.

Wont work on the server, this is a client-side mod.

Lenore.png

Doctor_Badass_

Doctor_Badass_

Diamond Monger

• Assistant
  • 837 posts

mod name: Tukmc  http://www.minecraft...lthbars-45k-dl/

Description: It is an HUD that shows direction, biome, fps, ping, compass, clock, armor, status affects, number of players online, number of free inv slots, the item name and number of any block you look at, and a sexy looking health bar at the bottom.

One mod that does the job of several HUD mods and more

It also has a bunch of cool text options. These can be disabled by pressing K then default chat for those using tabbychat. Any part of this mod can be turned on or off per each players needs.

One bug i've noticed is / does the same thing as T. It just opens the chat. You have to press / again to enter a command.

Edited by Doctor_Badass_, 21 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

• Naqvamp, TheDoctor1103 and Alkynes like this

hBeN5Af.png

I'm not insane... sometimes

Alkynes

Alkynes

Bitches Love Sosa

• Server Donator
  • 2,169 posts

Mod Name: Schematica.

Link: http://www.minecraft...164-schematica/

Desc: With this mod you're able to display a ghost image of a schematic file inside Minecraft to rebuild a structure or export any part of your world (or a server's world) into a schematic file. You're able to export parts of your world, too, it's handy for making something in SP and wanting to build it on the server, or copying some redstone circuits or such, for another use, or build, It wouldn't be used to copy important builds such as near spawn or such.

31159_s.gif

Reaper024

Reaper024

✘ Beta Twin ✘

• 1,173 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:Silvyr ;)

Schematica would not be allowed as it CAN copy the world, which can have many implications other than just copying spawn, and even still, we wouldnt be able to enforce a "just dont use it around spawn" rule so it would fit under the category of map copying mods

ufwrUcQ.gif

Spoiler

Server Creepypasta

• 1,823 posts

hey guys.. im called Zelos_Omega and i got a few mod questions...

but first i have a thought... i have so many mods(about 64) for my single player and local multiplayer, and when i install a forge for my TE exclusive profile(a forge 1.6.4 profile), those mods are loaded. is there a way to make a profile for the mod folder as well? because 95% of my mods are a no no for the TE server. so when i switch from default Forge -> TE Forge i have different set of mods. the question is how do i do that....

next is if this mods are allowed

Smart Moving Mod: i pre-configured it so the advanced sprinting doesnt work. so does the climbing(either by ledge or by vines). i just need the proning and crawling.

Motion Tracker Mod: it does show nearby mobs but not in a graphical way. the concept is like in Alien VS Predator where when an entity is present, the radar pings.

EXP Chest: it stores your hard earned EXP so when you die you dont lose it. its quite expensive to build so it cant be abused.

Multipage Chest: It adds chest with up to 5 pages of storage. It is made by 5 frigin diamond so it is expensive as well.

ID FIX: a utility mod that fixes any ID issues

Redstone Paste: It adds redstone paste that works like a regular redstone dust except it can be placed on walls or on ceilings as it "Sticks" around... makes redstone contraption more complicated and neater...

Security Craft: It adds item such as keypad lock or card reader and a sturdy iron door.

other than the aformentioned mods. i will install the following as they are allowed

Optifine: my computer is poopie so i need enhancements

Rei Minimap: Bad at direction

Damage Indicator: It shows the enemy HP and status effects... nothing to cheaty

Compact Display HUD: another HUD Mod... it just makes a neater HUD and nothing else. although is having a free clock/compass bad? because the hud includes a digital clock and a graphical(non-static) compass and clock. it also shows how many uses an item has as well as a total count of your remaining arrows.

also is there a way to add skin if my client is cracked? and before you response to this question lemme first say i wont respose to "just buy the real deal" kinda responses. all i can say to you who will answe rin that manner is you are a$$Holes... i dont want you telling me to buy it. if we are poor we are poor. if there is a way just tell me. BUT NOT THAT BUY THE GAME thing...

anyways nice server. advanced thank you to members, mod and admin who will take their time to help...

Smart Moving - Doesn't matter if you configured it to shit itself if you tried to move faster, it still has that function, therefore not allowed

Motion Tracker - It still tells you where they are outside of the usual sight and hearing indicators, not allowed

EXP Chest - Won't Work. For this to work it would have to be installed on the server

Multipage Chest - See EXP Chest

ID Fix - Yes, this would be allowed

Redstone Paste - Wont Work (same reason as EXP Chest). For vertical wiring, you can just stack a torch on the block, another block on top of that torch, then a torch on the new block, etc.

Security Craft - Wont Work

Optifine - Allowed

Rei's Minimap - Allowed

Damage Indicator - I think thats a server side one, but if I'm wrong on that one I'd guess it's allowed since it only gives information and doesn't alter gameplay

Compact Display HUD - Allowed

Hope that helps :)

cow900123

cow900123

Noobie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Name : ModLoader

Description of mod/what is does: Just loading mod and for making mods work

Link : http://www.minecraft...gami-downloads/

Name : Pixelmon

Description of mod/what is does: Adding feature for playing minecraft but pokemon version

Link : http://pixelmonmod.com/blog/?p=211

montynick

montynick

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts

Modloader works, pixelmod wont

Posted Image

cow900123

cow900123

Noobie

• Members
  • 3 posts

How about ForgeModLoader?

And why Pixelmon not? I mean like on singleplayer,not Server. And any mods i install will be gone. I don't know why :/

montynick

montynick

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts

Any mod will work on single player. Its just will not work on the server. and Forge is allowed...if you look back in posts it will tell you all the different mods that have been asked about already

Posted Image

Hurricane_32

Hurricane_32

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 931 posts

I don't think mods like these can cheat the server in any way, buit I just want to be 100% sure I can use them  :P

Mod name: Animated Players Mod

Short description of mod/what is does: Improves the walking, spriting, swimming animations.

Link: http://www.minecraft...ixel-eyes-v130/

Mod name: CraftGuide

Short description of mod/what is does: Opens a GUI window that displays every crafting recepie in the game.

Link: http://www.minecraft...aftguide-v1674/

IcedEskimo

IcedEskimo

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,449 posts

animated players as long as it doesn't increase ur sprinting/swimming/walking speed without potions, etc., it should be fine.

Craft Guide seems to work like a mod called "Recipe Book" which comes with NEI. Since NEI is allowed, Craft Guide should be too :)

• TalkyAttorney likes this

xs1tVtM.png
A Huge Thanks To Koen For This Epic Sig!!!

TalkyAttorney

TalkyAttorney

Take that!

• 1,347 posts
  • What is your favorite color?:colors

Slime Mod

This mod expands your F3 screen to indicate whether you're in a slime-spawning area. 

It takes both slime chunks and swamps into account, and also checks the height.

In swamps, the mod will also tell you the effect of the lunar phase on the slime spawn rate.

Link: http://chunkbase.com/mods/slime-mod

Wont work on multiplayer. Anything that reads if it is a slime chunk is based on the client giving the maps seed, so which servers have since been coded to not give it out, thus defunking the use for the mod. It's certainly not illegal to have it installed, though it's not going to do anything for ya :P

klFmGiJ.png

TgqWSmF.pngkfcz0aq.png8YDA2C7.png

help me pay for all the waifus: 1JcLTunL1ri3gCJfRSAh9Ne4PLENCi6ERY

montynick

montynick

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts

animated players as long as it doesn't increase ur sprinting/swimming/walking speed without potions, etc., it should be fine.

Craft Guide seems to work like a mod called "Recipe Book" which comes with NEI. Since NEI is allowed, Craft Guide should be too :)

Wrong on the animated players. because you have the possibility to do it. So that one is not allowed

Posted Image

Hurricane_32

Hurricane_32

Diamond Monger

• Server Donator
  • 931 posts

Wrong on the animated players. because you have the possibility to do it. So that one is not allowed

I don't think you can... All it does is change the player animations and improve them...

montynick

montynick

• Server Donator
  • 2,178 posts

I don't think you can... All it does is change the player animations and improve them...

Tried the mod, it actually does. and that is against the rules. Its why better sprinting is not allowed on the server either...cause even if you dont use it you can still have the possibility to

Posted Image

IcedEskimo

IcedEskimo

Enderdragon Slayer

• Server Donator
  • 1,449 posts

um if you check the videos, you see that it only changes things for the player and not the actual game. It's sort of like that animation thing that youtubers use for minecraft music videos and stuff (eg. Slamacow)

• Fireredlion and Hurricane_32 like this

xs1tVtM.png
A Huge Thanks To Koen For This Epic Sig!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users